As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:34:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 314937 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »

Of course it hasn't. But on a serious note, you wouldn't just drive to the doctors office in Kenya to figure out what was wrong with you. There are a lot of things you're taking for granted now.

Well, if he got a high paying job at Dell (relative to the rest of Kenya) over in Nairobi or something, I doubt it will be a problem. I don't get why people think everyone in Africa and other third world nations are suffering. Money cures a lot of problems......Now if he was planning on living in Kisumu or whatever with no high paying job....that would end badly.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 06:14:03 PM »

Did you stick strictly to bottled water there? And not eat uncooked fruits and vegetables that may have been washed by tap water? It's the water that will get you every time. When I go to India, I eat almost everything, including street food if it's cooked well and doesn't have dairy. But I'm a huge stickler about the water. I probably look like a douche carrying a water bottle around with me all the time (more cost effective to just boil water at home, a luxury you may not have in Kenya) but I don't care.

Anyways, I hope it's not Hep A and just a parasite.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 06:32:44 PM »

Did you stick strictly to bottled water there? And not eat uncooked fruits and vegetables that may have been washed by tap water? It's the water that will get you every time. When I go to India, I eat almost everything, including street food if it's cooked well and doesn't have dairy. But I'm a huge stickler about the water. I probably look like a douche carrying a water bottle around with me all the time (more cost effective to just boil water at home, a luxury you may not have in Kenya) but I don't care.

Anyways, I hope it's not Hep A and just a parasite.

The only tap water I came into contact was to take a shower.  That alone is enough to transmit a parasite as it can get into your skin.

Well, that would be odd. Though I suppose it's possible, the more likely route would have been through uncooked vegetables like in a salad perhaps?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

Yes, better to wait for the results.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:17:12 AM »

how do you interpret God's decision to make you physically ill as regards the prospect of moving to Kenya in 2013?

First off, I'm not moving until 2015, but it hasn't phased my thought process at all.

But really, you should interpret it as a sign from god that you should not move to Kenya. God is trying to tell you something Bushie.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »

how do you interpret God's decision to make you physically ill as regards the prospect of moving to Kenya in 2013?

First off, I'm not moving until 2015, but it hasn't phased my thought process at all.

But really, you should interpret it as a sign from god that you should not move to Kenya. God is trying to tell you something Bushie.

He is trying to tell me something, and that is I have to be totally dependent on Him and to completely trust Him in everything.

Yes, and you should trust her when she is trying to show you what could happen to you on a regular basis if you live in Kenya. That is one of the hardships you could face. Even if you get a good job there, the pay will be nothing like what you get here in America. You may be able to access basic needs, including healthcare, but things that are sold on a world market like cars could become out of your reach. And things that make our life more comfortable here in America like dishwashers may not be so common in Kenya. I think you are doing a great deed by helping those kids in Kenya and god wants you to continue doing that. But it is obvious you can do more good by staying in Oklahoma and sending money, perhaps even more than you are sending now, than by moving to Kenya. Again, there with your lower salary and after satisfying your needs, you may not have enough left over to send to these charities. God doesn't want you to move Bushie.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »

Bushie, can you at least promise us you won't move to Kenya unless you have a well paying job? That's what your pastor and youth and music minister were trying to tell you. Without a good paying job, you won't be able to do the good you are able to do living in Oklahoma.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

When did she speak to you?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »

What's a prayer plan?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »

What's the "Kenya story" people are getting infractions for?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 01:57:31 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2012, 02:01:48 AM by Senator Sbane »

Bushie, if you have had a heart attack already you need to immediately go on a whole foods, plant based diet if you want to live past 40. Do you take drugs for your cholesterol and blood pressure? Are you a diabetic? If you are, your chances of having another heart attack just went up even more. Do you monitor your cholesterol and blood sugar often?

Also if you can, please watch the movie "Forks over Knives". The insistence that meat and dairy products cause cancer are controversial, but otherwise the movie is right on in showing you what you should be eating most of the time. In your case I would not eat any animal product, except for completely fat free milk. Not 1% or 2%, completely fat free. And no oil whatsoever. Not only no butter or margarine, but no olive or canola oil either. Just put grilling spices on vegetables and bake them. Eat them along with high fiber whole grain bread. Also no processed foods whatsoever. If you have had a heart attack and you don't take these drastic steps, you will not live very long.

Also most importantly, if you haven't told you doctor about these possible heart attacks, do so immediately.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 04:55:04 PM »

I'm proud of where I've come since last November.  I'm down 25-30 pounds from my peak of 285.0 that was hit on 14 November 2011, just two days after what likely was a minor heart attack on 12 November 2011.  I've fallen off the bandwagon in the past 3 or 4 months.  I'm determined to get back on the bandwagon.  The only thing I'm still doing right is not drinking regular soda, except on a rare occasion.  I am now drinking Diet Dr Pepper, Sprite Zero, an occasional glass of milk, and good ole' water!  I am currently in the process of lowering the soda intake and raising the water intake.  If I can get them to at least be even with one another in consumption, I'll be doing well.  Next thing I need to do is eat at the house.  Even if its not the healthiest food, its still better than consuming a half pound or a 2/3 pound grease bucket otherwise known as a hamburger and better than consuming those large death sticks (otherwise known as french fries).  Those are okay once in a while, but that's it, once in a while, not once a day or really even once a week.  I'll start with the dieting for now, and then as the temperatures start cooling down late this summer heading into the fall, I'll start getting outside and walking.  Right now, I weigh ~260.0, my goal is to be at least 245 by my doctor's appointments at the end of September and the beginning of October.  Beyond that, my goal is to be down to 235 by Thanksgiving and 225 by New Year's.  I'm not going to make any goals beyond that for now as I don't want to get discouraged if I'm not on track toward that goal.  The only reason I won't get outside now is we're entering a stretch of 103-107 degree heat that has no real end in sight.

Bushie, you want to lose 15 pounds by the end of September, right?  You've been promising and promising to improve yourself, and then reneging on those promises, disappointing all the good folks here that have gotten involved with your story and really want to help you.  One could almost say your constant moves towards doing something good, then not, are trolling the audience.

Proposal on that front: that this is now time to put up or shut up.  Over the next two moths between now and September 30th, you reduce your weight to 245 lbs.  If you are unsuccessful in doing so, I will give your posts in this thread 50 infraction points and get you on Mod Review.

I am doing this not because I don't like you (I do like you, and think you're a good person), but because, like the rest of the good folks here, I'm concerned about you.  I realize this isn't much encouragement, but it's the most I have the power to do, and I sincerely hope you succeed.

I don't like the fact that my Forum life is on the line here, but I'll take the proposal.  I have to be down to 245 lbs by 30 September.  I am already on my way.  Of course, the diet just started yesterday, so I haven't really lost anything yet, except a half a pound.  I can do this and I will do this.  Today, I'm going to eat real light.  Except for some Diet Dr. Pepper and Water to keep my voice lubricated while I take calls, I'm going to just have a sandwich for lunch and a couple sandwiches for dinner.  I'll be hungry by the time I get off work at 10:15 this evening, but I'll live.  Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better than this morning was.  I'll check in again with you tonight.

Drink only water Bushie. Why do you need to put any other liquid in your body?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 01:05:17 AM »

What type of job is it?  What are you going to do about housing?

It is a supervisor position with Xerox.  The pay screw up was more Apple's fault than Xerox.  As far as housing goes, I'm aiming for a furnished, efficiency apartment.  I'm going to try to avoid having to hire movers, so I'm going to travel light.

Wait, so you were just complaining about being misled about how you were being paid and the process being rigged and now you are moving to another part of the country to tale a job with the same company that just misled you??

When I take a step back, I think it was more Apple that rigged the pay and not Xerox, because in the same building in OKC, US Cellular offers their workers a flat $9.50 in training and $10.00 after.  I don't hold Xerox responsible.  As far as the rigging, I obviously don't think that now.

What are you going to do with your home?

I'm actually going to keep it for another year.  I want to have a safety net just in case things were to fail up there, especially with it being so far away and no family up there except for a great uncle whom I have only met one time in my entire life.  I don't anticipate that happening, but I want a safety net and a home to come back to just in case.  I will probably put the house on the market next Fall.  I've poured over my finances quite extensively this evening and I should be able to swing rent and a mortgage.  I'm going to transfer the utilites to my mother and dad and they're going to pay for those as they will checking on the house from time to time.  As far as my cat goes, I'll have to find him a new home.  I've got someone in mind that I'm going to ask first.

Why don't you rent out your home?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 11:00:32 PM »

I was reading online that there is a 53% probability of having 1" of snow on the ground on Christmas Day.

I'm pretty sure Phil was implying something else.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

Didn't god/jesus ask us to treat our body as a temple? Why would you put crap food in it?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 01:23:26 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

Good cause the threat to ban you for being a fat still exists, no?

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink

I'll outdrink my counterpart any day. Wink

...No comment.

Anyway, I am dead serious about BushOK's weight.  September 30th.  245 pounds.

And no, falling below 245 between now and then but going back over it by the target date doesn't count.
How will you know what his weight really is?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies