As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:27:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 105
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 313662 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2300 on: August 30, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »

Not for another 6 months at least.  Just in case Aetna falls through for some reason and I have to come back home, I'll have a place to live.  I should be well established by the Spring, so there won't be any need in keeping it beyond that.  It's not that I'm doubting anything, it's the vivid memory of the Kansas City and Dallas debacle in 2007 and 2008.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2301 on: August 30, 2012, 04:17:11 PM »

You should definitely list it. Like I said, you'll never break away unless you're all in. Otherwise you will keep looking back at that safety net and know that if you screw up, you can go to a house that your parents pay for and have no worries.

In a way, we can never truly succeed until our backs are against the wall and we have to fight to survive. Only then will you find success. Until then you will keep spinning your wheels and slacking off because you know your parents will foot the bill for you when you fail. You aren't hungry. Success doesn't mean much to you because you don't have to succee to live.

But that's just my opinion. This whole keeping the house in case you fail is not a good thing because ultimately you will fail. You're planning on it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2302 on: August 30, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »

That's a very good point, Duke.  I'll definitely be considering it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2303 on: August 30, 2012, 05:29:04 PM »

From an economics standpoint, you might not sell it in 6 months anyway given the market, and if the job does work out in Utah, you don't want your parents paying for that house for upwards of a year.

My grandfather owns 7 houses right now, and many of them he wants to sell but can't because of the market. He pays about $80,000 a year on upkeep/taxes and the like. I don't know what your parents will pay, but an idle house has lots of problems, so please consider at least listing the house and see what happens. Don't ask your parents to pay for it while you are gone.

If you truly want to leave Oklahoma and feel it is the best route, go for it. Something WILL work out eventually. What you need, and really I need, is stability in life. You're much older so the need is much higher, but you get my point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2304 on: August 30, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »

From an economics standpoint, you might not sell it in 6 months anyway given the market, and if the job does work out in Utah, you don't want your parents paying for that house for upwards of a year.

My grandfather owns 7 houses right now, and many of them he wants to sell but can't because of the market. He pays about $80,000 a year on upkeep/taxes and the like. I don't know what your parents will pay, but an idle house has lots of problems, so please consider at least listing the house and see what happens. Don't ask your parents to pay for it while you are gone.

If you truly want to leave Oklahoma and feel it is the best route, go for it. Something WILL work out eventually. What you need, and really I need, is stability in life. You're much older so the need is much higher, but you get my point.

If it were up to me, I'd put it on the market now.  It's mainly for my parents sake.  My mother is overly worried about me (acting like a mother) and want me to have some safety net.  They will pay the mortgage, but they want me to have a safety net.  I could care less, honestly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2305 on: August 30, 2012, 05:42:05 PM »

Bushie, I just want to know WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Not only you're wasting your life and every possibilities, but also you're dedicating hours to write a damn story, in f**king Microsoft word, to tell us about your repeated failures.

Don't you have ANYTHING BETTER to do with your life? Can't you LEARN from your own story? You're doing this all over again.

What do you want from us? Sympathy? Support? Well, I have no damn sympathy for you until you start to THINK.

Grow up.

Moderators, please lock this. Bushie should get his life in order, not distracted by posting there.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2306 on: August 30, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »

If it were up to me, I'd put it on the market now.  It's mainly for my parents sake.  My mother is overly worried about me (acting like a mother) and want me to have some safety net.  They will pay the mortgage, but they want me to have a safety net.  I could care less, honestly.

You have to learn that living for your parents happiness means you will always be unhappy. They have to let go sometime. You're almost 31, right? I mean, good grief. My mother is awful about letting go. I am 23 and she thinks I am still 16, but thats her, I learned to ignore it and move on with my life as an adult. If it is your house, tell them you want to list it to see what becomes of it, got to Utah like you have nothing left in OK except for your parents and build your life there.

Come on, man. You're 31. You need a stable job, a lady who might marry you, and a good outlook on life. You need to independent from your parents, otherwise you'll just be serving them until they die, and when they do, you will be all alone, and I don't want that and I am sure no one else on this forum does either.

I might be hard on you, but I do truly care about your success, because you are a good man deep down and deserve a break. I hope some of the advice I have given is sound and you take it to heard. I will keep rooting and following your story, and I do hope it has a happy ending. Life is never easy regardless, but we make of it what we can.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2307 on: August 30, 2012, 05:52:40 PM »

You have to learn that living for your parents happiness means you will always be unhappy. They have to let go sometime. You're almost 31, right? I mean, good grief. My mother is awful about letting go. I am 23 and she thinks I am still 16, but thats her, I learned to ignore it and move on with my life as an adult. If it is your house, tell them you want to list it to see what becomes of it, got to Utah like you have nothing left in OK except for your parents and build your life there.

Come on, man. You're 31. You need a stable job, a lady who might marry you, and a good outlook on life. You need to independent from your parents, otherwise you'll just be serving them until they die, and when they do, you will be all alone, and I don't want that and I am sure no one else on this forum does either.

I might be hard on you, but I do truly care about your success, because you are a good man deep down and deserve a break. I hope some of the advice I have given is sound and you take it to heard. I will keep rooting and following your story, and I do hope it has a happy ending. Life is never easy regardless, but we make of it what we can.

You have been hard on me?  Since when?  I do agree with you that I need to be independent.  I will be 31 in 8 months.  I'm definitely taking everything into consideration.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2308 on: August 30, 2012, 05:55:44 PM »

Maybe I am a softy, I don't know. Tongue

But it does take guts to break away from overbearing parents. I do identify with you because my parents are the same way. I am the oldest child and the thought of me growing up and moving away is tough on them. So I know how they can guilt you into things. But be strong, do what you know you should for YOUR life and not theirs. They will be fine. All parents are in the end.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2309 on: August 30, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »

Duke, he already knows the Utah job is bogus. There are darker forces at work here.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2310 on: August 30, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »

Duke, he already knows the Utah job is bogus. There are darker forces at work here.

I've got proof that it's real sitting in my email - a real offer letter.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2311 on: August 30, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

Why is your mother paying your mortgage?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2312 on: August 30, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »

I've got proof that it's real sitting in my email - a real offer letter.

Can we see a screenshot of this e-mail?  Feel free to redact anything confidential.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2313 on: August 30, 2012, 08:17:11 PM »

August 13, 2012

Jeffrey Brown
Xxxxxxxxx
Xxxxxxxxxxxx, xx, xxxxx

Dear Jeffrey:
Congratulations and welcome to the Aetna Team! Aetna, Inc is pleased to inform you that you have been offered a position of Web Developer. Your tentative start date will be Monday, September 10, 2012, located in our Sandy, Utah location.
Your starting compensation for this non-exempt position will be an hourly rate of $17.30/hr, ($36,000 annually) which will be paid to you bi-weekly. You will be eligible for overtime compensation as well as a shift differential when working the night shift. Your specific responsibilities and duties, which
may be changed by the company, will be provided to you by your manager. You will be eligible
for the Aetna benefits program based on your state of residence.
You will be eligible for an annual Incentive Bonus Percentage (IBP) on terms that may vary,
depending upon the company’s financial results and attainment of strategic corporate initiatives.
The terms of the bonus plan are subject to annual re-evaluation and modification by Aetna’s Board
of Directors.
You will become eligible for the employee benefits offered by Aetna, Inc after you meet the
applicable participation and enrollment conditions. These benefits include paid time off, medical,
vision, and dental insurance, group life and short term and long-term disability insurance, flexible
spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan with company matching
contributions. You will become eligible to participate in most benefit programs, including
medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance, on your start date. During the integration
process it will take approximately 30 days after your start date, for you to receive an email
from the Aetna, Inc benefits team regarding benefits enrollment. You will have 30 days from the
time of the email to enroll in benefits. You will be eligible for leave (vacation and personal
business allowance) hours after 30 days of continuous service. Your leave bank will be prorated
based on your hire date.
Details regarding enrollment will be reviewed during your orientation.

Regards,            
                     Talent Acquisition
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2314 on: August 30, 2012, 08:43:54 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2012, 08:45:43 PM by Bacon King »

What a tweest!

Seems legit, especially given the speed you posted that, but still doesn't explain why you'll be staying so damn far from the office. Or why you originally said it was in two other places when the email clearly states the city the office is in.

While Aetna does their own web stuff thru their Connecticut office, perhaps this is for something like making fancy websites for Aetna policy doctors in Utah.

Did you ever get back to them or have you just been planning to show up and hope the job is still waiting for you somehow? Have you actually spoken with anyone on the phone?   
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2315 on: August 30, 2012, 08:51:41 PM »

What a tweest!

Seems legit, especially given the speed you posted that, but still doesn't explain why you'll be staying so damn far from the office. Or why you originally said it was in two other places when the email clearly states the city the office is in.

While Aetna does their own web stuff thru their Connecticut office, perhaps this is for something like making fancy websites for Aetna policy doctors in Utah.

Did you ever get back to them or have you just been planning to show up and hope the job is still waiting for you somehow? Have you actually spoken with anyone on the phone?   

I chose the extended stay motel before I realized where it was at, oh well - it's called the Frontrunner light rail transportation.

I have officially accepted the job (did that this past Tuesday) and, yes, I have spoken with the hiring manager over the phone.  I'm going up there knowing what I've got.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2316 on: August 30, 2012, 10:24:11 PM »

It is approaching 11:00 pm in Oklahoma, 10:00 pm in Utah.  I’m going to pack the second suitcase here in a little bit before the night ends.  Tomorrow, I don’t have a whole lot to do in the morning except for a couple phone calls and a quick trip to the post office.  At 1:30, I will head to my mother’s and take her to the Newalla Tag Agency and officially put her car in my name and talk over the weekend strategy.  I’ll come home after dinner and load the car tomorrow evening with things I want to take.  Saturday, my house Internet will be turned off in the morning after I take my modem to Cox.  My Aunt Susan will come get my cat and take him to her house around 2:00.  I will then head to my cousin Sherry’s for a breakfast dinner at 5:00 before heading to Mom and Dad’s to spend the night.  Sunday, I will be going to my final worship service at Woods Baptist Church, the church I have been at since I was 4 years old in September 1986 – 26 years ago.  Then, after Worship, one final family dinner with my Grandmother and Parents’ before relaxing in the afternoon and getting to bed by 7:30-8:00 pm.  I’ll wake up at 2:45 am Monday and be on the road by 4:15 am.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2317 on: August 31, 2012, 12:18:16 AM »

I would hope that that is the case.  Either that or my take that he is Keyser Soze, mastermind extraordinaire.  We all think he is the hapless Verbal Kint but it is he that is laughing at us poor fools.

Then shouldn't we, the viewers, be aware of this already? Even if everything we see seems to point the other way; for this entire thing would all be about the experience of reading an internet forum.

That is actually the good part of this thread for me.  I can't take any joy in the rather mundane misfortunes of this fellow. He needs help and guidance that this forum cannot provide- absolutely nothing wrong there either... What I do find interesting is how the thread kinda holds up the proverbial mirror.  The reactions, advice etc are telling and quite indicative of where the viewer is at the moment. For instance, here I am giving Bushie advice on weight like I'm some sort of fitness guru or something. While I have managed to just lose a tremendous amount of weight, I'm probably replying to threads mostly to reinforce myself, and with some well-intentioned advice to a stranger (Bushie) sprinkled in.  Maybe that makes some sense, maybe I'm just full of hot air...

It's true. Bushie's inability to cook even the simplest foods has really inspired my own cookery.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2318 on: August 31, 2012, 08:00:57 AM »

L-O-L
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2319 on: August 31, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

64 hours, kids - 2 2/3 days until I am out of Oklahoma!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2320 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »

When are you meeting up with jamespol and texaswhackjob?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2321 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:31 PM »

When are you meeting up with jamespol and texaswhackjob?

jamespol probably Thursday or Friday for lunch.  Texasindy, don't know, yet.

A side note:

Due to moving and the lack of Internet, I will be posting very little from about 12:30 tomorrow morning until after 5:00 pm MDT Tuesday.  I will pop in a little Saturday night and a little Monday night, but probably won't post at all on Sunday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2322 on: August 31, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »

Well, I’ve got the car mostly loaded.  I’ve got a couple more boxes to fit in somewhere and then my atlas and electronics.  I am under 24 hours left in my house.  I’ll be over at Mom and Dad’s from 6:30 pm tomorrow until I leave at 4:00 am Monday.  57 hours at 7:00 pm!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2323 on: September 01, 2012, 12:03:53 AM »

Happy September to All!!  Since today is now Saturday, I now leave the DAY AFTER TOMORROW!!

Just a fair warning, my posting will be less for the next 96 hours.  I will still post, just not as much.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2324 on: September 01, 2012, 03:23:34 PM »

My cat is gone...  Sad   It was hard letting him go.  I will be out of the house in 45 minutes and will be leaving Oklahoma in just a day and a half.  After I get settled in Utah and get an apartment, which should be early to mid November, I will try to get a pet-friendly apartment and come back around Christmas and get him.  The move may be hard on him, but he needs his daddy and his daddy needs him!!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 97 98 ... 105  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies