As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:38:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312139 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: August 02, 2012, 04:00:52 PM »
« edited: August 02, 2012, 04:04:25 PM by opebo »

You are leaving at 4:30 in the morning?  Is that a normal time for you to do things, Bushok?  I'm usually going to bed about that time (it is 4:00 AM now).  

AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1876 on: August 02, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

That's what I always did when I have a long ride or move. Leave at 4 or so in the morning, that way you can get a few hours on the road before any potential traffic.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1877 on: August 02, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »

Bushie should now adopt an orphaned Mormon child. Aww.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1878 on: August 02, 2012, 04:47:29 PM »

Bushie should now adopt an orphaned Mormon child. Aww.

I'm sorry that just made me LOL. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1879 on: August 02, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »

It turns out my father will be staying here and not coming with my mother and me.  We probably will not need his SUV, as we can get everything else in the movers truck or my Nissan Sentra.  This trip is already going to be expensive with me being out of work now until I actually start work and paying for the movers and the motel and the apartment and the gas and food.  If we can cut costs by not renting an SUV and letting Mom fly home after we're done moving things in, then that'll be wonderful.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1880 on: August 02, 2012, 10:17:01 PM »

It turns out my father will be staying here and not coming with my mother and me.  We probably will not need his SUV, as we can get everything else in the movers truck or my Nissan Sentra.  This trip is already going to be expensive with me being out of work now until I actually start work and paying for the movers and the motel and the apartment and the gas and food.  If we can cut costs by not renting an SUV and letting Mom fly home after we're done moving things in, then that'll be wonderful.

Where's  he going to live? They're separating?!

Also, I'm about 60 pages into the second Update. Oh my God, Bushie. I now see the futility of this. You are beyond help.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1881 on: August 02, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2012, 11:02:06 PM by BushUtah »

It turns out my father will be staying here and not coming with my mother and me.  We probably will not need his SUV, as we can get everything else in the movers truck or my Nissan Sentra.  This trip is already going to be expensive with me being out of work now until I actually start work and paying for the movers and the motel and the apartment and the gas and food.  If we can cut costs by not renting an SUV and letting Mom fly home after we're done moving things in, then that'll be wonderful.

Where's  he going to live? They're separating?

I will live in Salt Lake City, my parents will continue to live in Oklahoma City for at least a few more years

EDIT:  My mother will fly back to the Oklahoma City Airport after the movers come and go in Salt Lake City.  She's driving up with me and then flying home where Dad will pick her up.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Keep reading, my friend...  It only gets more futile. Smiley
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1882 on: August 02, 2012, 11:04:39 PM »

Are you going to evangelize to Mormons?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1883 on: August 02, 2012, 11:07:56 PM »

It's also interesting to note that the company my Dad works for has a branch in Ogden, Utah which is 40-45 miles north of Salt Lake City.  He has been out there on numerous occasions over the 13 years he's worked for this company.  They like him so well in Ogden that they have flat told him that anytime he wants to move to Ogden he's more than welcome.  He told them that he had two anchors in Oklahoma City preventing him from moving, one was his mother-in-law and one was his younger son (me).  Well, now, the second anchor is moving to Salt Lake City.  We have discussed, though not near decided, that when his mother-in-law passes away that he and mom might move themselves to Ogden.  Naturally, he's not rushing her along by any means, but it is something they are thinking about as she is 86 years old.  He is 60 and Mom will be 60 on October 8.  I have a sneaking suspicion I might see them in Utah before they reach 70.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1884 on: August 02, 2012, 11:12:26 PM »

I am going to be a witness to them, but I'm not going to force my beliefs down their throat.  I will not convert to a Mormon and will stay a Southern Baptist.  The way I see it is I'm a newbie coming to their area, so what place do I have to come in and turn everything upside down?  I found out that the NBC affiliate in Salt Lake City is owned by the LDS Church.  I will not stop watching NBC because of that because if I do there are probably hundreds of other entities that are owned by the same and if I wanted to apply the same standard across the board by not watching or attending to such items then I might as well keep the television off and stay home.  I'm going to watch Utah football, Utah State football, maybe even BYU football.  I'm going to watch Utah Jazz basketball (while rooting for the OKC Thunder, of course!).  I'm going to try to engage with the culture as much as I can without becoming a Mormon.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1885 on: August 03, 2012, 03:29:18 AM »

I'm reminded of this post:

Same as with the Black man he supported for President four years ago, so I would suppose so. Evil

Let me clarify.  I would let him step into my home on Presidential/cordial terms, not as a Mormon trying to convert me.  The moment he starts trying to convert me, I would show him the door.

I would enjoy having President Obama in my home, because there is at least a chance he is a Christian, nobody knows for sure.  Romney is definitely not a Christian, he's a Mormon (I'm not going to get into the differences at this time).

My vote for President Romney is not about his religious beliefs, because I think he will keep them separate from public policy.  My vote for Romney is about Obama wanting to cut the military.  That turned me off real fast.  I still would not be too disappointed if Obama wins in 9 months, because he's done several pretty good things in his first term.

Bushie, you might want to avoid getting into debates with Mormons about whether or not they're really Christians.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1886 on: August 03, 2012, 05:01:34 AM »

As someone who has watched Utah State football for years, you're better off leaving that alone.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1887 on: August 03, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »

Bushie, exactly what is this new job?  I mean describe the occupation/position for which  you've been hired without an in person interview.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1888 on: August 03, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »

I'm reminded of this post:

Same as with the Black man he supported for President four years ago, so I would suppose so. Evil

Let me clarify.  I would let him step into my home on Presidential/cordial terms, not as a Mormon trying to convert me.  The moment he starts trying to convert me, I would show him the door.

I would enjoy having President Obama in my home, because there is at least a chance he is a Christian, nobody knows for sure.  Romney is definitely not a Christian, he's a Mormon (I'm not going to get into the differences at this time).

My vote for President Romney is not about his religious beliefs, because I think he will keep them separate from public policy.  My vote for Romney is about Obama wanting to cut the military.  That turned me off real fast.  I still would not be too disappointed if Obama wins in 9 months, because he's done several pretty good things in his first term.

Bushie, you might want to avoid getting into debates with Mormons about whether or not they're really Christians.

Yeah, I'm going avoid that discussion as much as possible.  Again, I'm a newbie coming to their turf, and I don't want to rock the boat too much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1889 on: August 03, 2012, 11:42:48 AM »

Bushie, exactly what is this new job?  I mean describe the occupation/position for which  you've been hired without an in person interview.

You must have missed an earlier post - I did have a face-to-face interview on Monday, July 23, 2012.  I've known about this for a couple weeks, but I kept it under my hat for a change because I didn't want to count the chickens before they hatched.  I didn't even tell Mom and Dad until this past Tuesday, July 31.  I kind of let the cat have a peek outside the bag when I mentioned Salt Lake City to her privately late Sunday night, July 29.  I let the cat run wild on Tuesday.  Anyway, it is a supervisor position at the Xerox in Salt Lake City.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1890 on: August 03, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »

That's what I always did when I have a long ride or move. Leave at 4 or so in the morning, that way you can get a few hours on the road before any potential traffic.

Leave at ten PM and drive all night and you won't see any traffic at all.  And your car will run cooler, and you won't have any annoying sun in your eyes.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1891 on: August 03, 2012, 02:07:41 PM »

Leave at ten PM and drive all night and you won't see any traffic at all.  And your car will run cooler, and you won't have any annoying sun in your eyes.

Unless he's not a fan of night driving.  I'm fine with it, because I'm a night person.  But some people just get way too tired.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1892 on: August 03, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »

eave at ten PM and drive all night and you won't see any traffic at all.  And your car will run cooler, and you won't have any annoying sun in your eyes.

Unless he's not a fan of night driving.  I'm fine with it, because I'm a night person.  But some people just get way too tired.

Yeah I know, and I admit I'm being a little facetious - if you proposed to me leaving for somewhere at 8 AM I'd be horrified. Its all what one is used to.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1893 on: August 03, 2012, 08:09:32 PM »

It's so kinky how BushKE uses cat so frivolously. Letting the cat out of the bag... letting the cat have a peek out.... letting the cat run wild.... so risqué. I'm shocked no one else has picked up on this subtly.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1894 on: August 03, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »

Bushie, I'm 130 pages into the Second update, and I can draw no conclusion except you are truly a cursed, miserable, terrible specimen of a human being. I cannot believe I was able to go and attempt to give you advice when you have so thoroughly ignored every piece of advice offered to you in this forum. Nor can I believe that we continued to give it.

I don't know what to say. You should be ashamed of yourself, scamming and exploiting and lying about your job situation, then claiming that you've received guidance from God! God is not talking to you... our God is a good God and He would not be leading you down your destructive path, so maybe it's Satan. But I doubt anyone is talking to you, at least not talking sense. No, you have your enablers, your parents and that pastor, who are useless enough to lead you to where you are today. I come from an African background, as you know, and we deeply follow and abide by our parents. But you depend on them as if you are five.

You go from a good paying job to a scam in which you rip off your own parents. You are terrible. No self-respecting man would do such a thing. A MUGU, and one who can be fooled by dishonest ones easily. You were a reverend, a Christian. You blaspheme God by involving Him in your tomfoolery... perhaps that's why you are so wretched.

You claim to take things slow and are engaged in a matter of months to a woman with the maturity of a ten year old. My God, do you not see the rest of us? 2-5+ years before engagement, like normal, coastal Americans! Then you try to get back together with her after she breaks up with you through your parents. I've never even heard of that happening. Ever! I mean, what's wrong with you!?

Then you sign up for a job with a company you worked for and quit before because you didn't like it after a day, I MEAN WHAT IS THAT? HOW CAN YOU BE SO IGNORANT ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING??!!! You go and tell us you're doing one thing and do another, saying you didn't want to believe you were doing sales?Huh No one's making you do that! You're not a slave! Slavery would be better for you, you would be doing honest work and be made to stick with it! Instead you quit jobs after months, weeks, days, hours! How many jobs have you had since you started the update?

Perhaps you're not real. I desperately want to believe such. Perhaps you're a collaborative effort between authoritarian leftists to erode our faith in humanity... as that's what your update is doing! Chris Christie a few weeks ago said that "Washington thinks it can manage your lives better than you can", and looking at you the answer is "damn right it can!" I know intelligent, sensible, attractive, and personable Oklahomans. What went wrong with you??

I'm watching the weather Channel right now. There's a fire in Oklahoma. I hope it burns your house, maybe that'll drive you to sensible behavior.

Mods, why haven't you banned this idiot yet? He's trolling, soliciting advice and not taking it, indeed doing the exact opposite of what we say. You set your ultimatum, Mikado, but he's failed about 20 such of his own similar goals. Get rid of him. Now!

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1895 on: August 03, 2012, 09:39:16 PM »

Simfan going for the jugular. 

I'm quite confident that these threads are trolling and/or posting anything resembling advice to this character is 100% useless, but I think it all boils down that I like the sound of my own voice.  I dislike myself for participating in this train wreck of threads but oh well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1896 on: August 03, 2012, 09:59:11 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2012, 08:46:48 PM by Back on the Fence Bushie »

Thanks for making me laugh, Sim!  I needed that!  Off to Bushie's ignore box you go. (just kidding).  I'm not going to get angry because that would be dignifying this rant with a response more than what I'm already giving it.  It doesn't phase me one bit.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1897 on: August 03, 2012, 10:05:37 PM »

Why do you tell me this? I know you'll pay no attention. You could at least answer my questions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1898 on: August 03, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »

It's so kinky how BushKE uses cat so frivolously. Letting the cat out of the bag... letting the cat have a peek out.... letting the cat run wild.... so risqué. I'm shocked no one else has picked up on this subtly.

Speaking of the cat, the real cat that is, the cat that made me cry by licking my ear, I have found him a new home!  My aunt and my cousin will come over after church on Sunday and meet him and one of them will likely take him home either that afternoon or a day or two later.  They are both cat lovers and have 2 cats apiece already.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1899 on: August 03, 2012, 10:13:12 PM »

Why do you tell me this? I know you'll pay no attention. You could at least answer my questions.

Why respond to raging insults?  I don't have time to mess around with that.  You have your opinions and I know anything I say will start a flame war and will be immediately shot down.  I, on the other hand, have more important things to do than to argue, I'm leaving for Salt Lake City, Utah in 342 hours 15 minutes at 4:30 am CDT on Saturday, August 18, 2012.  Will I probably waste time on Atlas, anyway?  Probably, but I'm not going to spend all my time on one conversation that will be going nowhere.  If you don't like me for some reason, fine, put me on ignore or don't come to this thread.  Two very simple solutions.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies