As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:47:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 314866 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: January 09, 2012, 09:40:10 PM »

I expected this guy to change parties.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 03:05:35 AM »

Deja vu?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

Why wouldn't they call you in to personally tell you yes or no.......an email?
I got my internship offer in the mail.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 03:59:40 AM »

Your mom calms you when you're packing? God, my mother drives me absolutely insane when she tries to involve herself in anything I do.
Pretty much. Of course than there is passive-agressive dad, but that's not as bad.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 04:21:25 PM »

Too many death points?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »

Again, are you absolutely certain that your Kenya thing isn't going to interfere with this?

I am 100% positive. My new manager is perfectly okay with it per her own mouth.

Make sure you get in writing that they're letting you take off for your trip...

I will do that. Smiley

Before accepting the job... Wink

So you did NOT get it in writing, correct?

My money is on no.

You would have lost money, then. Smiley
Unexpected twist in the plot.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 12:53:22 PM »

Good Friday Morning! I had another little confirmation last night, or reassurance I guess you could call it.  I asked God if this is truly from Him, and not something from my own desire, then to let me sleep and not even think about it.  What happened?  I slept like a baby for 7 hours.  I went to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 5:15 am.  After having slept on it for a night, I've got a game plan.

Work in Oklahoma at Dell for the next 24 months supporting myself and my children, as well as being there for my biological American family and my adopted American sister.
In Autumn 2012, I want to start making preparations to raise the funds, secure employment, find a place to live that will accomodate myself and my two children.
In January 2013, I want to be able to fill my parents into what is going on.
In March 2013, I will make a return visit to Maisha and possibly go again in the Autumn 2013.
Be on the ground and moved to celebrate my 32nd birthday on April 29, 2014.

Of course, God can always change things either sooner or later, but this is how I'm seeing the time line after having slept on it.

So, nothing immediate except raising funds to go back next March and fulfilling my responsibilities at Dell and to my American and African families.
I wouldn't trust god based on your past encounters with him, make sure you get a signature from him on his contract before you head into your next adventure!!!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »

Good Friday Morning! I had another little confirmation last night, or reassurance I guess you could call it.  I asked God if this is truly from Him, and not something from my own desire, then to let me sleep and not even think about it.  What happened?  I slept like a baby for 7 hours.  I went to bed at 10:15 and woke up at 5:15 am.  After having slept on it for a night, I've got a game plan.

You know, I never followed the Update thread, so I am not familiar with the way you think God communicates in an active relationship.  But is this your normal modus operandi...always setting out a series of (very minor) fleeces in order to determine “God’s will” for your life?

First, I am NOT a subscriber of the ideal that you have to chronically seek “God’s will” in your life (e.g. “The Purpose Driven Life”).  His will for you is already stated point blank in scripture – there is no need to seek it, it is already given to you.

Would you be doing God’s work if you went to Africa and helped them meet their spiritual and physical needs?  Absolutely.  But you would also be doing God’s work by helping out in your current community in OK.

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might.”

Second, even though Gideon put out a fleece before God in Judges ch6, it wasn’t necessary, for God had already spoken to him.  Gideon was just acting like Moses did - doubting what God actually told him.  In the New Testament, where is there a single example of someone putting a fleece before God?  Christians are supposed to be led by the Holy Spirit, not fleeces.

If you think God is leading you to move to Africa, then why doesn’t God simply call you to go to Africa?

John 10:4 “his sheep follow him because they know his voice.”

God gives you the freedom of choice to go serve him in Africa, and he also gives you the freedom of choice to continue to serve him in OK...but don't think God predominate will for your life is to pack your bags and move unless he is actually asking you to do so:

1Cor 7:20 "Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him."

Are you attempting to convince people God is calling you to go to Africa simply due to your interpretation of these fleeces?  Again, I ask: is this your normal modus operandi – taking everything as a sign from God?

The expert has spoken.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

Have we seen Bushie keep a stable situation for two years yet?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »

Can someone paraphrase the new status update if it's not unethical?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »

that may be the best status update in the history of facebook. 

and bushie it took you forever just to go from regular soda to diet soda, yet you get engaged or plan to move 10,000 miles away at the drop of a hat.  i just dont get it...
Did he get engaged to an African?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »

It was better in Rhodesia. Mods can delete if this is inappropriate.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »

I'm already happy!  My cousin, who went with me to Kenya, has given me the best compliment not once, but twice this past week.  She said "You look more alive now than I have ever seen you!"  For someone who has known me since she was 2 years old, and she is now 28, that is saying something.  My whole attitude has changed.  Before I left for Kenya, I was starting to go through the motions and was pretty lifeless.  Getting the job helped a lot, and then I went to Kenya, and when we first got to Maisha and saw 450 children come to meet us and walk with us to Maisha, my heart came alive and the seeds were planted for my future life in Kenya.  Little did I know God was planting an entire forest in my heart!  I have been more alive the past two weeks than I have ever been in my 30 years of life.
The plot thickens.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 01:38:02 AM »

The writers have left a plot hole.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

Will Bushie marry a Kenyan to simplify the process?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!
That's not a new storyline, that's a recurring symbol.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 02:54:42 PM »

Fellows- let's put our differences aside and remember our main goal- helping Bushie.

I support Straha's advice because we need a new storyline Smiley

You want a new storyline? Well, how about this for starters: In 2 weeks on Friday, 18 May 2012, I will be beginning my Christmas 2012 Preparations.  I will be starting my weekly browsing of Hobby Lobby, who will soon start dedicating a partial aisle to Christmas Decorations! I will also be planning for the Fourth of July, as well!

When you present your saga/novel to a publisher, the first thing they will say is to lose this section, which is repetitive, and mundane, unless of course you obsess to the point where it becomes yet another interesting exploration of a portfolio of psychological disorders. In other words, if you are going to go there, it had better be good.
I think it functions as comedic relief, to balance out the other heavy stuff that Bushie talks about.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 07:00:14 PM »

There are some updates I must make.  Something terrible has happened at Dell.  Oklahoma is an "at-will" employment state, meaning employers can terminate the employment of anybody at any time with or without notice.  I have no tenure there, having only been permanent for 10 weeks.  I received a notice this past week that my position was going to be cut on Monday, 21 May 2012.  I had to do some immediate scrambling and trying to find a job and thankfully, I went to the Xerox plant in Yukon, Oklahoma (western suburb of OKC).  I now have a job working with Xerox doing technical support for Apple.  The job starts on Monday, 18 June 2012 at either 06:00-14:30 or 15:00-23:30.  It will be a significant pay cut, but it will be a permanent position (no temp service).  Apple only has 3 call centers in the nation, Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; and one other city.  They are expanding into Oklahoma City on 18 June, so I am the very first class for Apple in Oklahoma City.  They will be promoting from within, which means my class will have the very first opportunities to promote into supervisory or team lead roles.  I may not have to be on the phones for very long and I may work up to the pay I was at with Dell within a pretty short period of time.  We'll see.  So, the job search began and the job search ended with one interview.
Didn't someone predict this?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 10:57:48 PM »

There are some updates I must make.  Something terrible has happened at Dell.  Oklahoma is an "at-will" employment state, meaning employers can terminate the employment of anybody at any time with or without notice.  I have no tenure there, having only been permanent for 10 weeks.  I received a notice this past week that my position was going to be cut on Monday, 21 May 2012.  I had to do some immediate scrambling and trying to find a job and thankfully, I went to the Xerox plant in Yukon, Oklahoma (western suburb of OKC).  I now have a job working with Xerox doing technical support for Apple.  The job starts on Monday, 18 June 2012 at either 06:00-14:30 or 15:00-23:30.  It will be a significant pay cut, but it will be a permanent position (no temp service).  Apple only has 3 call centers in the nation, Portland, Oregon; Raleigh, North Carolina; and one other city.  They are expanding into Oklahoma City on 18 June, so I am the very first class for Apple in Oklahoma City.  They will be promoting from within, which means my class will have the very first opportunities to promote into supervisory or team lead roles.  I may not have to be on the phones for very long and I may work up to the pay I was at with Dell within a pretty short period of time.  We'll see.  So, the job search began and the job search ended with one interview.
Didn't someone predict this?

Yeah.. If I remember correctly, that would be everyone on this forum.
I was playing the Captain Obvious part.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »

I am gonna throw a curveball - can you get employed in Kenya at Xerox?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »

...my left shoulder is sore, and I've got a headache from sleeping too late.

Are you 30 or 87?

I'd love to see your "college self."
He does get senior discounts at restaurants...
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 01:42:39 AM »

Applying for other jobs before start date really shows the level of commitment I look for in my employees.
the 1%
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 01:43:44 AM »

...my left shoulder is sore, and I've got a headache from sleeping too late.

Are you 30 or 87?

I'd love to see your "college self."
He does get senior discounts at restaurants...

LOL,

We went to the same place last evening for dinner and I looked at the ticket and we were charged correctly, this time!
Did your clothing preferences change?
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 05:19:27 PM »

How about we put a part of your expenses as "private" Bushie? You give us the estimate, we have the forum figure out the rest of the spreadsheet, and help you figure where you can cut back to help you save for your Kenyan adventures. You can also tell us if it's possible to cutback on the private expenses.
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »

As bonus we can start a betting pool on Bushie's private expenses in case they ever get revealed, where members of the forum can buy-in.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies