As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 315117 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: November 19, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »

Nothing wrong with wanting to see the world. I do too, and I'm not a good enough person to do charity work on my travels. However, you REALLY need to do some homework before even signing up to go to Africa. A good place to begin is wikitravel.org They aren't nearly as professional as wikipedia, but they are geared toward travellers and have some good info. At the very least please, please, please read their article on kenya before comitting to going. Please don't be offended, but you tend to make decisions before weighing all the facts. Know what you're getting into before you sign up. And find out from the mission people where you'll be staying, if there will be a toilet, what will you eat, etc. And make sure your employer is cool with it too. We don't need another job search thread. And one last thing, try not to use the phrase "third-world." It's old fashioned and rubs people the wrong way. By very low African standards, Kenya isn't even that poor a country.

I checked Wikitravel on Africa, and I didn't see very many warnings or caution signs on Kenya, other than the high HIV/AIDS population, which I already knew.

What about Somali kidnappers?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

Nothing wrong with wanting to see the world. I do too, and I'm not a good enough person to do charity work on my travels. However, you REALLY need to do some homework before even signing up to go to Africa. A good place to begin is wikitravel.org They aren't nearly as professional as wikipedia, but they are geared toward travellers and have some good info. At the very least please, please, please read their article on kenya before comitting to going. Please don't be offended, but you tend to make decisions before weighing all the facts. Know what you're getting into before you sign up. And find out from the mission people where you'll be staying, if there will be a toilet, what will you eat, etc. And make sure your employer is cool with it too. We don't need another job search thread. And one last thing, try not to use the phrase "third-world." It's old fashioned and rubs people the wrong way. By very low African standards, Kenya isn't even that poor a country.

I checked Wikitravel on Africa, and I didn't see very many warnings or caution signs on Kenya, other than the high HIV/AIDS population, which I already knew.

What about Somali kidnappers?

I'm sure they'll keep us far enough away from the Somali border to keep us safe.

And the people who've been kidnapped before *didn't* think they were far enough from the border to be safe?

Obviously, you should be armed at all times just to be safe.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »

Will Bushie give us updates while in Kenya?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:26:21 PM »

Someone should do running commentary of what they imagine Bushie is doing on each day of his trip.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:15:25 AM »

What is Bushie doing now?  Looking for Obama's birth certificate?  Reenacting some scenes from "The Book of Mormon" (the musical)?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 04:05:49 AM »

Nah, I'm going to imagine that Bushie is looking for Obama's birth certificate.  Or at least meeting up with Joe Republic, as described here:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=127584.msg3225917#msg3225917
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »

Or... perhaps someone should try and communicate with him posing as this 'God' fellow.  He seems to actually listen to him (though I'm at a loss to know how).

Would God have an R-Israel avatar?  Or is God American?

Also, will there be a Kony 2012 / BushOK crossover episode this year?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 05:42:02 PM »

But you still haven’t told me about your past…have you had inclinations in the past that God was directing you to do something.  If so, list the situations along with the outcome of those situations.

Or am I going to have to ask readers of the Update?

Two years ago, he quit his job at Oklahoma Natural Gas to take up a job that was a scam, and (at least initially) didn't believe anyone here who explained to him that it was a scam because "sometimes you just have to step out in faith":

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=120859.msg2587638#msg2587638

The recurring theme of Update is that Bushie constantly makes impulsive decisions without weighing the evidence because he figures that God's looking out for him, so he can't go wrong.  This has reached such a level of self-parody that many of us believe that at least some of this stuff is made up.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 07:25:32 AM »

"I'm starting to slowly turn into an African."

Didn't you use very similar language when you were first dating your last fiancee, "I can feel myself slowly starting to fall in love with her?" (or language similar to that), after you'd known her for like a month and wanted to plan your wedding proposal?  Sounds an awful lot like talking yourself into believing that you love something when you really don't know enough about it yet.  (Assuming any of this is real.)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »

Why have we not seen pictures of our dear friend on his trip?

This show doesn't have the budget to film on location.  But if the ratings increase, then they might be able to afford to make a Kenya flashback episode.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 11:29:12 AM »

BushOK is "trimming" his friends on Facebook. This might be a Kenyan custom but it hasn't been confirmed. Anyway, I survived the first round. My hopes are with the rest of you that you may survive.

Lucky you, I didn't make it. I guess he didn't like people telling him other than what he wants to hear. I'm heart broken Sad Why has my god forsaken me.

Just because you or anyone didn't make the cut, doesn't mean I don't count you as friends, because I do.  I just need feedback that is founded on the Word of God and bathed in prayer and wisdom.

Then why are you still posting in this thread?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

BushOK's Facebook profile is just like the rapture!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 12:09:38 PM »

I will still have my passions for politics, sports, and weather, but they will include Kenya politics, sports, and weather as well as American.

Which Kenyan sports are you a fan of?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »

I will still have my passions for politics, sports, and weather, but they will include Kenya politics, sports, and weather as well as American.

Which Kenyan sports are you a fan of?

I'll probably get into real football (soccer) which I saw on the TV in Nairobi.

You'll need to work on pretending that you care about soccer.  With some fake sports fandom and a simple birth certificate forgery, we might be able to pass you off as a native Kenyan.  Which means that, some day, you might break the color barrier, and be elected Kenya's first white president.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:07 PM »

God gave me that career for a reason and it is so I can support my African children comfortably until such a time as I can get down there and bring them home to live with me.

So your expectation is that once you move there, these kids will move in with you, and you'll be one big happy family?  Don't you have to legally adopt them first?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »

how come no one has told bushie that he doesnt have african children?

Because making up stories about imaginary black children is a hoot.  Just ask Karl Rove, circa February 2000.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2012, 06:43:31 AM by Mr. Morden »

How old are these kids again?  And do they even know that you're going to try to legally adopt them?  And what does the grandmother think of that?

EDIT: Also, *why* do you want to adopt them?  Can you give a one sentence to one paragraph explanation for why you want to adopt kids (while single), and why these kids in particular?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 09:00:12 PM »

So the coordinator says you can call them your children because you're sponsoring them, but you haven't actually told them that you plan to legally adopt them?  The grandmother is obviously thankful that you're sending them money, but has no idea that you intend to move to Kenya and try to get the kids to move in with you?

Have you talked to a single person who's adopted kids before to ask about their experience, and whether they think this is a good idea or not?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »

I respect her authority over mine, but at the same time, I am providing their financial support so I am their father.

That is not how it works.

How much time have you actually spent with these kids by the way?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »

And from this cursory info, it looks like Kenya does not allow single men to adopt.

I'm sure Bushie will ask "his president" to change this discriminatory law.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »

Bushie have you discussed your calling with your parents yet?  If not, you don't have to say why not, cause we all know the answer to that.

No, I haven't discussed it with my parents, yet, because I want to make sure I have a lot more pieces of the puzzle in place such as possible employment and housing arrangements, etc. before I approach them.  In doing so, like I said I am talking to the Maisha Coordinator on Wednesday, 2 May at her office in Downtown Oklahoma City to discuss this in greater depth.  Plus, the time is not right to tell my parents.  I want to wait until I get further removed from the March 2012 trip before I tell them.  I will probably wait until after the meetings have begun for March 2013 trip which should happen this October.  Sometime around the Holidays this year, I will tell them.

So you're going to hide a major life decision from them for six months?  May I ask why?

Whatever happened to "honor thy father and thy mother"?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »

Having your parents on Facebook in the first place is weird and unwise, but then so are you I suppose.

I'm FB friends with my Mom, and know several other people who are FB friends with their parents.  Never thought it was a big deal.  But then, I guess it depends on how much you use FB and what you use it for.  I'm over 30, and have a relatively boring life, so there's nothing I would want to put on FB that I mind if my mother sees.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 12:45:24 AM »

The Apple never falls far from the tree.

Yes, in 2030, Bushie's Kenyan kids will be selling him Kenyaplan health insurance, and hatching plans to leave for a missionary trip to climate change-ravaged Bangladesh.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 07:17:13 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 07:20:05 AM by Mr. Morden »

So what if you don't end up going?  If you heard God physically tell you to go, and the direction of what you think he wants you to do, how will you justify it?

He'll say that God's instruction to move to Kenya was metaphorical or something.  Either that, or he couldn't quite make out what God was saying because of the accent.

No offense Bushie, but given how many of your previous schemes fell apart, and how quickly you moved on, I'm estimating a <5% chance that a move to Kenya will ever happen.  And I predict that by the time it becomes obvious that the move isn't going to happen, you'll have largely lost interest in it anyway, and won't really care.  Just like you moved on from your last broken engagement without it seeming to phase you much.

In six months, I'm guessing that there'll be some new Update storyline that has nothing to do with Kenya.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »

1. I still can't get over the fact that this guy's username is actually BushKenya. Love it.
2. If he actually ends up living in Kenya, I will literally eat a hat.

Psh, Bushie has promised on many occasions to "eat crow" if something went wrong. It always did, and yet, he never posted pictures OR video of him eating said crow.

Actually he ever posted pictures of his Kenyan trip that included him in it on his FB....ever.  Hmmmm.

Bushie's not about to start providing evidence that the stories he tells are true.  That would just diminish the importance of your faith.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 03:55:32 AM »

Jeff, you never addressed my question: If you don't go to Kenya, does that mean God changed his mind?

No, it would mean I read it wrong.  I don't forsee that happening, though.

Yeah.  It's not like it's ever happened before.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies