Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 08:48:45 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Bacon King, Badger)
| | |-+  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 105 Print
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 84476 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2200 on: August 27, 2012, 11:52:08 pm »
Ignore

This isn't another Katrina. It will be bad and you should take shelter, but as far as I know it isn't a category 5 and it won't wreck havoc 500 miles inland. It's silly they even cancelled the RNC for a few high waves.

I'm pretty sure Katrina was only a Category 3 when it actually made landfall.

It was; however, it's possible that Category 4 winds impacted Louisiana right before it weakened to a Category 3.  Even if this hits as a Category 1 though, you're going to see a lot of flooding in the city.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:41 am »
Ignore

Since when does Bushie have any web development skills?
Lief
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 28, 2012, 12:57:10 am »
Ignore

He probably just found a job selling vacuums in Utah.

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:11 am »
Ignore

Some number from Ogden, Utah has been calling me constantly for months. Are you sure it's a legit job?
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 28, 2012, 08:48:46 am »
Ignore

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasnít the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guessÖ, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  Iíve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and Iím taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Grumpy Old Fart
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: August 28, 2012, 10:19:51 am »
Ignore

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasnít the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guessÖ, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  Iíve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and Iím taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.

Fair enough, but since J-Mann, properly I might add, won't provide details, what happened and what did you learn?

And let's be honest, Obama could take a selfie of his junk in the bathroom mirror with his BlackBerry, have it transferred to canvas and you'd have people saying it ought to be hung in the National Gallery.

opebo
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:06 am »
Ignore

I withdrew the eggs...

Your poor, poor eggs.

The essence of democracy at its purest is a lynch mob

Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:19 am »
Ignore

I found out the number in Odgen that keeps calling me constantly was a call center advertising things. I really hope BushKE has not taken a job with them.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: August 28, 2012, 10:31:51 am »
Ignore

Fair enough, but since J-Mann, properly I might add, won't provide details, what happened and what did you learn?

I found out the number in Odgen that keeps calling me constantly was a call center advertising things. I really hope BushKE has not taken a job with them.

I am not going to disclose the details of the employment for two main reasons (1) the forum really does not need to know and (2) the forum is searchable and I don't want spying eyes from the company to see that their information and their employment of one individual is fully out in public.

I will suffice Duke's fear by saying that it is not a call center.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: August 28, 2012, 12:03:25 pm »
Ignore

Oh boy, this doesn't sound very good.

I'm actually kind of bummed about Kansas. I thought he might really have a shot at that one.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2210 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »
Ignore

So you had never heard from the Utah company until after Kansas rejected you, and the first thing you heard from Utah was that you all of a sudden had a job without talking to them before this?  Because if not, not all of your eggs were in Kansas...
Sheriff Buford TX Justice
AndrewCT
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: August 28, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »
Ignore

There are more important questions that need to be asked. Exactly how many eggs do you have, and how large is this basket you're talking about? Also, where is this basket? Can you take pictures?

My parents are pretty good about smelling a rat. 
Let me put this as clear as I can (saying this to myself, as well, so I can see it): I WILL get a job with CADD and I WILL keep the job.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: August 28, 2012, 12:25:59 pm »
Ignore

Knowing BushOK, they're probably Cadbury eggs.

(Sorry, I had to...)

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: August 28, 2012, 12:27:23 pm »
Ignore

Things have changed dramatically just over the last 5 hours. First of all, the opportunity in Kansas busted.  That wasnít the end of it, though.  I got a call from a firm in, guessÖ, Utah, Ogden, Utah.  Iíve got a job up there as a junior web developer if I want it starting Monday, September 10, 2012.  I have talked it over with my parents, and I will be on my way to Utah on Monday, September 3, 2012.  I will be staying in an extended stay hotel for probably the first two months until I get a real good feel for how I will like the job.  This is my opportunity, and Iím taking it!!  This application process started earlier in August even while Xerox was playing its game with me, but I just kept it under my hat for a while as Kansas was my first choice.

So you lied again?  You said you were putting all of your eggs in one basket (being Kansas).  Come on, man...

I did not lie.  I was putting all my eggs in the Kansas basket, then when Kansas went down, I withdrew the eggs and placed them in the Utah basket.  I was all in for Kansas should they have accepted me.

So you had never heard from the Utah company until after Kansas rejected you, and the first thing you heard from Utah was that you all of a sudden had a job without talking to them before this?  Because if not, not all of your eggs were in Kansas...

Okay, so maybe I exaggerated the all of the eggs.  This job in Utah started developing even while Xerox was still possible earlier this month, but I had kept it under my hat so as to not jump the gun with it.  I had been accepted while Kansas and Oklahoma City were both in the cooker.  When I said all eggs in Kansas basket, meant I was going to go to Kansas without hesitation.  That was my main focus, but I had Utah in my hip pocket.  I can tell you this is a large, well-known, reputable company I'm going to work for.  I won't disclose the identity, but it is large, well-known, and reputable.

Stop trying to get me on small technicalities.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:09 pm »
Ignore

When I get to Salt Lake City.  I am not going to hop into an apartment right away.  I've got a 4 week stay in an extended stay hotel  in Ogden so I can test out the job and gauge to see if I will like it or not.  After the 4 weeks (which will end October 2), if I like the job, I will extend the extended stay another 4 weeks while I look for an apartment and try to be moved in by October 30 when the next 4 weeks will be up.  If somehow the job doesn't work out, I can come back to Oklahoma on October 2 and look for a job here without having to sever an apartment lease.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2215 on: August 28, 2012, 03:41:47 pm »
Ignore

It's not a small technicality.  Putting all of your eggs in one basket, just to have that basket fall to the ground means you don't have any eggs left.  Putting most of your eggs in one basket means you still have eggs left.  It's not a technicality - it's a huge difference.  Time after time you've been dishonest with the forum, and your story never stays the same.

All of a sudden your sure-fire plan falls through and WHAMO! there's a sudden back-up plan.  But we can't know what the company is?  For someone who compulsively shares details of his life with the forum, that seems strange.  So why all of a sudden is there secrecy with this company and none of the previous ones?  Is this another Rainbow incident?
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: August 28, 2012, 03:54:52 pm »
Ignore

It's not a small technicality.  Putting all of your eggs in one basket, just to have that basket fall to the ground means you don't have any eggs left.  Putting most of your eggs in one basket means you still have eggs left.  It's not a technicality - it's a huge difference.  Time after time you've been dishonest with the forum, and your story never stays the same.

All of a sudden your sure-fire plan falls through and WHAMO! there's a sudden back-up plan.  But we can't know what the company is?  For someone who compulsively shares details of his life with the forum, that seems strange.  So why all of a sudden is there secrecy with this company and none of the previous ones?  Is this another Rainbow incident?

Alright, fine, I'll disclose the name of the company - Aetna Insurance.  Jr. Web Developer for Aetna Insurance located in Layton, Utah which is 12 miles south of downtown Ogden.  This position has been developing since Xerox was still in play back in early August.  It has slowly materialized and I was actually accepted a week ago, but I just kept it under my hat because I really wanted to go to Kansas.  Since I am not going to Kansas, I am going to Utah, instead.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: August 28, 2012, 08:03:08 pm »
Ignore

I've now got a game plan for the next 5 days.  I've got a few places to call and places to go each of the next 3 business days.  I'm in the process of doing my laundry so I can start packing on Thursday.  I'm going to load the car on Friday and then leave Oklahoma at 4:00 am on Monday, September 3, 2012 - Labor Day.

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2218 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:23 am »
Ignore

Is this a job with an actual Aetna office in Layton?
black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: August 29, 2012, 12:30:34 am »
Ignore

Is this a job with an actual Aetna office in Layton?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Aetna&ll=41.019283,-111.934204&spn=1.104496,2.705383&sll=41.060222,-111.971053&sspn=0.137979,0.338173&near=Layton,+UT&geocode=CZmH28LT8_SNFX6HcgIdE3VT-Sn5MAfZ1v1ShzEYnBsAfrCxjA&gl=us&hq=Aetna&t=m&z=9&iwloc=A

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: August 29, 2012, 12:31:49 am »
Ignore

The plot... thickens
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 29, 2012, 12:36:46 am »
Ignore

When does it ever thin?

It's still rather frustrating when you consider how many people with far better work histories than Jeff have to spend months or years unemployed before they finally get an offer.

Life is not fair.
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 29, 2012, 12:43:26 am »
Ignore

I stand corrected, it is Salt Lake City, actually Option A on the map.  I don't know why I said Layton, I must have been thinking of another possibility, not Aetna.  Aetna is indeed Option A on the map and another possibility I have is in Layton.  Since Aetna is a sure job, I don't have to worry about the possibility.

Bacon King
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 29, 2012, 12:53:28 am »

Alright, fine, I'll disclose the name of the company - Aetna Insurance.  Jr. Web Developer for Aetna Insurance located in Layton, Utah which is 12 miles south of downtown Ogden.  This position has been developing since Xerox was still in play back in early August.  It has slowly materialized and I was actually accepted a week ago, but I just kept it under my hat because I really wanted to go to Kansas.  Since I am not going to Kansas, I am going to Utah, instead.

Either you're lying to us or someone is lying to you.

Here's why!

• The three Aetna Insurance offices in Utah are located in Salt Lake City, Sandy, and Taylorsville. None of these are very close to Ogden or Layton.
  • Looking at the Aetna website, jobs with the prefix "junior" seem to be exclusively for college interns.
  • There is no "junior" position that exists in their web team.
  • Aetna doesn't call the position "Web Developer", they call it "Web Engineer."
  • None of Aetna's three Utah offices are currently hiring Web Engineers, or any other jobs in the IT field for that matter, besides a few random non-web IT jobs in SLC.
  • Oh, actually, the entire Web Engineer team is based solely out of their national headquarters in Connecticut, so there's literally no reason for them to ever be offered in Utah or anywhere else.

You will be interviewing for a non-existent job in a non-existent office, and if the job were to exist it would effectively be a minimum wage internship, and instead of being at the non-existent office near Ogden it would actually be in Hartford, Connecticut, on the other side of the country.

edit- it appears i've been ninja'd by others doing their own research, but i think most of this is still valid.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:56:40 am by Bacon King »Logged

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:22 am »
Ignore

Either you're lying to us or someone is lying to you.

Here's why!

• The three Aetna Insurance offices in Utah are located in Salt Lake City, Sandy, and Taylorsville. None of these are very close to Ogden or Layton.
  • Looking at the Aetna website, jobs with the prefix "junior" seem to be exclusively for college interns.
  • There is no "junior" position that exists in their web team.
  • Aetna doesn't call the position "Web Developer", they call it "Web Engineer."
  • None of Aetna's three Utah offices are currently hiring Web Engineers, or any other jobs in the IT field for that matter, besides a few random non-web IT jobs in SLC.
  • Oh, actually, the entire Web Engineer team is based solely out of their national headquarters in Connecticut, so there's literally no reason for them to ever be offered in Utah or anywhere else.

You will be interviewing for a non-existent job in a non-existent office, and if the job were to exist it would effectively be a minimum wage internship, and instead of being at the non-existent office near Ogden it would actually be in Hartford, Connecticut, on the other side of the country.

I know what I know and that's all I will say.  I will see when I get to Utah.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 ... 105 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout