As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:50:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 311785 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: August 18, 2012, 04:37:19 AM »

While I haven't seen him in person, I've watched him grow.

Oh my.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2101 on: August 18, 2012, 09:55:05 AM »

Tell jamespol to come back to the forum. We all miss him!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2102 on: August 18, 2012, 04:08:28 PM »

That made me lol too
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2103 on: August 18, 2012, 10:25:46 PM »

If you really want to try and lose weight you should try and make it onto The Biggest Loser. They'll break you push yourself like you can't on your own.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #2104 on: August 18, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »

If you really want to try and lose weight you should try and make it onto The Biggest Loser. They'll break you push yourself like you can't on your own.

I've thought about that or possibly even Big Brother with those competitions.  However, even though I'm still 250 pounds, I'm only 40 pounds from my ultimate goal of 210.  I can easily do it in the next 6 months.  I'm not going to try to get below 200, as I want to be just a little plump, but definitely a lot lower than I am now.  I'm 40 pounds from my goal, but only 25 pounds from being satisfied.  The range i would like to be at is 200-225.  I have absolutely no desire to be slim, fit, and trim.  I just want to be a lot lighter than I am now.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2105 on: August 18, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »

I've thought about that or possibly even Big Brother with those competitions.  However, even though I'm still 250 pounds, I'm only 40 pounds from my ultimate goal of 210.  I can easily do it in the next 6 months.  I'm not going to try to get below 200, as I want to be just a little plump, but definitely a lot lower than I am now.  I'm 40 pounds from my goal, but only 25 pounds from being satisfied.  The range i would like to be at is 200-225.  I have absolutely no desire to be slim, fit, and trim.  I just want to be a lot lighter than I am now.

You have no desire to be slim and fit?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2106 on: August 18, 2012, 10:56:16 PM »

Not really.  The reason is this body is going to die whether it's slim or fat.  I want to let it live as long as possible, so I still want to lose another 35-45 pounds, but I have no desire to be obsessed about it.  I'm more concerned with the health of my soul which will live forever instead of the health of my body which is only temporary.  I'm not done losing weight, I still have the desire to lose quite a bit more, but I'm not going to fret over it.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2107 on: August 19, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

Didn't god/jesus ask us to treat our body as a temple? Why would you put crap food in it?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2108 on: August 19, 2012, 12:49:30 AM »

Big Brother?  That doesn't seem like the type of show that would be healthy for you.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2109 on: August 19, 2012, 01:06:49 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 01:08:31 AM by The Mikado »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

Good cause the threat to ban you for being a fat still exists, no?

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink

I'll outdrink my counterpart any day. Wink

...No comment.

Anyway, I am dead serious about BushOK's weight.  September 30th.  245 pounds.

And no, falling below 245 between now and then but going back over it by the target date doesn't count.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2110 on: August 19, 2012, 01:22:43 AM »

Not really.  The reason is this body is going to die whether it's slim or fat.  I want to let it live as long as possible, so I still want to lose another 35-45 pounds, but I have no desire to be obsessed about it.  I'm more concerned with the health of my soul which will live forever instead of the health of my body which is only temporary.  I'm not done losing weight, I still have the desire to lose quite a bit more, but I'm not going to fret over it.

Just because someone wants to be in good shape and fit doesn't mean they need to obsess over it.  Eating right doesn't men you can never partake it junk food and have to obsess over everything you have, it just means being smarter and after awhile basically becomes 2nd nature so you don't have to obsess over it.  Same with exercising, it doesn't men you need to spend hours and hours at the gym and fretting over missing a day.  However, getting regular exercise does keep you active and more healthy.  Also when talking about weight, obviously you need to lose quite a bit, but you shouldn't just be looking at the pounds body fat% is even more important.  
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2111 on: August 19, 2012, 01:23:26 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink

...No comment.

Anyway, I am dead serious about BushOK's weight.  September 30th.  245 pounds.

And no, falling below 245 between now and then but going back over it by the target date doesn't count.
How will you know what his weight really is?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2112 on: August 19, 2012, 10:30:02 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

...No comment.

He's a good Christian man, I don't suppose he'd blatantly lie to us.

That being said, I was thinking I'd request a picture of his scale.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2113 on: August 19, 2012, 10:43:19 AM »

I find this personally embarrassing, but I am at the point where it must be done. One pic is three years ago, the other a couple of weeks ago. All it takes is will and personal discipline, and once you get with the program, it is not hard. What we have here, is neither - just pathetic excuses. But it's Jeff's life. I find it all quite sad - and depressing really.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2114 on: August 19, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »

I preferred you when you were a swarthy Mexican day laborer, Torie.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2115 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:10 AM »
« Edited: August 19, 2012, 11:24:51 AM by opebo »

Torie was hardly 'fat' before.  

By the way, BushOK, if we may pry - whatever happened to that telephone interview with what's-his-name, the helpful forum member..
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #2116 on: August 19, 2012, 12:48:59 PM »

Torie was hardly 'fat' before.  

By the way, BushOK, if we may pry - whatever happened to that telephone interview with what's-his-name, the helpful forum member..

Opebo, you've forgotten my name already!? I'm wounded ... we've had such fun together over the years!

My conversation with Jeff was preliminary to any formal interview with my company, which would be handled through human resources first. We discussed his current situation, looked at an assessment which covered his strengths as a contributor and a leader (with the goal of making him aware of those strengths so that he can focus on them in interview situations), and did a resume critique so that he could make his look stronger. We have one position at my company that Jeff may be qualified for, and I encouraged him to apply after he'd cleaned up his resume.

He came across well over the phone (more confident in tone than I would have imagined) and honestly has some skills of which I wasn't aware. Jeff has potential ... he just needs to focus on his strengths, cut the fat in his life (literally, as well as in terms of poor advice and the following of whims) and commit to turning decent employment into a career.

I find this personally embarrassing, but I am at the point where it must be done. One pic is three years ago, the other a couple of weeks ago. All it takes is will and personal discipline, and once you get with the program, it is not hard. What we have here, is neither - just pathetic excuses. But it's Jeff's life. I find it all quite sad - and depressing really.

Torie, you look great! Nice work! I hadn't worked out ... well ... ever in my life up until about six months ago. I am close to turning 30 and though I was "healthy" -- underweight, in fact -- I knew that I could and should look and feel a lot better. In that time, I've gained 25 pounds of muscle, feel a lot better and have a pretty nice looking body. It's all possible, you've just got to commit.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2117 on: August 19, 2012, 12:59:37 PM »

Opebo, you've forgotten my name already!? I'm wounded ... we've had such fun together over the years!

My conversation with Jeff was preliminary to any formal interview with my company, which would be handled through human resources first. We discussed his current situation, looked at an assessment which covered his strengths as a contributor and a leader (with the goal of making him aware of those strengths so that he can focus on them in interview situations), and did a resume critique so that he could make his look stronger. We have one position at my company that Jeff may be qualified for, and I encouraged him to apply after he'd cleaned up his resume.

He came across well over the phone (more confident in tone than I would have imagined) and honestly has some skills of which I wasn't aware. Jeff has potential ... he just needs to focus on his strengths, cut the fat in his life (literally, as well as in terms of poor advice and the following of whims) and commit to turning decent employment into a career.

Sorry, J-Mann, it was more of a temporary lapse, now I place your name and character.  I am after all getting very old, and you have been largely absent for a long time.

I'm happy to hear the positive tone of your assessment (though your history suggests you are a rather extremely positive person), but it doesn't surprise me.  I have always surmised that BushOK is probably a competent and rather normal middle-American.  The fact that he is mis-categorized as some kind of 'pitiable case' (or even 'loser') here says a lot about our forum's misunderstanding of both the terrible nature of the economy and employment nowadays, and also those same middle Americans.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2118 on: August 19, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »

Indeed, the discussion with J-Mann went extremely well.  I came out of that discussion really enlightened and encouraged.  I did apply for that position and, hopefully, I'll hear something this week.  Manhattan, Kansas would be great since it's only 5 hours from Oklahoma City and only 90 minutes from other family in Kansas City.  I look forward to hopefully having a formal face-to-face interview pretty soon.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2119 on: August 19, 2012, 01:55:54 PM »

Indeed, the discussion with J-Mann went extremely well.  I came out of that discussion really enlightened and encouraged.  I did apply for that position and, hopefully, I'll hear something this week.  Manhattan, Kansas would be great since it's only 5 hours from Oklahoma City and only 90 minutes from other family in Kansas City.  I look forward to hopefully having a formal face-to-face interview pretty soon.

I thought you wanted to be somewhere different from OK.

EDIT: Oh, college town. Nice (I guess?)...
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2120 on: August 19, 2012, 04:12:43 PM »

...No comment.

Ummmm.......Pages 135-136 of this thread.....
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2121 on: August 19, 2012, 05:56:53 PM »

...No comment.

Ummmm.......Pages 135-136 of this thread.....

Except everything on those two pages is truth.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2122 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2012, 09:57:12 AM by Mr Undecided Bushie »

It's beginning to look like we'll be moving forward with Kansas.  One of the managers just emailed me back this morning clarifying  some of my expertise and confirming I am able and willing to relocate.  I take that as good news, because he could have just flat out said no.  We shall see.

EDIT:  I have a phone interview at 2:00 today!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2123 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »

It's beginning to look like we'll be moving forward with Kansas.  One of the managers just emailed me back this morning clarifying  some of my expertise and confirming I am able and willing to relocate.  I take that as good news, because he could have just flat out said no.  We shall see.

EDIT:  I have a phone interview at 2:00 today!

Godspeed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2124 on: August 20, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »

How tall are you, BushOK?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies