Is America moving to the Left or Right?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:19:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is America moving to the Left or Right?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: Which way would you prefer that it move? Which way is it moving?
Left / Left

Left / Right

Right / Left

Right / Right

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Is America moving to the Left or Right?  (Read 5071 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2006, 11:10:02 AM »

I can't imagine that an industrialized nation like American could move any further to the right.

There is nothing wrong with being Conservative.  The only reason why Liberalization still exists is because people constantly want more, and are not content with what they have. 

If people were content with what they had, we would all just stop working and sit around drinking iced tea until we starved to death. Life is about pursuit.

hahaha . . . I wasn't referring to employment.  I was referring to society.  I guess I should have made that more clear. 

I know. But I was half busting your balls, as dazzleman would say. Only half, though. the ultimate aim of the political ought to be governance in accordance with the highest possible standards.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2006, 11:11:38 AM »

I can't imagine that an industrialized nation like American could move any further to the right.

There is nothing wrong with being Conservative.  The only reason why Liberalization still exists is because people constantly want more, and are not content with what they have. 

If people were content with what they had, we would all just stop working and sit around drinking iced tea until we starved to death. Life is about pursuit.

hahaha . . . I wasn't referring to employment.  I was referring to society.  I guess I should have made that more clear. 

I know. But I was half busting your balls, as dazzleman would say. Only half, though. the ultimate aim of the political ought to be governance in accordance with the highest possible standards.

Good thing I've got a cup. Wink  Never enter the forum without it.  hahaha
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2006, 11:18:47 AM »

Good thing I've got a cup. Wink  Never enter the forum without it.  hahaha

Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2006, 11:20:22 AM »

Left/Right
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2006, 11:34:40 AM »

To the right on some issues (abortion), to the left on others (can you guys remember gay marriage even being an issue outside of Denmark and Holland in the oh-so-liberal 90s?).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies