Simfan for Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:10:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Simfan for Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Simfan for Governor  (Read 15554 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2011, 11:23:05 AM »
« edited: March 01, 2016, 01:23:53 PM by Simfan34 »

Ewing, New Jersey, Northeast Region

Friends, fellow Northeasteners, how excited I am to see all of you here with me. I come here today to offer myself to you. I come here today to announce that I am making a stand- a stand for what is right. A stand for common-sense governance, where our government serves the people, and brings them forwards, up, out. A stand for decency, civility, and the values that we have cherished for ages. A stand for the people.

I come here today to announce I am running for the Northeast Assembly. The vacancy opened by the election of Nathan to the senate needs to be filled, and I, simply, would like to fill it. I would like to offer myself as not only a candidate of the RPP, but a candidate for all, to represent all.

For example, the Silly Party represents a wonderful tendency in our politics, that of transpartisanship and of openness, a desire and an ability to represent the unrepesented. That is admirable. I hope to work with the Silly Party throughout this campaign.

Together, will we progress. Together, we will win. Thank you.

Uoy knaht.

Niw lliw ew ,rehtegoT .ssergorp ew lliw ,rehtegoT .ngiapmac siht tuohguorht ytraP ylliS eht htiw krow ot epoh I .elbarimda si tahT .detnesepernu eht tneserper ot ytiliba dna erised a ,ssennepo fo dna noisserppo-non fo taht ,scitilop ruo ni ycnednet lufrednow a stneserper ytraP ylliS eht ,elpmaxe rof.

Lla tneserper ot ,lla rof etadidnac a dna ,PPR eht fo etadidnac a ylno ton sa flesym reffo ot ekil dluow I .ti llif ot ekil dluow ,ylpmis ,I dna ,dellif eb ot sdeen etanes eht ot nahtaN fo noitcele eht yb denepo ycnacav ehT .ylbmessA tsaehtroN eht rof gninnur ma I ecnuonna ot yadot ereh emoc I.

Elpoep eht rof dnats A .sega rof dehsirehc evah taht seulav eht dna ,ytilivic ,ycneced rof dnats A .tuo pu ,sdrawrof meht sgnirb dna ,elpoep eht sevres tnemnrevog]i/[ ruo]i[ erehw ,ecnanrevog esnes-nommoc rof dnats A .thgir si tahw rof dnats a -dnats a gnikam ma I taht ecnuonna ot yadot ereh emoc I .uoy ot flesym reffo ot yadot ereh emoc I .em htiw ereh uoy fo lla ees ot ma I deticxe woh ,srenetsaehtroN wollef ,sdneirf.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

Good luck! Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 03:57:22 PM »

I hope you'll be elected. (By giving your speech in Sillese, you have the SPA guys in your bag. Wink)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

Thank you both. I'll be taking questions now.

Won snoitseuq gnikat eb ll'I. Htob uoy knaht.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 06:04:22 PM »

Everyone should vote for you, if for no other reason then you took the time and effort to type all of that backwards. Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 06:07:02 PM »

Everyone should vote for you, if for no other reason then you took the time and effort to type all of that backwards. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:08:51 PM »

I am about to make a major step in the proliferation of the Sillese language.

http://www.imasuper.com/511/technology/tool-to-spell-backwards/

I use it for the longer sentences, but shorter stuff I do myself.

Vote for me because I'm honest. Smiley
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 06:10:41 PM »

I am about to make a major step in the proliferation of the Sillese language.

http://www.imasuper.com/511/technology/tool-to-spell-backwards/

I use it for the longer sentences, but shorter stuff I do myself.

Vote for me because I'm honest. Smiley
Thanks for that, I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my Java app.

FWIW, endorsed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 06:44:31 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2012, 02:07:32 PM by Solidarity! »

Here is my official campaign logo!

Thank you, Yelnoc. Your endorsement means much to me. I hope to build support from fellow members of the Silly Party.

Ytrap Yllis eht fo srebmem wollef morf troppus dliub ot epoh I. Em ot hcum snaem tnemesrodne ruoy. Conley, uoy knaht.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »

Thank you both. I'll be taking questions now.

Won snoitseuq gnikat eb ll'I. Htob uoy knaht.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 03:52:38 AM »

I can't support you because you type backwards.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 04:49:36 AM »
« Edited: November 23, 2011, 05:03:22 AM by Χahar »

Naisalta na rof taht naht esrow gnihtyna eb dluoc ereht taht em ot mees t'nseod ti. Efil fo yaw dna erutluc Naisalta ruo ot desoppo fleseno gniralced ot nika, Naisalta-nu dna citoirtap-nu s'ti; smodeerf Naisalta cisab ruo gnisoppo ot tnuomatnat si gnipyt sdrawkcab gnisoppo? Eerga uoy fo lla t'nod. Ylsuoires nekat eb t'nac noinipo sih taht em ot suoivbo ytterp smees ti.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 10:10:04 AM »

Naisalta na rof taht naht esrow gnihtyna eb dluoc ereht taht em ot mees t'nseod ti. Efil fo yaw dna erutluc Naisalta ruo ot desoppo fleseno gniralced ot nika, Naisalta-nu dna citoirtap-nu s'ti; smodeerf Naisalta cisab ruo gnisoppo ot tnuomatnat si gnipyt sdrawkcab gnisoppo? Eerga uoy fo lla t'nod. Ylsuoires nekat eb t'nac noinipo sih taht em ot suoivbo ytterp smees ti.

Siht ekil ti ssimssid ot hsiloof si ti. Tnatropmi si ti gnisu os, srekaeps egaugnal Esellis eht ot tuo hcaer tsum eW. Taerg dnal ruo sekam taht noisserpxe eerf eht fo ngis a si egaugnal Esellis eht fo esir eht. Eerga I!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 04:59:51 PM »

I'm glad to put forth some ideas:

-A more competitive Northeast. Our great cities- Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh- can and should be world centers for commerce and growth. Thus the regional government should promote the construction and relocation of companies to our region, and especially our cities.

-I would propose and support policies such as research and development credits, manufacturing deductions, and tax holidays for companies that innovate, produce, and add value to our communities by designing and producing the technologies of the future, here in our great region. We should even consider direct support to companies like Bell Labs that innovate.

-We should promote excellence in education by focusing on the core areas- reading, writing, mathematics, and the sciences- to produce the most educated and prepared people of the future- our children

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »

Would you define yourself as Conservative, Centre-Right, Centrist, Centre-Left, it Liberal?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »

I consider myself a conservative, which assumes a center-right form.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 10:19:51 PM »

Good, good... (strokes chin) I think yeh shall be endorsed...
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2011, 04:46:50 PM »

Good, good... (strokes chin) I think yeh shall be endorsed...

Here, have these Coney Island hot dogs!

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »

I strongly oppose the Music Piracy Decriminalization Act of 2011, which is currently is being debated by the Assembly. In my mind, it is wholly unfair to permit, without consequence, the upload and download of music without payment or permission from the relevant authorities. For most artists, producing their music is their livelihood, and to deprive them of that means is simply wrong. Revenues in the American music industry per capita are down 65% percent from their peak, and in absolute terms, sales have fallen from $14.6 billion in 1999 to a projected $9.2 billion in 2013.

The proposed legislation will not help stem this trend. Compounding its foolishness are the provisions that prohibit any person filing a suit in any case regarding these unauthorized downloads and mandating the repayment of fines issued. Such provisions may also very well be unconstitutional.

Simply put, such downloading constitutes a form of theft, and I cannot support any law that legalizes theft.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »

I support the proposed Removing That Stupid Parental Advisory Sticker From CDs Act of 2011.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »

Where do you stand on the proposed 'Absolutely Silly Act'?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2011, 11:04:59 PM by Apoiando »

Where do you stand on the proposed 'Absolutely Silly Act'?

It has my full support.

I also note with pleasure the failure of the Music Piracy Decriminalization Act of 2011.  I would also like to inform my supporters that the election will be on the 1st of December.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

You've run an active campaign and deserve my support.  Endorsed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 12:27:29 AM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 07:03:54 PM by Simfan34 »

You've run an active campaign and deserve my support.  Endorsed.

Many, many thanks.

In the interests of personal disclosure and general information, here is my "biography".

Simfan34 was born in Binghamton, New York to a Liberian immigrant father and an African-American mother. He attended the public schools in the area and played varsity soccer in high school, as well as playing trumpet in the All-State Orchestra and regional Jazz Band. He graduated as the salutatorian of his class.

He attended Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, and graduated with a degree in civil engineering. After college, he joined the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Coporation as a naval architectsand eventually became a corporate Vice-President. After that company's closure he founded the Philadelphia Maritime and Naval Company (PMNC), which built, for example, a number of ships for the U.S. Coast Guard, oil and gas tankers, large container ships, and two Staten Island ferries. PMNC was purchased by the STX Corporation of North Korea in 2008.

Since then, Simfan34 has served as a consultant for various companies in the shipbuilding industry, and an advocate for that industry, promoting reform and growth-productive policies. He was appointed Lieutenant-Governor of the Northeast Region by Governor Winfield in July 2011.

Simfan34 lives at 163 East 64th Street in New York City with his wife of 17 years, Emily, and his three children, Alexandra, Alastair, and Edward, aged 15, 12, and 9, respectively. In his spare time, he enjoys sailing, bicycle-riding, hiking, book- and map-collecting, and is an avid theatre and opera enthusiast. He is a long-time player of the piano, trumpet, and guitar, and is additionally fluent in French, Spanish, and Portuguese.

He absolutely refuses to eat a hot dog without relish and will refuse to touch a pizza less than half an inch thick.

See, I'm such a normal, human person!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »

I support the proposed Amendment to the regional constitution, the Residential Officeholder Act of 2011. It is crucial our officeholders be resident in our region- how else could they possibly be expected to represent us or understand our concerns?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies