Caddell and Schoen fully embrace self-parody.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:59:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Caddell and Schoen fully embrace self-parody.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Caddell and Schoen fully embrace self-parody.  (Read 572 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:32:11 PM »

Seriously, these guys would ve'been more believable if they posted their articles in the Onion.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203611404577041950781477944.html?mod=rss_opinion_main

When Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson accepted the reality that they could not effectively govern the nation if they sought re-election to the White House, both men took the moral high ground and decided against running for a new term as president. President Obama is facing a similar reality—and he must reach the same conclusion.

He should abandon his candidacy for re-election in favor of a clear alternative, one capable not only of saving the Democratic Party, but more important, of governing effectively and in a way that preserves the most important of the president's accomplishments. He should step aside for the one candidate who would become, by acclamation, the nominee of the Democratic Party: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Never before has there been such an obvious potential successor—one who has been a loyal and effective member of the president's administration, who has the stature to take on the office, and who is the only leader capable of uniting the country around a bipartisan economic and foreign policy.

Certainly, Mr. Obama could still win re-election in 2012. Even with his all-time low job approval ratings (and even worse ratings on handling the economy) the president could eke out a victory in November. But the kind of campaign required for the president's political survival would make it almost impossible for him to govern—not only during the campaign, but throughout a second term.

We write as patriots and Democrats—concerned about the fate of our party and, most of all, our country. We do not write as people who have been in contact with Mrs. Clinton or her political operation. Nor would we expect to be directly involved in any Clinton campaign.

If President Obama is not willing to seize the moral high ground and step aside, then the two Democratic leaders in Congress, Sen. Harry Reid and Rep. Nancy Pelosi, must urge the president not to seek re-election—for the good of the party and most of all for the good of the country. And they must present the only clear alternative—Hillary Clinton.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 07:43:07 PM »

Hahaha.

I don't for a second think that Caddell and Schoen are stupid enough to actually believe the tripe they write, but I guess anything that gets attention is good for business.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 04:00:27 PM »

It'd be pretty cool to have a president who knows what they're doing.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:59:13 PM »

B-b-but Hillary Clinton is calculating. You see, she calculates. She tries to look into the future and makes plans, weighing different possible outcomes. She's a bad, bad immoral woman. Meanwhile, Obama represents hope and change. If he's nominated, it'll be a generational coup for the Democratic party. We know he's the best President because he opposed the war while running for an ultra left wing state Senate seat in 2002. That proves he's a man of principle and has not a bone of corruption in his body. We'll live in a post-racial society where blacks will suddenly be equal, and the Republicans in Idaho will get together and sing kumbaya with Obama because he's a post-partisan centrist (which is why far left progressives should support him at all costs).

I would sig this entire thing if I could.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 05:10:14 PM »

B-b-but Hillary Clinton is calculating. You see, she calculates. She tries to look into the future and makes plans, weighing different possible outcomes. She's a bad, bad immoral woman. Meanwhile, Obama represents hope and change. If he's nominated, it'll be a generational coup for the Democratic party. We know he's the best President because he opposed the war while running for an ultra left wing state Senate seat in 2002. That proves he's a man of principle and has not a bone of corruption in his body. We'll live in a post-racial society where blacks will suddenly be equal, and the Republicans in Idaho will get together and sing kumbaya with Obama because he's a post-partisan centrist (which is why far left progressives should support him at all costs).

I fear that this post may not be either as funny or clever as you think it is.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »

I fear that this post may not be either as funny or clever as you think it is.

I don't care about that; it was more of a rant for myself. It's one of those letters that you write but never send. Unfortunately, I clicked post and it's already been preserved.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies