Simfan for Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:56:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Simfan for Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Simfan for Governor  (Read 15547 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27:36 PM »

I support the proposed Vacancy Filling Act. Then we wouldn't have to wait so long.

Election starts in two days, folks!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2011, 06:21:23 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 06:58:46 PM by Simfan34 »

Simfan34 campaign rally, XL Arena, Hartford, Connecticut

Now, my friends, I know the polls may be a bit tight at this point in our election, but let me assure you, let me assure you all, we shall come out on top. Now we’ve fought, and I’ve put forth my positions, my platform, and what I intend to accomplish in my service to you all. You know where I stand. Meanwhile, my opponent has done none of that- indeed, he is not formally my opponent! Where does he stand? What does he support? What are his opinions on the pressing issues affecting our great region? We don’t know! The voters know that, and that is why we will win.

We’ve been successful in attracting support from across party lines: the Silly Party, the NCP, the JCP, and of course, my RPP. We’ve put forth a comprehensive platform; we’ve presented ideas that appeal to people across our political spectrum. We all stand here today because of the solutions I’ve offered, that can, and do, attract Northeasterners of all shades. That is why we will win.

So, my friends, let me tell you this: keep the sprit! Stay strong in your support! Do not waver; do not bend to the transient thoughts of the few! Get out and vote, if you have not! We will fight- and WE-WILL-BE-RIGHT!

Now, for our surprise speaker...
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2011, 06:53:24 PM »

Guys, we should have Simfan in the Assembly. Although I'm not of his party or political persuasion, he's smart, he's passionate, and he knows what he's talking about. I wouldn't normally endorse a member of the RPP for my old seat but I will gladly make an exception for Simfan. He's run a great campaign, has been honest and forthcoming on the issues, and his preference for deep-dish pizza makes him a true Freedom Fighter.

Simfan has my vote for the Assembly and deserves the confidence of the Northeast Region.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »

Guys, we should have Simfan in the Assembly. Although I'm not of his party or political persuasion, he's smart, he's passionate, and he knows what he's talking about. I wouldn't normally endorse a member of the RPP for my old seat but I will gladly make an exception for Simfan. He's run a great campaign, has been honest and forthcoming on the issues, and his preference for deep-dish pizza makes him a true Freedom Fighter.

Simfan has my vote for the Assembly and deserves the confidence of the Northeast Region.

Normally I'd support Dallas, but I have to say, campaigning tends to win my vote as long as we're not to far off on the issues.  In any case, I'm glad we see eye to eye on this Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2011, 07:24:17 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 07:42:35 PM by Simfan34 »

Nathan, Cincinnatus, thank you. You have my heartfelt gratitude.

You see, my friends, this is what I'm talking about. These two former opponents, who stand on across the aisle, are able to come together in support for us. The platform we've put forth appeals to all, as I said. That is why we will win.

We have the momentum!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2011, 09:47:13 PM by Simfan34 »

My friends, we need only three more votes. Let's make victory a reality. With only 40.9% turnout so far, this should be no tall order.

Victory is near!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2011, 09:07:06 PM »

Simfan, although I second-preferenced you for my vote, I commend you for an active campaign and hope you stay involved with regional politics here.  Job well done. Smiley
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2011, 09:32:26 PM »

Simfan, I know you would have made a fantastic Assemblyman and I know you will one day in the future. You ran a wonderful campaign.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »

I want to say thank you. Thank you all for the support you all have shown me during this campaign. Thank you for your kind words, your help, your presence. I would especially like those who crossed party lines to support my candidacy- a true sign of our transpartisan appeal.

Thank you especially, 20RP12 and Mr. Speaker, for your well-wishes. They are heartfelt and deeply appreciated by me.

Now, turning towards the future. Some of you may know I filed to run in the upcoming General Election. As of now, that bid is on hold. I will be taking soundings on what direction I will take regarding the election, but I right now to not expect to contest it all.

But I cannot thank you all enough. Thank you for standing with me. Even if we did not win, we have made a difference. Thank you.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »

After discussion with many individuals, I have decided to reverse my position and resume my bid for Northeast Assemblyman.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

Glad to hear it. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 11:20:36 AM »

On Liberty
Simfan34

In Atlasia, we enjoy a myriad of rights and freedoms as envisioned by our Founding Fathers and embedded in our constitution. These liberties are what make our country great. It is in the principles of my party, the RPP, to defend, extend, and maintain these liberties, to reduce excessive government and replace it with those rights. I stand with them, and I stand for them.

We, indeed, must temper a desire for liberty with concerns for respect, security, tolerance, and common sense. But we cannot go too far. Otherwise, we shall lose them. If elected, I shall give my all to ensure that does not happen.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 11:22:26 AM »

So are you defending and extending liberty, or tempering it with respect, security, and "common sense"?

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »

I'm not from your region, but I hope you do get elected. Active candidates are always of great value!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2011, 10:52:27 PM »

So are you defending and extending liberty, or tempering it with respect, security, and "common sense"?

I plan to extend it. I belive such extensions have to be tempered with "respect, security, and common sense", but I'd like to see them extended.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2011, 08:23:32 PM »

I would like to express my great dissatisfaction with not being listed on the ballot for the ongoing Northeastern election, despite being one of the first to declare. This is not right, and I am currently considering various means of recourse.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2011, 08:36:11 PM »

I would like to express my great dissatisfaction with not being listed on the ballot for the ongoing Northeastern election, despite being one of the first to declare. This is not right, and I am currently considering various means of recourse.
You certainly should - I don't know what Northeast law states, but the vote should be restarted or something. Whoever opened the vote should be held responsible.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »

I would file a lawsuit, but I don't know if our regional Chief Judicial Officer is available to hear cases.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »

I would file a lawsuit, but I don't know if our regional Chief Judicial Officer is available to hear cases.

Technically, I don't think Cincy should even be CJO anymore.  I would imagine his 6 months ended quite some time ago.  I could be wrong though..
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2011, 09:29:29 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2011, 09:32:36 PM by No Good Napoleon »

I'd be willing to defend the region in any dispute. His declaration post was vague and misleading.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2011, 09:37:35 PM »

I have to be fair and offer my honest opinion on this.

I am officially announcing my candidacy for the upcoming Northeast Regional general election- whether or not I am elected in the special election.

He did, in fact, declare his candidacy.  I would like to hopefully not see any legal cases for this mistake, but it definitely must be corrected.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »

You certainly should - I don't know what Northeast law states, but the vote should be restarted or something. Whoever opened the vote should be held responsible.

Simfan never actually announced his candidacy.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »

I am officially announcing my candidacy for the upcoming Northeast Regional general election- whether or not I am elected in the special election.

He did, in fact, declare his candidacy.  I would like to hopefully not see any legal cases for this mistake, but it definitely must be corrected.

That is an opinion. The phrase "in fact" shouldn't be used at all. Wink

The General Election is in February and an office ought to be specified. That is my opinion and I think it would hold up in a neutral court.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 09:52:57 PM »

That is an opinion. The phrase "in fact" shouldn't be used at all. Wink

The General Election is in February and an office ought to be specified. That is my opinion and I think it would hold up in a neutral court.

Hm.  Valid point.  Perhaps this should be brought to court, then.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2011, 09:55:10 PM »

Disappointing - I think it was obvious what his intent was, considering he's one of the few who has actually campaigned, rather than sit around and rely on party support.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies