Just some food for thought. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:36:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Just some food for thought. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just some food for thought.  (Read 9170 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:59 PM »

To add to the excitement, Slovenia will be lost on December 4. The governing Social Democrats are polling like 4% there now.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »

A friend of mine noted something that I slipped by me at first: France is clearly the wrong color in the 2000 map unless they are foolishly counting Jospin as proof of a leftist government.

In a cohabitation system, the PM becomes the dominant domestic policy figure and the presidentialist system finds itself transformed into a parliamentary system. It's quite correct to judge France as left in 2000, because domestic policy was made by a left-wing government. Unless you're arguing from a 'Jospin is not a left-winger' mode.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »

The MoDem would be doing far better if it wasn't some useless personality cult founded for and by an incompetent douchebag whose only purpose is to whine and complain about how everybody is bad and how, therefore, he is so great because he's not like everybody else but has no ideology otherwise. And the French centre has room to grow if it wasn't divided into 6 million rival parties whose only members are boring regional barons who think they're all presidential material.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies