TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:24:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TPTTAA - RPP Interview/Questions  (Read 2227 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: November 21, 2011, 10:44:42 AM »

No, we should not give up.

Actually, some of the last elections (Kalwejt vs. Junkie, Snowguy vs. Duke, Nathan vs. Cincinnatus vs. Yelnoc) have been extremely encouraging despite the fact that we lost them. These elections have shown that it is possible for our party to be competitive even though we have a left-wing majority in Atlasia. Sooner or later we'll be on the lucky side and win one of these narrow races if we continue to turn out voters as successfully as in the last elections and, as Tmth pointed out, manage to get new party members.

Thus, with the right candidate (not too extreme, well-liked and competent) the RPP is in good shape in an election with just one open seat.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »

You say the right Candidate, but the last two were Duke and Bill; do you think there are any stronger candidates?

Hardly. But even though Duke and Cincinnatus lost, I'm convinced that such types of candidates are most likely to win future races if we're a bit luckier and work a bit harder (if that's possible!). Wink

In fact, the weak showing of Cincinnatus on the first day of the election made me rather pessimistic and I assumed that it didn't make any difference whether we'd run a moderate or a conservative candidate because we'd lose anyway. However, Cincinnatus' strong showing on the 2nd and 3rd election day made clear to me that we do indeed have a chance with a moderate candidate.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »

That's a good question. I guess we just had more of our voters turn out much later than they usually do, which made me (and probably other people in the party) a bit nervous. Unfortunately, the left also turned out their voters effectively towards the end.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:26 AM »

Would you yourself consider running at some point?

Probaby not in an at-large election unless I suddenly became a masochist or no one else in the RPP wanted to run, which I doubt would ever be the case. I guess I'm too far on the right on some issues even for a sizable chunk of RPPers (let's not even mention centrist or left-leaning independents), so I'd most certainly be a weak candidate. Nono, we have better guys for at-large elections. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies