Could God be this Cruel? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:35:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Could God be this Cruel? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could God be this Cruel?
God does what must be done.

No, God would never do this.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Could God be this Cruel?  (Read 1598 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« on: November 17, 2011, 03:30:54 PM »

Imagine for a moment you were immortal. Your body could not be broken. Your skin can not be pierced.

You can still, for example, drown... but you wont die. You would fall into the water, your lungs would take in water, you would be in pain, but, you would not die. You could also be in space, and not die, or on fire, and not die.

Now, lets say I wanted to torture you. I thus, toss you into the sun. Thousands of degrees of heat... or is it Millions? Well it's very hot regardless. The gravity would pull you down and the pressure would crush you. You would be in endless burning pain, never to be able to escape until the sun burns out in billions of years.

This is crazy right? How could I do such a thing? What kind of terrible person can I be to think of doing this. What kind of horrible person would wish this upon someone?

Well. When I think of this, I think of descriptions of Hell. Eternal torture, pain and suffering.

This is where I like to point out the second half of John 3:16 says that anyone who doubts Jesus goes to hell.

Thus I pose the question: Could God be this Cruel?
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:41:06 PM »

Pain
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies