TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:39:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions  (Read 2203 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

I'll answer some of these questions after lunch if anyone is interested.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 03:39:26 PM »

Has the RPP taken any steps to integrate the remaining POP members?

By steps, do you mean have we recruited them to join our party?

I am not sure, as I am not a recruiter, but I think both our parties share a good deal of the same interests in terms of policy. When someone looks at joining a political party, I believe they should join them because they share much of the same policy goals.

There have been rifts between many of our members and Populares members in the past, and that has been what has hindered us from fully merging, but it is not like the JCP spoke fondly of the Populares before they took most of their members. As it stands now, a good bit of the former Populare party is now in the JCP, whether it is because they believe in the left-wing message or not is a mystery and really something I am not interested in. It is disappointing to see people who many of us considered friends and political allies in the past break away and begin to vote against everything they claimed they stood for, but I think that speaks more about the person rather than the party.

From what is left of the Populare party, I think I speak for all of us in saying they are welcome within the RPP if they truly support regional rights, smaller and more efficient government and game reforms. I am not one to ask about how to formally merge, but I think many of the remaining POP members feel a strong loyalty to the name and will likely remain in the party for some time, even if they are not seeing electoral success. That's just my two cents anyway.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 03:46:48 PM »

Given that your party has now lost two nationwide elections, should the RPP and all right-wingers in Atlasia just close up shop and quit the game?

That is not up to me or anyone else really. Sure, it has been frustrating to see candidates who provide a message and seem to want the job more than anyone else lose because they are not in the largest party. It is incredibly frustrating to see people like BRTD get elected by showing up and saying "I'm running!" only to get elected over more than capable candidates like shua (what a travesty that was).

Part of the reason I am retiring is because it is draining. A lot of us put a good effort into this game only to find is unrewarding, and many of us are tired of wasting our time. I have said it a few times and I will continue to say it; the right will need new blood and new leadership in order to return to the days of the early RPP. I firmly believe that. As it stands, the right and the RPP is at a structural disadvantage in the game, especially with the Populares joining the JCP for whatever reason. In the last election, my running mate and I picked off many votes from other parties and the JCP and still managed to lose. There comes  time where the script has played itself out, and right now, it has run its course. I do not advocate we close up shop at the local and senatorial level, but I think conceding the White House to the JCP, or at least not running our strongest candidates and pouring all of our resources into it, is in order. That's just my personal opinion. I don't like to see our stronger candidates who go out and run campaigns inevitably lose.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 03:48:20 PM »

Do you think the RPP has failed at GOTV?

The RPP manages to have the highest turnout among all the major parties, so no, it is not a failure to turnout our voters. We just don't have the voters the left has, and when the left needs a new vote, it is easy for them to go out and get one from the forum at large. They have the luxury of not having to turnout as high a percentage as we do to win.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 03:53:15 PM »

Why do you think the RPP has been unable to overtake the JCP in the long term?

The forum is much more left leaning than right leaning, meaning in order for the RPP to overtake the JCP in numbers, we would need a much higher percentage of rightists participating in the game. We have done as best we can at keeping pace, but the only way we will overtake them is with a split up. Last time that happened, the RPP won the presidency, which means I highly doubt anyone will stray from the JCP line anytime soon.

Do you think anyone will ever be able to overtake the JCP in terms of members?

Barring a split-up of the JCP, no.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »

How do you think your retirement will effect the RPP? You, along with Yankee, are viewed as one of the two co-leaders of the party. Do you think that the party will suffer, or will another, like Bill, take your place?

If I do retiring, which is about a 99% certainty, I will continue to remain involved within the party and within the game as more of a commentary type figure. I have thought of starting a news organization that actually updates itself and comment on the current goings on.

I do not see it as effecting things all that much. I anticipate a few candidates will emerge in December to take my seat and start things off on a fresher footing. I see my career as hitting a ceiling though. I have been in the senate for two years, and I doubt I will never become president or anything higher than that. I could stick around and overstay my welcome or I could do what is best for everyone and allow a fresh face in. I want to do the latter. But I don't see it as a huge change if and when I do announce my retirement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies