As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:41:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 314896 times)
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« on: November 17, 2011, 03:34:36 PM »

This is where M. Night got The Village all wrong...too small in scope...he could have just done a movie on Oklahoma.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 12:44:30 AM »

Ah, good. That's something. You also know that, for the most part, they don't actually have air conditioning?

What about fast food restaurants?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 03:29:20 PM »

Can someone shutdown National Lampoon's Kenyan Vacation before it turns into another update?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 10:02:45 PM »

Then, in early January, I'm going to start gathering things together that I might need to take and purchase what I need to purchase.

Will this interfere with Easter decorating?

The better question is whether this will interfere with his taking down his Christmas displays.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 09:43:09 PM »

Obligatory:

http://darthno.ytmnd.com/
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 12:27:12 PM »

It would have been at least 12 1/2 pounds this morning, but I had an Oreo Cookie and Milk snack last night.

What I'm doing, though, to lose weight is when I get a hamburger, I'm leaving off the cheese, leaving off the fries, and either get a Diet Dr. Pepper or return home and get a Coke Zero.  I've switched primarily to Coke Zero since it has no calories.  I have maybe one regular Coke or Dr. Pepper every 3 or 4 days.

Dude, skipping the cheese isn't really going to make a ton of difference when you're still having a hamburger.  Stop eating burgers generally, and IF you're going to indulge/reward yourself...go all out.  But don't justify eating bad food because you've made it slightly less bad.

Start cooking for yourself.  

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 12:57:53 PM »

A hamburger without the cheese and the fries just turns into a glorified sandwich.

I don't eat those as much as I did and I do have dinner at home most nights. I maybe get a hamburger such as that every three or four days.

Man, a hamburger every 3 or 4 days is still too often.  Switch to a chicken sandwich, grilled, not fried if your job dictates that you have to get take out.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

Either Africa or Oklahoma, in that case, works.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 12:33:21 AM »

Tell us truthfully why you haven't talked to your parents yet?

Right after he finds his stapler.

"...but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire..."

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »

Do you really have the financial means and parental expertise to be the adoptive parent to two children?  Perhaps you should talk to a counselor before you start trying to go down this road.

You honestly think he'll give this or any other intelligent consideration any thought whatsoever?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 12:44:43 AM »

Do you really have the financial means and parental expertise to be the adoptive parent to two children?  Perhaps you should talk to a counselor before you start trying to go down this road.

You honestly think he'll give this or any other intelligent consideration any thought whatsoever?

If he truly cares about the children, I think he'll talk this over to a professional counselor to get their opinion of whether he should be adopting 2 children.

You're giving him way too much credit.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »

Jeff, I would encourage you to talk to a psychologist/psychiatrist (I always forget which one is which) and see if he/she thinks this is a wise decision.

I've been talking to several pastors, which are by definition, counselors.

What are their qualifications? What is their educational background? How does one become a pastor in your church?  You have failed to lay any foundation for stating that they are counselors or at least that their advice should be taken as seriously as ours.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 03:24:20 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2012, 03:26:41 PM by bullmoose88 »

Going? To use any language implying that the poster in question has only recently gone off the deep end or just suddenly become stupid is mind boggling.

I can't think of the terms I would like to use for this person but any term I would use normally would be an affront to all those people I usually deem fit for those adjectives.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 05:50:01 PM »

It will be a change. However, I don't think BushKE is really internalizing this. He could DIE early. It isn't just a change you can adapt to. It's a major major change many can't. I know he said he'd die for these kids, but it begs the question, could this be a form of suicide?

Plus, God is not going to send me to Kenya just to let me die.  He loves me too much for that and He has a purpose for sending me there.  I have faith that God will protect my health so I can be an effective servant for Him in Africa.  I will definitely be putting my life in God's hands, but He is more capable of protecting it than I am, quite frankly.  Putting my life into the hands that created it and the hands that own it is not a bad idea.

Peter...crucified upside down
Paul...beheaded.
Among others.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 02:35:54 PM »

So let me get this straight...

What Bushie wants is what God wants. In other words whatever impulsive desire of the week or month can be justified if "God wills it."

Yet what more reasonable people would do in his shoes...no weight whatsoever.

Give up folks.  It's impossible to protect stupid people, being generous, from themselves.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »

am i the only one getting the feeling that bushie is screwing up on this job?

i definitely not trying to be mean...but bushie you seem to be sick a lot.

Not the only one.  I'm surprised they haven't pink slipped him already.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 01:14:31 PM »

am i the only one getting the feeling that bushie is screwing up on this job?

i definitely not trying to be mean...but bushie you seem to be sick a lot.

Not the only one.  I'm surprised they haven't pink slipped him already.

It's because they can get around a year out of him. Since he is now a "employee" of Dell, they can have him work for about 6 months, than fire him and not have to pay unemployment, and start the process all over again.

But what are they really getting out of him?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 06:08:21 AM »

Leaving aside the other comedic gold you just dumped there, the fact you, and your team plan on doing something other than use the three gray cells between you first is mind boggling.

You're using "God" as a crutch to shield you from dealing with any criticism over the sheer stupidity of your plans. No matter how dumb or impulsive or short sighted the idea if you convince yourself the Almighty has commanded you, you can get the people in your life to back off.

But perhaps the Almighty is speaking to you through us, a group of people with IQs over 75 and degrees from institutions that don't use ordinal directions in their names.

Consider that. Nevertheless we can't, nor should we, protect you from YOURSELF.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »

But perhaps the Almighty is speaking to you through us, a group of people with IQs over 75 and degrees from institutions that don't use ordinal directions in their names.

As a potential student of Northwestern University I am deeply offended.

Neh, don't be.  Northwestern isn't in the northwest, so bm has it right Smiley   

I should have been more precise. Mea culpa. Gramps knows what I'm getting at and it's clearly not a criticism against those respected schools.

So I should be offended if I was going to Northeastern?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »

The Apple never falls far from the tree.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »

Here is a photo of me with my son and a couple other kids and another team member.

I hope you weren't out of saltpeter when they took that pic.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2012, 10:54:07 PM »

He is the Author of Scripture and Scripture is 100% accurate.

Says who? 

(Dear Others, I am not intending to kick up a theological debate...without revealing my hand too much, I hope its apparent to all those here with grey cells in the plural what I'm trying to find out).

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »

I never thought I'd say this, but this thread has improved significantly since jmfcst started posting in it.

While I don't endorse the implications of the first clause, I certainly agree with the second.

bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

The trivial is planned months in advance, the major decisions of one's life are done impulsively on the spur of the moment.

Spot on and a nice succinct summary of the thread(s).  Our friend Bushie tries to couch his leaps with a sense of order and planning but usually he just becomes impatient and plunges.

Because God said his impatient and irrational whims are His will.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies