Live from the Oval Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:00:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Live from the Oval Office
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Live from the Oval Office  (Read 3330 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2004, 12:49:29 PM »

[Oval Office]

Good evening, tonight I must speak to you on  the upcoming Presidential campaign.

I ran for President last October because I was asked to. I felt I would be serving my country best as President, and I still believe today what I have done for our great nation is positive, and I shall always believe that. What I will announce has nothing to do with recent polls. I despise polling and I despise those politicians who base their views off of what polls say. “Being a politician is a poor profession  being a public servant is a noble one,” Herbert Hoover once said, and I live by this notion, I was never going to be a low down politician smoking a cigar and drinking bourbon in the Senate chamber trying to pass some silly piece of legislation that helps a special interest. I wanted to be a straight up honest and hard working President who signs bills and fights for what's right. I believe with every bit of truth in my body that I have done that.

I love the Republican Party, but I love Atlasia even more. Loyalty means little in an organized party, as the last days have shown. I now am free from the shackles of party bondage, as I will now work on my own to make a greater nation. My loyalty is to you, the Atlasian people, not the AFRNC. The extremes on all sides, right, left, and center, can not be tolerated. We must work for a common cause, the cause of unity and peace in our homeland. We must not be united at home politically if we are to be welcomed abroad as a nation devoted to freedom for all. The extremes of Atlasia, including the extreme “moderates”, must  be done away with so that we can begin to compromise with each other and form a bond that can last through the ages.

In these trying times, with the Constitutional Crisis, I can not give Atlasia what is most needed. Men like KEmperor and the Hughento/Peter Bell ticket know our Constitution back and forth, like the back of their hand. I believe that  Atlasia doesn’t deserve a second best anything, and my Constitutional knowledge is only second best.

Seeing this, I shall not seek, and shall not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your President.

I am not resigning, I shall make that clear. I will stay the duration of my term. I never intended a second term, but I was almost dragged into one. I shall continue to attempt to make China more free and make our nation more free as well. I wish to see a free China and I wish to see a more free Atlasia.

The Republican National Convention can nominate who they want for President. I trust their leadership and wisdom will lead them to the correct choice. I hope you can decide on a fine choice for February.

Now as I leave you I wish you all the best.  May God keep you and bless you in all his ways.

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 01:15:27 PM »

Too bad.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 01:40:20 PM »

Are you sure this is unrelated to any polls?

Good luck to you in your further endeavours here in Fantasy Politics. And God Bless You for not resigning.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 02:50:30 PM »

Thank you for your dedicated service to the forum over the last four months.  We appreciate it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 02:56:53 PM »

Thank you for your service PBrunsel.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 02:58:11 PM »

Thanks for your service to Atlasia in all respects; it's too bad other things need to be done to the Constitution in order to make this government feasible and cogent.

Good luck.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »

Oh no!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

Sorry to see this happen. Still, I can understand your actions, considering the situation.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 04:12:54 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2004, 04:32:59 PM by President PBrunsel »

I want to say AGAIN, this has nothing to do with polls. This is my personal decision based on me being sick of the bickering of the Senate. I did not leave because polls said I would lose. I would have went down like Taft had I wanted to run another campaign, and I would have had no problem with that.

Thank you to all who have wished me well.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 04:15:17 PM »

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to most prominent members of your party endorsing another candidate. When was the last time a party did not nominate an incumbent president in the USA, 1880?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 04:22:02 PM »

I want to say AGAIN, this has nothing[/i[ to do with polls. This is my personal decision based on me being sick of the bickering of the Senate. I did not leave because polls said I would lose. I would have went down like Taft had I wanted to run another campaign, and I would have had no problem with that.

Thank you to all who have wished me well.
Yeah, don't get me wrong...it's obvious this wasn't only about that poll. I just think your frustration and many Republicans' apparent frustration with you and the result of that poll are all very much interconnected, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't ahve thrown the towel in now if that poll didn't exist...although you might very well have done so before february.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 04:30:28 PM »

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to most prominent members of your party endorsing another candidate. When was the last time a party did not nominate an incumbent president in the USA, 1880?

1856, the Democrats went over Franklin Pierce's head to nominate James Buchanan.

Pierce is the only incumbent President who was denied renomination by his party.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004, 04:33:46 PM »

Suprising news
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 04:38:26 PM »

You did the right thing by not resigning, yet doing what you thought needed to be done.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004, 04:39:27 PM »

1856, the Democrats went over Franklin Pierce's head to nominate James Buchanan.

Pierce is the only incumbent President who was denied renomination by his party.
This says otherwise.
Schmitz in 1972
Liberty
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 04:43:56 PM »

This says otherwise.

Not sure if that's completely reliable. First of all it says Buchanan lost the nomination to Lincoln which is completely untrue as Lincoln was a Republican and Buchanan was a Democrat. I DO know for a fact that Fillmore was denied the nomination by his own party so there is at least one other besides Pierce.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 04:52:27 PM »

WRONG

Cheter A. Arthur did not seek renomination due to Bright's disease.

Millard Filmore did not seek renomination, others did for him.

Andy Johnson never sought renomination neither did James Buchanan.

I am an historian, so I should know!
This says otherwise.

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 05:38:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This says otherwise.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Could you have been anymore rude?  I have no idea what is wrong with you.  You are a disgrace.  He had just decided to give up the highest postition in the nation. and that is all you can say.  You could at least say ONE thing that is nice.

Sorry to hear this Paul.  I thought you were a pretty good president.  Good luck with whatever you plan on doing in the future.

Oh yea, I'm bad.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 10:04:13 PM »

Mr. President I feel very disappointed by this news and I feel as though I am partly to blame for you decision. Looking back it appears that I as a Republican should have stood by you in your moment of need. I am very disappointed to hear this news and really hope you the best. I wish that you had sought re-election and just took a chance at it but I respect your decision. I must say, though, Thank you for being our President.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 10:05:30 PM »

Mr. President I feel very disappointed by this news and I feel as though I am partly to blame for you decision. Looking back it appears that I as a Republican should have stood by you in your moment of need. I am very disappointed to hear this news and really hope you the best. I wish that you had sought re-election and just took a chance at it but I respect your decision. I must say, though, Thank you for being our President.

Thanks ColinW, I knew I could count on you. Your such a good friend.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2004, 10:08:34 PM »

Unless that was sarcastic I will say Your welcome Mr. President.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2004, 10:10:41 PM »

Unless that was sarcastic I will say Your welcome Mr. President.

It was not sarcastic Colin.

And you should just keep enndorsing KEmperor, although I will not.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2004, 10:12:52 PM »

Well lets just say, Mr. President, that I am endorsing KEmp for the moment. It is still up in the air whether he will be my first preference in February.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2004, 10:14:37 PM »

This was surprising news, but not incredibly unexpected, given recent events.

I really can't understand why everyone jumped ship.  I'm a Democrat and I think you've been doing a pretty good job overall.  Perplexing, but oh well, such is politics.

I hope that my two months with you in government can be as amicable as possible and I wish you the best for the future.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2004, 11:22:52 PM »

This was surprising news, but not incredibly unexpected, given recent events.

I really can't understand why everyone jumped ship.  I'm a Democrat and I think you've been doing a pretty good job overall.  Perplexing, but oh well, such is politics.

I hope that my two months with you in government can be as amicable as possible and I wish you the best for the future.
Democrats like him that's why they jumped ship.
republicans liked me and i was shunned by the left,same deal.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies