An Announcement from the Vice President
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An Announcement from the Vice President
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Announcement from the Vice President  (Read 1358 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 26, 2004, 07:27:01 PM »

(The Vice President is met by a group of cameramen and reporters as he makes his way to his office in Nyman, DC.)

I will be making an announcement at 8 PM EST tonight. I'll leave it up to the press and pundits to speculate what it is about. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to my office. Thank you and I'll see you later tonight.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 07:27:43 PM »

An announcement about an announcement? Tongue
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 07:28:32 PM »

The announcement is that he is NOT running for Governor!
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 07:29:24 PM »

Surprise
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 07:37:18 PM »

LOL
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 07:41:12 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2004, 07:51:14 PM by Akno21 »

I'm speculating Presidential run right here.

*Akno directs MANN cameras and microphones near the VP's face*
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 08:01:18 PM »

(Vice President Keystone Phil approaches the podium set up in the Vice Presidential office)

Good evening. Earlier today President PBrunsel announced that he does not intend to seek re-election in February. While I am upset that the PBrunsel-Keystone Phil administration won't be on the ballot in the next election, I do respect the President's decision.

Right now Atlasia needs to look to find a new leader. While the President and myself will continue the fight while in the office we were elected to, we must start planning for the future. But before we start working on the future, I would like to point out some past events that I frown upon.

Leaders within the Atlas Republican Party have disappointed me. Several officials went right to the KEmperor campaign without even discussing the race with myself or PBrunsel. Some call it "personal endorsements" but I say it's just rude. Some say they were looking out for Atlasia's best interest. I say that when you are head of a party, don't you think you should discuss with your fellow party members what would be in the best interest of Atlasia instead of jumping to what's popular? President PBrunsel is a great man and should not have gone through what has happened. To those that left PBrunsel for what was popular without even giving the man notice, you should be ashamed of yourself. You stood with him when he was popular. You stood with him when he was sworn in. And now, when he's not the most liked person, you treat him like dirt. I'm disgusted.

But what has happened is in the past. We must move on. Today begins the moving on process. We have a President who won't seek re-election and that puts me in a tough spot. I have been asked if I will run for President and I come before the people to answer that question.

It would be a great honor if the people of Atlasia were to elect me President but I will not be a candidate for the office in February. A candidate has emerged in this race that has the respect and experience that a President needs. Since PBrunsel will not be a candidate, I plan on supporting Justice KEmperor for President of Atlasia. KEmperor is a good man who will make us proud. I feel that Atlasia must unite behind him so we avoid the usual extremely bitte and partisan campaign.

Let me make it clear that this is in no way a farewell speech. What we seem to forget when we are so caught up in campaigns is that there is still more work to be done and even more time. In the remaining two months, PBrunsel and myself will continue to work for the best interest of Atlasians. It is my goal that when our term ends that this administration ends with good approval ratings. Nothing is more important to me as Vice President than to see the people approve of the job I'm doing. I hope that while we might not be returning for a second term that the people can look back on this administration and say "They did a good job." You don't know how much that would mean to the President and myself.

Thank you, my friends, may God bless you and may God bless Atlasia.

(The Vice President walks out of the office as cameras flash)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 08:03:43 PM »

Nothing is more important to me as Vice President than to see the people approve of the job I'm doing.

So you want to do what's popular and not what's right?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2004, 08:04:32 PM »

That was a fine speech Keystone, and I welcome your support.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 08:06:11 PM »

Nothing is more important to me as Vice President than to see the people approve of the job I'm doing.

I want the people of Atlasia to look at this administration and say "They did a good job. They did the right thing." I will never do something for popularity, Mr. Akno. Now that's enough from you.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 08:08:03 PM »

[Standing Ovation for the Vice President.]

Great job. One of the best speeches I have ever heard here on the Atlas Forum.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2004, 08:09:23 PM »

I want the people of Atlasia to look at this administration and say "They did a good job. They did the right thing." I will never do something for popularity, Mr. Akno. Now that's enough from you.

Thanks for clearing that up, the way it was worded was what threw me.

I'm tempted to keep on posting just to refute your unwarranted last sentence.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004, 08:12:22 PM »

Good speech though.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2004, 08:14:43 PM »

You want to try to make a hero out of yourself, Akno? Go right ahead. I will now invite it. PBrunsel and myself have had a tough few days. I don't enjoy the fact that you tried to make me see like a popularity seeker. Believe me, Akno, if I wanted popularity all the time on this forum I wouldn't have a picture of Rick Santorum in my signature. I'm not about popularity. I want people to approve of the job I am doing. You knew what I meant and that's why I said that's enough out of you. However, as I stated earlier, if you want to make yourself a hero by questioning my plans, go right ahead.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2004, 08:16:28 PM »

Leaders within the Atlas Republican Party have disappointed me. Several officials went right to the KEmperor campaign without even discussing the race with myself or PBrunsel. Some call it "personal endorsements" but I say it's just rude. Some say they were looking out for Atlasia's best interest. I say that when you are head of a party, don't you think you should discuss with your fellow party members what would be in the best interest of Atlasia instead of jumping to what's popular? President PBrunsel is a great man and should not have gone through what has happened. To those that left PBrunsel for what was popular without even giving the man notice, you should be ashamed of yourself. You stood with him when he was popular. You stood with him when he was sworn in. And now, when he's not the most liked person, you treat him like dirt. I'm disgusted.

Truer words are rarely spoken by politicians.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2004, 08:17:37 PM »

You want to try to make a hero out of yourself, Akno? Go right ahead. I will now invite it. PBrunsel and myself have had a tough few days. I don't enjoy the fact that you tried to make me see like a popularity seeker. Believe me, Akno, if I wanted popularity all the time on this forum I wouldn't have a picture of Rick Santorum in my signature. I'm not about popularity. I want people to approve of the job I am doing. You knew what I meant and that's why I said that's enough out of you. However, as I stated earlier, if you want to make yourself a hero by questioning my plans, go right ahead.

I did not know what you meant, all I wanted was a clarification, calm down.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2004, 08:19:50 PM »

Akno, come on. You mean to tell me that wasn't a jab saying "You want to do what's popular over what's right?" Give me a break.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2004, 08:59:41 PM »

As I have said, I truely appologize for what I have done.  The President is a great man.  I simply found too much that we disagree on and I must do what I feel is best for the country.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2004, 09:09:47 PM »

As I have said, I truely appologize for what I have done.  The President is a great man.  I simply found too much that we disagree on and I must do what I feel is best for the country.

You belong to the Freedom Party. You notified the President about the possibility that the Freedom Party endorsement might be retracted before this occured. My disappointment is with the AFRNC leaders that didn't even give us the courtesy of letting us know in advance, let alone actually discussing the race with us.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2004, 09:40:15 PM »

You are in the Freedom Party, not the Republican Party. You have very right to endorse KEmperor, as do the Republican leaders. I just wish they would have told me of this before Christmas Eve.
Josh
cyberlord

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2004, 11:58:37 PM »

Well, good speech, even if you don't have my support Tongue
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 08:37:17 AM »

Akno, come on. You mean to tell me that wasn't a jab saying "You want to do what's popular over what's right?" Give me a break.

It just struck me as odd because all my life people always have been saying "Do what's right, not what's popular" or something to that extent. It had no malicous intent.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 11:04:06 AM »

It just struck me as odd because all my life people always have been saying "Do what's right, not what's popular" or something to that extent. It had no malicous intent.

And where did I hint at wanting to be popular over doing what's right? I said I wanted to leave office with Atlasians approving of the job I have done. I hope that they approve of my actions and PBrunsel's actions as would any other President or Vice President.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies