The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:57:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread  (Read 17025 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »

The all-important, obligatory, stick-worthy official GOP debate thread makes its long-anticipated appearance.  Thanks TB.  

TB.  Hmmm.  Sometimes that stands for tuberculosis, which used to be called consumption.  Consumption was bad news.  Hippocrates advised his medical students against treating it, because it was almost always deadly, and a dead patient was bad for business.  But consumption is our ideal for society.  We are consumption and consumption is us.  Conspicuous consumption even, whenever possible.  "Consume mass quantities!" the coneheads used to say.  Unfortunately, the consumption rate is currently flaccid.  Which candidate can help make it fully erect?  Perhaps tonight we'll decide.

Are there still eight?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2011, 04:01:37 PM by angus »

At first I thought it said rooster.  And that makes me think of cock.  Cock-a-doodle-doo.  Cockerel.  Cocksure.  Cocky.

Yeah, there's gonna be some cockiness tonight.  There will be eight very cocky, cocksure cocks up there.  (I looked it up.  Eight, count 'em, eight candidates still standing.  That's about six too many, if you're looking for a good debate, but it'll be fun.)

Cockroaches in the cockpit.

I'll be sure to get myself a cocktail and join in the game.  What game shall we play?  I read from the heritage foundation's website that Foreign Policy and National Security are tonight's topics.  Should the shot phrase be "Israel's right to exist" or "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?  

Cock your weapons, boys.  Fire at will.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:03:33 PM »

It's 7 o'clock on the night before a three-day holiday.  I'd have a bad attitude if I had to work tonight.

whoa, was that Viet Nam footage they just showed during that Orwellian montage of sturm und drang?
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 08:08:08 PM »

Romney is the only one up there who knows the words of the national anthem.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies