Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 09:23:09 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  TX-Sen: Ground war to the finish
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: TX-Sen: Ground war to the finish  (Read 7666 times)
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2011, 02:57:51 pm »
Ignore

As the Economist notes.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2011/11/politics-local

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 06:24:17 pm »
Ignore

"Mr. Dewhurst, a friend of the fetus and the 1%"

lol

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
Bacon King: 1.  You're cute, in a weird Tom Wopat kind of way.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 11:18:22 pm »
Ignore

"Mr. Dewhurst, a friend of the fetus and the 1%"

lol

A friend of moderates and the state establishment is more like it. We're seeing this pattern emerge fairly often in GOP primaries since 2010: a star candidate supported by the national intelligentsia in alliance with the TP (what I call "fusionist") v. a local-establishment candidate with moderately conservative views.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 12:06:24 am »
Ignore

Dewhurst wil probably start debating in the New Year- the media pressure will become too great.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/20/us/sometimes-its-just-easier-to-run-against-obama.html

7.35, 3.65

krazen1211
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 07:12:52 pm »
Ignore

The Democrat (Sanchez) appears to have dropped out. Not that it matters.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 07:38:09 pm »
Ignore

But an extra few months for the Republicans does. Polling is a total crapshoot, but by all indications Cruz is handily winning the ground war.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2011/12/primary-deal-wi.php

7.35, 3.65

jimrtex
YaBB God
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 08:11:43 pm »
Ignore

Sean Hubbard

Daniel Boone
redcommander
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 12:57:38 am »
Ignore

Sean Hubbard

Daniel Boone

Well at least they'll be able to run a warm body against whoever the Republicans nominate (Hopefully Cruz).
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »
Ignore

Sean Hubbard

Daniel Boone

Well at least they'll be able to run a warm body against whoever the Republicans nominate (Hopefully Cruz).

So is this Tara Hollis or Alvin Greene level of desperation?

7.35, 3.65

tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 05:27:41 pm »
Ignore

Sean Hubbard

Daniel Boone
I seriously think I might look older than Hubbard...and I'm 17.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 06:03:08 pm »
Ignore

Sean Hubbard

Daniel Boone
I seriously think I might look older than Hubbard...and I'm 17.

I think he looks younger than Mandel.

7.35, 3.65

oakvale
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 07:36:09 pm »
Ignore

Sean Hubbard

Daniel Boone

So is this Tara Hollis or Alvin Greene level of desperation?

Apparently. I mean, the Democratic bench in Texas consists of, who, Bill White and no-one else? Oh well, it's not like this was going to be a pickup anyway.

EDIT: Wait, isn't Chet Edwards out of a job? Someone call him quick and keep the margin of loss sem-respectable.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 07:38:22 pm by Oakvale »Logged

Seriously, go die in a ditch, anti-semitic scumbag.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 07:44:06 pm »
Ignore

Democrats can always vote for Leppert or Dewhurst. Smiley Especially Leppert. Dewhurst is more a KBH clone (minus her pro-choice position).

7.35, 3.65

Reginald

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011, 12:49:44 am »
Ignore

In continuing with news that won't affect the outcome of this race at all, former football player, current ESPN personality, and all-around smarmy jackass Craig James is entering the Republican primary.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/espn-college-football-analyst-craig-james-to-run-for-us-senate-in-texas-gop-fundraiser-says/2011/12/19/gIQAvZ9h4O_story.html

“Washington is busted up, and I understand how the economy works because I have been concerned about continuing to provide jobs in this economy, not 10 years ago, not 15, not 20 years ago. I live in this economy, I get it,” James told The Associated Press. “We need someone from what I call real street, this is what separates me (from the other candidates).”

Roll Eyes So there's that.

This is really shaping up to quite the mundane race.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 12:59:13 am »
Ignore

In continuing with news that won't affect the outcome of this race at all, former football player, current ESPN personality, and all-around smarmy jackass Craig James is entering the Republican primary.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/espn-college-football-analyst-craig-james-to-run-for-us-senate-in-texas-gop-fundraiser-says/2011/12/19/gIQAvZ9h4O_story.html

“Washington is busted up, and I understand how the economy works because I have been concerned about continuing to provide jobs in this economy, not 10 years ago, not 15, not 20 years ago. I live in this economy, I get it,” James told The Associated Press. “We need someone from what I call real street, this is what separates me (from the other candidates).”

Yep. Given how late the primary now is, Cruz should have a smooth ride over Deweyhurst.

7.35, 3.65

Reginald

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 03:51:43 am »
Ignore

Yep. Given how late the primary now is, Cruz should have a smooth ride over Deweyhurst.

Cruz does indeed have the momentum. I would like to see a new poll here though; IIRC, the last few have showed widely differing numbers for Dewhurst in particular.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2011, 12:23:12 am »
Ignore

Craig James killed five hookers at SMU.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Reginald

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2011, 05:37:00 pm »
Ignore

Craig James killed five hookers at SMU.

A fact that will only become more widely known as the unsuspecting Texas populace Googles him. Perfectly Santorumesque.

Volatilesaff
MATCHU[D]
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2011, 04:48:04 am »
Ignore

I wish Chris Bell would run, or Bill White. Sad

Hubbard seems to be the only choice id support. *sigh*

Warren '16!
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 12:49:12 pm »
Ignore

Perry endorses Dewhurst.

http://hotlineoncall.nationaljournal.com/archives/2012/01/perry-supportin.php

7.35, 3.65

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 04:20:12 pm »
Ignore

Cruz is now outraising both Dewhurst and Leppert (who's not a threat anyways) in funds- and Deweyhurst is in debt to boot despite most of his cash being his own. Tomorrow's debate should be fun.

http://www.texasgopvote.com/2012-elections/texas-us-senate-debate-jan-12-w-cruz-dewhurst-james-addison-leppert-cruz-1-fundr-003719

7.35, 3.65

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »
Ignore

Now we know why Dewhurst ducked all those debates- Cruz is wiping the floor with him. Plus Dewhurst kept stuttering, speaking so slowly you'd think he's drugged, and had a couple of 30-second pauses before answering.

7.35, 3.65

Reginald

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:26:30 pm »
Ignore

PPP says: Dewhurst 36%, Cruz 18%

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_TX_0117.pdf

Cruz is only at +1 in favorability (15-14), while Dewhurst is at +22 (41-19). So it looks like Cruz still has some work to do. I was expecting him to fare a little better.

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 08:29:38 pm »
Ignore

Name ID, name ID, name ID. Dewhurst knows that once name ID equalizes and it becomes an ideological referendum, he'll share the 2010 fate of the woman he wants to replace. Runoff's not till June and Cruz has guaranteed himself a slot in there.

7.35, 3.65

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2012, 01:41:40 pm »
Ignore

Cruz has now pulled even with Dewhurst in fundraising.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/289091/cruz-ing-past-4-million-mark

7.35, 3.65

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout