As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:32:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 312262 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: August 09, 2012, 05:23:44 PM »

the really frightening thing is that everything I post about myself is in fact real. Tongue

Same here!  And I certainly always found you to be very credible.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2026 on: August 09, 2012, 05:48:12 PM »

And I would like to see a screen shot of the written job offer that you allege exists, Jeff, which was now allegedly suddenly out-of-the-blue for no apparent reason been rescinded. What I wonder is just how much you post here is your real world, and how much is your fantasy world, and just how much you can discern the difference between the two.

Oh man, what if the twist ending to this whole saga is that the entire thing was a dream???
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #2027 on: August 09, 2012, 06:08:27 PM »

Do you still have your OK job, Bushie?

No.  Even if I did, though, $8.75 an hour with gas prices skyrocketing would barely even get me gas money.

Torie,

I've already shredded that job offer because it's no good anymore.  Like I said, though, I'm still looking in Salt Lake City, but I'm not in any hurry out there.  I have, though, learned my lesson and will stay away from call centers.  They are unstable critters and I have been going round and round with them and always end up in the same spot.  I want off the call center merry go-round!!  I'm not going to let desperation get the best of me this time.

Honestly, Jeff, everything about this was fishy from the start. My guess is that you actually lost your job with Xerox (or maybe left in a hurry, as you did with the gas company) and were concocting a story to cover for yet another sour turn of events.

Think about it: you went from being convinced that they were "jacking" with your pay to accepting a promotion to a position for which you have little qualification (and after just a month with this company) in an entirely different part of the country where you would be jobless for a two-month period but living off of the supposed generosity of a company that wouldn't even provide you with benefits for more than six months. Your moving date changed repeatedly, as did your moving plans, from no movers to movers to a quicky flight to SLC to meet face-to-face with a manager who was worried that you would back out prior to a sudden and unexplained rescinding of the job offer.

Simply put: W T F ...

Either you're flat-out lying about the circumstances surrounding the last couple of weeks, or Xerox (or Apple? Why did you mention that Apple was involved at one point?) invented a Rube Goldberg-esque scheme to get rid of you ... and trust me, companies like that don't bother with ridiculously intricate fabricated promotions in order to get rid of someone. They simply fire them.

What is the truth?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2028 on: August 09, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »

Either you're flat-out lying about the circumstances surrounding the last couple of weeks, or Xerox (or Apple? Why did you mention that Apple was involved at one point?) invented a Rube Goldberg-esque scheme to get rid of you ... and trust me, companies like that don't bother with ridiculously intricate fabricated promotions in order to get rid of someone. They simply fire them.

Don't forget "I've already shredded that job offer because it's no good anymore."  Who ever heard of such a thing?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2029 on: August 09, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »

Don't forget "I've already shredded that job offer because it's no good anymore."  Who ever heard of such a thing?

Yeah, I would never do that. Of course, we're all pretty sure that letter never existed.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2030 on: August 09, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »

Jeff - do you have any proof you can give us that this job is real?  Or that you still hold your current job?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2031 on: August 09, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »

Think about it: you went from being convinced that they were "jacking" with your pay

You've been watching too much Office Space. They did that to Milton - stopped paying him, rather than fired him... "These things have a way of just sorting themselves out..." - that doesn't happen in real life.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2032 on: August 09, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »

Busher, you foreshadowed this plot twist too much with the way you were speaking about things the last couple of days. Anyway, at least you can still see the local Shaman now when your aliments need to be addressed.

What do people think the next call center scam will be? I'm sure he'll tell us the next one is "really different" from all of the others.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2033 on: August 09, 2012, 11:29:38 PM »

Jeff - do you have any proof you can give us that this job is real?  Or that you still hold your current job?

He already said that he no longer has the OK job, and is now unemployed:

No.  Even if I did, though, $8.75 an hour with gas prices skyrocketing would barely even get me gas money.

Look, I'm all for calling out Bushie on the preposterous-sounding nature of his story, but I don't see the point of now demanding proof.  Why do you care so much as to demand proof?  He tells his tale, we tell him we don't believe him, but it's his choice as to whether he wants to try to convince us otherwise.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2034 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:55 PM »

Look, I'm all for calling out Bushie on the preposterous-sounding nature of his story, but I don't see the point of now demanding proof.  Why do you care so much as to demand proof?  He tells his tale, we tell him we don't believe him, but it's his choice as to whether he wants to try to convince us otherwise.

Because if he's making this up just to fool with the forum, he probably won't be here much longer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2035 on: August 09, 2012, 11:35:08 PM »

I've moved past Salt Lake City, now, and will not answer any more questions about it.

Instead, I've got something else in mind.  My parents and I were talking about vo-tech classes.  I've found a program at a local vo-tech here in Oklahoma City, a Web Developer program.  It takes 9 months to complete at a total investment of $2,025.  Once the classes are complete, I can get a Web Developer job that would pay anywhere between $23-$33 an hour.  I can take the courses online for the same price as I can in the classroom.  I would just have to invest 15 hours a week in the course.  Of course, I would find a part-time job in the mean time to help out with the bills.  My parents have been generous enough to help me with my bills until I can get on my feet.  Web Developer is more closely aligned with my college degree.  This vo-tech has a very high job placement rate for its graduates.  I will talk to my parents about it on Friday, but I figure if I can bide my time for another year in Oklahoma City and take this course while working at a fast-food joint or something just to help out at least a little bit, then once I get a Web Developer job, I can pay my mother back for the course.  It's definitely something to think about, but I've got to act fast as the semester begins on August 17.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2036 on: August 09, 2012, 11:39:40 PM »

No.  Even if I did, though, $8.75 an hour with gas prices skyrocketing would barely even get me gas money.

Because if he's making this up just to fool with the forum, he probably won't be here much longer.

I'll answer this one last question - I have proof and I was not making things up.  I don't purposefully or intentionally mislead the forum like you may think I do.  Everything I tell you is what actually goes on.  I will not provide the proof to the forum, because I don't have to provide any such information to people I've only met online.  I'm very transparent, but there are some things I will not disclose, one being personal documents of any kind, occupational, personal, medical, financial, etc.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2037 on: August 09, 2012, 11:48:06 PM »

Is this vo-tech program from a school that's a part of the Oklahoma DoCTE (CareerTech)?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2038 on: August 10, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »

http://onion.com/meyjWs
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2039 on: August 10, 2012, 05:15:01 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 05:51:27 AM by Simfan34 »

I continue to maintain that this constitutes trolling. I derive no pleasure from my vindication.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2040 on: August 10, 2012, 05:17:47 AM »

Sure, but some of our most entertaining posters are trolls. Nothing wrong with it, as long as it amuses us.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2041 on: August 10, 2012, 06:19:26 AM »

I continue to maintain that this constitutes trolling. I derive no pleasure from my vindication.

I maintain that your maintaining of this is trolling.  I would derive pleasure from your absence from this thread.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2042 on: August 10, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »

Hope you find something soon, Jeff. Honestly, you know that there have been a few of us out there who have given you some good advise, even going back to telling you not to leave your job at ONG. We know you need a job, but you keep jumping from call center to call center, and the same things happen. Hopefully you get some good prospects soon, and will get back on the right track. Just remember, some of us may have poke fun, but we dont want to see you fail.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2043 on: August 10, 2012, 09:49:58 AM »

Instead, I've got something else in mind.  My parents and I were talking about vo-tech classes.  I've found a program at a local vo-tech here in Oklahoma City, a Web Developer program.  It takes 9 months to complete at a total investment of $2,025.
Wow, that's a lot.

HTML and CSS are really easy to pick up on your own, so I hope that is not all you are paying for.  Even if it includes Javascript, php, and some graphic designing stuff (how to make buttons, animations, etc) I still cannot imagine the course being worth that much.  Everything you need to be a freelance web developer can be learned on line.  I won't try to tell you whether or not to take the course, but I do suggest starting the learning process on your own before you even start the course.  If you want specific suggestions (from programs to use to tutorials to follow) PM me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2044 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:53 AM »

Instead, I've got something else in mind.  My parents and I were talking about vo-tech classes.  I've found a program at a local vo-tech here in Oklahoma City, a Web Developer program.  It takes 9 months to complete at a total investment of $2,025.
Wow, that's a lot.

HTML and CSS are really easy to pick up on your own, so I hope that is not all you are paying for.  Even if it includes Javascript, php, and some graphic designing stuff (how to make buttons, animations, etc) I still cannot imagine the course being worth that much.  Everything you need to be a freelance web developer can be learned on line.  I won't try to tell you whether or not to take the course, but I do suggest starting the learning process on your own before you even start the course.  If you want specific suggestions (from programs to use to tutorials to follow) PM me.

Here are the required courses - mind you they are in clock hours, not credit hours.

Career Major: Web Developer 1080 hours
Courses:

Internet Technology Fundamentals 90 hours
Web Authoring Languages 90 hours
Database Development 90 hours
Web Application Technologies 90 hours
Website Production 90 hours
Advanced Web Authoring Languages 90 hours
Advanced Web Application Technologies 90 hours
Interaction Design 90 hours
Project Collaboration 90 hours
Database Driven Applications 90 hours
Professional Enhancement 90 hours
Web Design and Development Capstone 90 hours
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2045 on: August 10, 2012, 11:09:23 AM »

Most of the obvious holes in this latest story have been covered, but here's one in particular that stood out to me:

It sounds as if Xerox was tying pay to performance and $8.75 was the true minimum, and with good numbers one could earn $12/hour for that period, or even higher. However Bushie kept claiming he was offered that supervisor position because his numbers were so great. So why would he be making $8.75 then? By that standard he'd probably be getting above $12/hour.

What I'm guessing happened is he was fired again (or did poorly and was paid only the minimum) and the "new job" he was looking at in SLC is another one of those MLM scams.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2046 on: August 10, 2012, 11:11:49 AM »

Hope you find something soon, Jeff. Honestly, you know that there have been a few of us out there who have given you some good advise, even going back to telling you not to leave your job at ONG. We know you need a job, but you keep jumping from call center to call center, and the same things happen. Hopefully you get some good prospects soon, and will get back on the right track. Just remember, some of us may have poke fun, but we dont want to see you fail.

Thanks, Andrew.  I know the forum wants to see me succeed.  I am finally going to follow the advice of the forum and stay away from the call center.  While I work on this vo-tech program, I'm going to find a job, any non-call center job, that pays something.  My father said it doesn't have to be a $15+ hour job, just as long as it brings in some income.  Even if I have to work part-time somewhere, it would be better than nothing.  Dad is willing to fork over the money for the program, as long as I (1) stick with it and (2) get a good job right after it.

Yelnoc,  it is high, but I figure the payout on the other end will quickly dwarf the investment.  I know how to do most of this stuff, but it seems I have to have the certificate to at least get my foot in the door.  I want to stay in the IT field because that's where the majority of the jobs nowadays are.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2047 on: August 10, 2012, 11:39:14 AM »
« Edited: August 10, 2012, 12:42:17 PM by Torie »

Aside from the "shredding" incident (odd term there - you don't literally have a shredder do you?), it is rather disappointing Jeff that you "hid" that you had been canned from your latest job, until you got a multiple full court press on that one from several posters, and owned up to that at least. And no, I don't believe your story. Beyond what I said before as to the basis of my skepticism, even odder than that to which I alluded to before is that a Utah based outfit would respond positively to a resume out of Oklahoma, revealing a very ragged employment history, involving a job promotion to boot. That seems about as likely as Moses literally parting the Red Sea with a wave of his hand.

I kind of view your thread as akin to a novel, that just goes on forever, and ever, with most of the action as it were in your mind, rather than on the ground. Which is OK for a novel of a certain genre.  
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2048 on: August 10, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »

I kind of view your thread as akin to a novel, that just goes on forever, and ever, with most of the action as it were in your mind, rather than on the ground. Which is OK for a novel of a certain genre. 

I'm rereading Hayashi's Floating Clouds right now, actually! I still need to track down Vagabond's Song.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2049 on: August 10, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »

i can think of three scenarios:

1. the job was an mlm scam.  in that case it is probably best that it 'fell through.'

2. as j-mann said he got fired from xerox (or is it apple?) and concocted the whole slc story.

3.  he really did have a job offer and failed the background check.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies