The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:42:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Author Topic: The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread  (Read 16965 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »

There's one of these debates again tonight about foreign policy issues:

Please if one of the mods could sticky this. Thx.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:37:12 AM »

One of the CNN news people said in earlier in the week that it would also have a section on the economy.  Is that true?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »

Dear God, another one?
NVGonzalez
antwnzrr
Mexico

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »

The all-important, obligatory, stick-worthy official GOP debate thread makes its long-anticipated appearance.  Thanks TB.  

TB.  Hmmm.  Sometimes that stands for tuberculosis, which used to be called consumption.  Consumption was bad news.  Hippocrates advised his medical students against treating it, because it was almost always deadly, and a dead patient was bad for business.  But consumption is our ideal for society.  We are consumption and consumption is us.  Conspicuous consumption even, whenever possible.  "Consume mass quantities!" the coneheads used to say.  Unfortunately, the consumption rate is currently flaccid.  Which candidate can help make it fully erect?  Perhaps tonight we'll decide.

Are there still eight?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 03:47:27 PM »

Same boring roster?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 03:51:50 PM »

I wish Republicans actually paid more attention to debates and took into consideration which GOP candidates could actually match up well against Obama in the general election.

*Sigh*

Prediction: Romney will be considered the winner, with Gingrich shortly following. Cain and Perry say something stupid (Cain will drop a little after this debate). Santorum and Paul get into it again, and once again, Paul makes Santorum look stupid despite holding a position most in the GOP disagree with him on.

Or, I guess I could have just said this debate will be like every other one we've had.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

We're not even halfway through them all yet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_debates,_2012#Debates
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 03:53:41 PM »

I wish Republicans actually paid more attention to debates and took into consideration which GOP candidates could actually match up well against Obama in the general election.

*Sigh*

Prediction: Romney will be considered the winner, with Gingrich shortly following. Cain and Perry say something stupid (Cain will drop a little after this debate). Santorum and Paul get into it again, and once again, Paul makes Santorum look stupid despite holding a position most in the GOP disagree with him on.

Or, I guess I could have just said this debate will be like every other one we've had.

Id say Republicans are paying far more attention to this cycle of debates then any previous cycle
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2011, 04:01:37 PM by angus »

At first I thought it said rooster.  And that makes me think of cock.  Cock-a-doodle-doo.  Cockerel.  Cocksure.  Cocky.

Yeah, there's gonna be some cockiness tonight.  There will be eight very cocky, cocksure cocks up there.  (I looked it up.  Eight, count 'em, eight candidates still standing.  That's about six too many, if you're looking for a good debate, but it'll be fun.)

Cockroaches in the cockpit.

I'll be sure to get myself a cocktail and join in the game.  What game shall we play?  I read from the heritage foundation's website that Foreign Policy and National Security are tonight's topics.  Should the shot phrase be "Israel's right to exist" or "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?  

Cock your weapons, boys.  Fire at will.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 04:03:22 PM »

*Sigh*

Id say Republicans are paying far more attention to this cycle of debates then any previous cycle
They are watching the debates, but I'm not sure if they're looking at the candidates as closely as they should. People seem more interested in nominating an ideological purist, even if it means 4 more years of Barack Obama, which is certainly disappointing.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 04:36:10 PM »

At first I thought it said rooster.  And that makes me think of cock.  Cock-a-doodle-doo.  Cockerel.  Cocksure.  Cocky.

Yeah, there's gonna be some cockiness tonight.  There will be eight very cocky, cocksure cocks up there.  (I looked it up.  Eight, count 'em, eight candidates still standing.  That's about six too many, if you're looking for a good debate, but it'll be fun.)

Cockroaches in the cockpit.

I'll be sure to get myself a cocktail and join in the game.  What game shall we play?  I read from the heritage foundation's website that Foreign Policy and National Security are tonight's topics.  Should the shot phrase be "Israel's right to exist" or "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?  

Cock your weapons, boys.  Fire at will.

I see what you did there.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »

Gingrich better be attacked tonight and exposed for the fraud he is.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 05:44:52 PM »

Gingrich better be attacked tonight and exposed for the fraud he is.

I'd love to see that. Let's end it before it starts.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »

You know after reading this thread title a thing occurred to me:

What is Heritage anyway?  And how does the GOP hope to retain a sense of Heritage anyway?

As for me personally, if you asked me Heritage is more than who we are.  It's who we come from.  It's the cumulative history of the cumulative cultures that have cumulatively formed your cumulative culture in regards to your cumulative views on politics, socio-economic views on life, and the traditions that have helped shape your belief in the fiscal and economic issues that dictate American culture.

You see, Heritage is much more than just some word that politicians throw around to garner votes.  It is everything, and everyone, in your life up to this point that has every made an influence on you.  Now more than ever you must question how these forces, the forces of Heritage, have shaped your life.  It's who we who we are.

More importantly is the question of how does the Heritage Foundation and the Republican Party think they can appeal to this great Heritage of yours.  Do they recognize that the various cultural influence on your life, your tried and true Heritage, is the ultimate guiding force in your life?  That you have a set amount of beliefs that guide everything you believe?  Like whether you tip the milkman, whether you tip the pizza delivery guy, or whether you tip the waitress at Applebee's?

I remember Heritage, Heritage is a good friend of mine.  My Heritage dictates that alcohol is a very beneficial tool in society that brings great happiness to others.  Traditionally the GOP has been very opposed to such ideas, in fact they eben brought Prohibition to this country.  Yet, they insist that they are indeed a force for Heritage.  Well I wish to disagree, as my culture, my life, and my Heritage wouldn't be what it is today if it weren't for the friend of all neighbors: the Almighty Alcohol.  Alcohol forms the very basis of life, and of nature itself.  If it weren't for Alcohol there would never be any happiness in this life or the next.  Alcohol is the very basis of the Heritage of many in the histories of the histories of cultures around the world.

Now ask most so-called "defenders" of Heritage and of tradition what they think of Alcohol.  I can guarantee you, my fellow citizens of the world, that they would condemn Alcohol.  They would call Alcohol a Great Evil, a great disabler of man!  That is why I, blessed lover of Alcohol, have pledged my allegiance to destroying the authoritarian Liars who have hijacked the legacy of Heritage!

You may ask me: what the hell does this have to do with anything discussed in this thread?  Well to you I say that Heritage if about everything that we are!  It is the air we breathe!  It is the sea we swim in!  It is the food we eat!

Do you trust the Grand Old Party, a party beholden to Special Interests, a party beholden to legislating social morality, to defend such real Heritage?  Or is it only the bastard child Heritage that seek to defend?  That Heritage of moralism that they seek to propel to divide the black against the old.  The young against the poor.  The christians against the Texans.

All is caught up in the eye of the Glass Menagerie.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 07:03:39 PM »

Angus is on a roll tonight.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 07:05:24 PM »

I expect Bachmann to lead the offensive on Gingrich.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 07:19:38 PM »

Anyone watching CNN? This anchor seems to have a bad attitude
cavalcade

Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -3.13

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 07:22:52 PM »

I expect Bachmann to lead the offensive on Gingrich.

I expect the liberal media to lead the offensive on Gingrich. 

I hope he figures this out and really tells them off at some point during the debate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 07:43:36 PM »

Newt will be on the Defensive, and he is awfull in that position...its Pauls, and Santorums night to win.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 07:59:05 PM »

No streaming link?
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »

Debate cam? Really, CNN?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 07:59:52 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive/cvpstream1#/video/cvplive/cvpstream1
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 08:00:18 PM »

HAHAHA

DEAD silence when one of the pre-debate talking heads says that Ron Paul is a "tier one" candidate.
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »

Ughhh Blizter's the moderator Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies