As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:55:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 311767 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2075 on: August 15, 2012, 06:35:13 PM »

It's clear that God wants UndecidedKE to go to Thailand and live with opebo. And if he doesn't, we'll just have to write an Update! fan fiction where he does.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2076 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »

I have decided to suspend my job search until Monday.  With my mother in the hospital at least until Saturday or Sunday, I need to be up there with her as much as possible the next two days.  The only way I'll jump is if J-Mann's company were to call me for a face to face interview.  I will still respond accordingly to job ads, but I will not actively job search until Sunday's paper comes out and get started acting on it on Monday.

Again, I feel very encouraged about the conversation I had with J-Mann Wednesday Afternoon.  I really think it could go places.  It would be awesome and weird to work with a fellow Atlasian at the same company.  I will be jumping at the chance if it were to come to fruition.  At the very least, even if his company does not call me, I still hung up the phone Wednesday afternoon very encouraged and know which direction I need to head in.  I've also got my good friend and former fellow Atlasian, jamespol looking for me in Northern Utah.  I will be calling on a Utah prospect probably on Monday, 27 August 2012 after my mother is safely back home from the hospital.  I would call this Monday, but I don't want to get called up there for an interview and she still need me.  This particular company has classes starting every other Wednesday and is Customer Service, but it is not a call center.  It's actually located about 30 minutes north of Salt Lake City in the town of Layton, which is just south of Ogden.  I will also get other feelers out in other cities across the country looking for me.  My next city may be Kansas City.  After KCMO, it will be Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I've got places to look that won't run dry.  As I said previously, I am looking more outside Oklahoma than I am inside Oklahoma.  I think it is that critical I get out of Oklahoma.  I even think Tulsa is still too close.  I want somewhere that will take at least a half day to drive there.  Manhattan is 5 hours from Oklahoma City, which is just far enough.  Dallas is too close (3 1/2 hours) and Wichita is too close (3 hours).
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2077 on: August 16, 2012, 12:46:06 AM »

...most of my high school class stayed in South Carolina for the 4 years because they didn't want to change scenery, but I went to North Carolina...

Wow, so exotic!  Was there a culture shock?  Hard to get used to the food?

Just kidding, good for you for going to university out-of-state, even if next door.  Though keep in mind this option is only open to the wealthy.

My family certainly wouldn't be considered wealthy, though granted due to reciprocity agreements going to college in Minnesota for North Dakota residents is still considered in-state.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2078 on: August 16, 2012, 06:48:30 AM »

I've also got my good friend and former fellow Atlasian, jamespol looking for me in Northern Utah. 

Ahem......mistake.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2079 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

I've also got my good friend and former fellow Atlasian, jamespol looking for me in Northern Utah. 

Yeah, you also had someone who had a job opening for you in Oklahoma that paid pretty well too, and was still fairly close to your home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2080 on: August 16, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »

Yeah, you also had someone who had a job opening for you in Oklahoma that paid pretty well too, and was still fairly close to your home.

I know, but I am of the opinion that staying in Oklahoma may be a mistake as it would be too easy to ask Mom for help.  I need to get away.  Ive got something brewing in Utah.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2081 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »

Dude you cannot trust jamespol......
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2082 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55:52 AM »

Why not? Just because he was a forum troll, does not mean he is a troll in real life.  He actually has stable employment in Park City, UT just east of SLC.  You cannot judge the man.

That said, this next Utah possibility has nothing to do with James.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2083 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »

Don't be afraid to leave Oklahoma. I remember when I was looking at colleges, most of my high school class stayed in South Carolina for the 4 years because they didn't want to change scenery, but I went to North Carolina because I wanted to get out from under my parents rule. I am so happy I did, because I had so many experiences and freedoms I would never have had if I lived in the same town. I have always maintained that it isn't healthy to be that close in proximity to your parents. Love them with all your heart, but make a life for yourself. You shouldn't have to stick around to care for them or keep them company.

And I would not go back to a call center. You've tried it over and over again. To frame it as Christian as possible, maybe god is telling you that isn't for you. We all have failures, which is what makes life the way it is. Why not look at something like you were doing at the utility company? Surely you can find work there. Do the laws in OK state that companies can give you bad references or just that you worked there? Before this whole mess started, it sounded like you had a stable life, a stable job and could pay your bills. Go back to what works, not what you think might work or something that is a huge risk.

I am definitely not afraid to leave Oklahoma. As I mentioned earlier, I think its actually a detriment to stay in Oklahoma.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2084 on: August 16, 2012, 01:25:36 PM »

Jesus man, you get the point.. Tongue I was far enough away from my parents to where I didn't see them but during holidays. BushKE is 30 and still sees them every day - hell he still eats with them almost daily. He needs a new lady, fresh, young, full of life to really kickstart him!

Yes, I get you, for sure, was just having a little fun.  I myself went to college partially in my own state, just a few hours from home (though also in NY state partially as well).  But yes, the key is to be at least far enough away that you rarely see the parents, and they can't just 'pop by'.

As for your ambition for the BushOK loins.. perhaps you set the bar a bridge too far, my friend.  Lets help him get to the point where he can find it, before we advise him to use it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2085 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:23 PM »

I have made my desire to leave Oklahoma crystal-clear to my family.  They fully agree, but want me to keep ALL my options open including Oklahoma.  They would prefer me in Kansas instead of Utah because its close.  I reiterated my criteria for a place to live would be either a days drive or a major airport nearby in case I need to zip home, because my grandmother is almost 87, dad is almost 61 and mom is almost 60 and is starting to see a declination in her health.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2086 on: August 16, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »

Why not? Just because he was a forum troll, does not mean he is a troll in real life.  He actually has stable employment in Park City, UT just east of SLC.  You cannot judge the man.

His trolling is just the latter stages.  I think he revealed enough about himself early on to show that he's too unstable to trust.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2087 on: August 16, 2012, 11:35:09 PM »

His trolling is just the latter stages.  I think he revealed enough about himself early on to show that he's too unstable to trust.

I will admit I do have a lot of trust in humanity, sometimes to my hurt, but I do trust not only jamespol, but texasindy as well.  I know at the very least they would be able to show me around the Salt Lake City Metro and make it easier to get used to.  With those two, I only have 3 friends in Northern Utah and my closest family is in Las Vegas, which is a good 5 hour drive south on I-15.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2088 on: August 17, 2012, 05:12:34 AM »

You guys remember RickRoll? I wonder what he'd have to say about all of the recent happenings, especially the Kenya stuff?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2089 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:20 AM »

Are you still going to the IHOP?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2090 on: August 17, 2012, 09:54:18 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2091 on: August 17, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

Good cause the threat to ban you for being a fat still exists, no?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2092 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2093 on: August 17, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2094 on: August 17, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink

We are super cereal. We're getting ready for the final day.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2095 on: August 17, 2012, 06:29:39 PM »

Bushie, whatever you choose to do in SLC...hope your patterns change, for your own sake. Tongue
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2096 on: August 17, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »

Bushie, whatever you choose to do in SLC...hope your patterns change, for your own sake. Tongue

Thanks, Realist!

My dad right now is not making sense.  Yesterday, he said to keep all my options open including Oklahoma.  Today, he is saying to only look in Oklahoma because he would have to pay for relocation.  As soon as Mom feels like it, I'm going to talk to her.  She has consistently said to keep my options open inside and outside of Oklahoma.  Dad even cheered when Utah was canceled last week.  Mom was genuinely disappointed.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2097 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:16 PM »

Bushie, just find an f'ing job, and work at holding it. KISS baby. You need to focus on just one thing, finding and holding a job, and showing some personal discipline.  The rest is noise. Basically you are a man of 31 who is veritably powerless, which to me seems totally emasculating. Get some power. That involves being economically independent.

But I think you kind of enjoy these posts from me and others, as in ignoring them. In that sense, I am beginning to wonder if I am contributing to your enabling.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2098 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »

As far as trusting jamespol.  The guy has grown up a lot since his trolling days. While I haven't seen him in person, I've watched him grow.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2099 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »

I'll outdrink my counterpart any day. Wink
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies