The size of my Wiener (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:58:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The size of my Wiener (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The size of my Wiener  (Read 1220 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 17, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »

I love Wienerschnitzel with lingonberries and a bit of lemon... with a side of buttered and herbed boiled baby reds and a nice salad.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »

ugh.. Kebabs are so gross.  That sickly meat product that is usually over cooked so it's dry and hard and then doused in cucumber sauce...  I'd rather have a cardboard burger from McDonalds.  They're probably healthier for you.

My ultimate drunk snack was Leberkässemmerl with mustard.  Leberkäse, literally, liver cheese, is actually a pseudo bologna but better and it's shaped into a loaf form and sliced and put on crusty kaiser rolls with good spicy mustard.  It's pretty awesome.

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »

ugh.. Kebabs are so gross.  That sickly meat product that is usually over cooked so it's dry and hard and then doused in cucumber sauce...  I'd rather have a cardboard burger from McDonalds.  They're probably healthier for you.

My ultimate drunk snack was Leberkässemmerl with mustard.  Leberkäse, literally, liver cheese, is actually a pseudo bologna but better and it's shaped into a loaf form and sliced and put on crusty kaiser rolls with good spicy mustard.  It's pretty awesome.

Not if you eat the Austrian version of Kebab, which is a huge Puten-Kebab incl. salad in it and a really good mayonaise-ish sauce and a really sharp spice.

I have had this Puten-Kebab mostly in bigger restaurants, owned by Austrians of Turkish origin (people who were born here, but have Turkish parents). These restaurants are mostly 100% visited by Austrians and bursting because of business in there. They also know that Austrians like Puten-Kebab more than the original version.

On the other hand, you have the Kebab stands operated by Turkish immigrants who sell the stuff that you described and where you only find their relatives standing nearby and 1 Austrian customer every 3 days.

And, yes, the Leberkässemmel is always good - especially in the morning hours and in times like these when it's cold outside. Including mustard, pepperoni or pickles.
Funny enough I had exactly what you describe in Cologne of all places.  And it was much much better... but it wasn't turkey.  It was lamb I think... and it was made by Turkish immigrants.  I still prefer Austrian or native German cuisine... things like Schnitzel and Wurstsalat or Schweinebraten or Knödel.  My friends from South Tyrol made me some kind of poor man's food called Moos I believe... just flour and butter and milk cooked with salt.  It's surprisingly good but it will give you a stomach ache if you eat too much.

Another of my favorite German snackfoods is Currywurst with french fries doused in that curry ketchup (warm). 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies