The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:38:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Official CNN/AEI/Heritage Foundation GOP Debate Thread  (Read 17127 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: November 22, 2011, 06:00:44 PM »

You know after reading this thread title a thing occurred to me:

What is Heritage anyway?  And how does the GOP hope to retain a sense of Heritage anyway?

As for me personally, if you asked me Heritage is more than who we are.  It's who we come from.  It's the cumulative history of the cumulative cultures that have cumulatively formed your cumulative culture in regards to your cumulative views on politics, socio-economic views on life, and the traditions that have helped shape your belief in the fiscal and economic issues that dictate American culture.

You see, Heritage is much more than just some word that politicians throw around to garner votes.  It is everything, and everyone, in your life up to this point that has every made an influence on you.  Now more than ever you must question how these forces, the forces of Heritage, have shaped your life.  It's who we who we are.

More importantly is the question of how does the Heritage Foundation and the Republican Party think they can appeal to this great Heritage of yours.  Do they recognize that the various cultural influence on your life, your tried and true Heritage, is the ultimate guiding force in your life?  That you have a set amount of beliefs that guide everything you believe?  Like whether you tip the milkman, whether you tip the pizza delivery guy, or whether you tip the waitress at Applebee's?

I remember Heritage, Heritage is a good friend of mine.  My Heritage dictates that alcohol is a very beneficial tool in society that brings great happiness to others.  Traditionally the GOP has been very opposed to such ideas, in fact they eben brought Prohibition to this country.  Yet, they insist that they are indeed a force for Heritage.  Well I wish to disagree, as my culture, my life, and my Heritage wouldn't be what it is today if it weren't for the friend of all neighbors: the Almighty Alcohol.  Alcohol forms the very basis of life, and of nature itself.  If it weren't for Alcohol there would never be any happiness in this life or the next.  Alcohol is the very basis of the Heritage of many in the histories of the histories of cultures around the world.

Now ask most so-called "defenders" of Heritage and of tradition what they think of Alcohol.  I can guarantee you, my fellow citizens of the world, that they would condemn Alcohol.  They would call Alcohol a Great Evil, a great disabler of man!  That is why I, blessed lover of Alcohol, have pledged my allegiance to destroying the authoritarian Liars who have hijacked the legacy of Heritage!

You may ask me: what the hell does this have to do with anything discussed in this thread?  Well to you I say that Heritage if about everything that we are!  It is the air we breathe!  It is the sea we swim in!  It is the food we eat!

Do you trust the Grand Old Party, a party beholden to Special Interests, a party beholden to legislating social morality, to defend such real Heritage?  Or is it only the bastard child Heritage that seek to defend?  That Heritage of moralism that they seek to propel to divide the black against the old.  The young against the poor.  The christians against the Texans.

All is caught up in the eye of the Glass Menagerie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies