Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 28, 2014, 04:05:22 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  Presidential Election Process
| | |-+  What's it take to create a political party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What's it take to create a political party?  (Read 1226 times)
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2011, 07:20:26 pm »
Ignore

I'm asking because the facebook page for my Feudalist Party is now up. Don't worry, once people are informed it'll get more likes and whatnot. So what does it take to be an official political party?

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 12:23:56 am »
Ignore

It varies from state to state, with it being easy in some states and harder in others, with Oklahoma being the toughest.  (Only Obama and McCain were on the ballot there in 2008.)

South Carolina requires a new party to get the signatures of 10,000 registered voters, which is the same required to get ballot access as a petition candidate to a statewide race.  However, once a party exists in South Carolina it is absurdly easy for it to keep ballot access, so absurd that we've had several instances of third parties that have effective gone bust getting taken over as an easier path to ballot access.  Hence, what had been at one time the Natural Law Party of South Carolina is now the Green Party of South Carolina.

I wonder why Van Heusen never bothered to make women's clothing?
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »
Ignore

I'm asking because the facebook page for my Feudalist Party is now up. Don't worry, once people are informed it'll get more likes and whatnot. So what does it take to be an official political party?
Are you seriously a feudalist? Or is this some kind of silly protest thing, like Vermin Supreme is doing?

lawlz
#Ready4Nixon
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:45:05 am »
Ignore

Are you seriously a feudalist? Or is this some kind of silly protest thing, like Vermin Supreme is doing?

I'm not seriously a Feudalist, but it would be awesome to get the party ballot access in an election & nominate an 18 year old to run for something. Sadly most of our support would be under 18.

Yelnoc
YaBB God
United States
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 09:48:31 pm »
Ignore

But why the Feudalist Party?

Goodbye
only back for the worldcup
Lewis Trondheim
YaBB God
India

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 01:32:19 pm »
Ignore

Don't worry, once people are informed it'll get more dislikes.

"The secret to having a rewarding work-life balance is to have no life. Then it's easy to keep things balanced by doing no work." Wally

"Our party do not have any ideology... Our main aim is to grab power ... Every one is doing so but I say it openly." Keshav Dev Maurya
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout