Simfan for Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:58:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Simfan for Governor
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Simfan for Governor  (Read 15553 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »

Disappointing - I think it was obvious what his intent was, considering he's one of the few who has actually campaigned, rather than sit around and rely on party support.

I don't think anyone else did such a thing. Care to say which candidates you are talking about? If not, you ought to rescind your remarks.

If his intent was so obvious, he should have spoken up before the booth was opened.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »

Disappointing - I think it was obvious what his intent was, considering he's one of the few who has actually campaigned, rather than sit around and rely on party support.

I don't think anyone else did such a thing. Care to say which candidates you are talking about? If not, you ought to rescind your remarks.

If his intent was so obvious, he should have spoken up before the booth was opened.
Which other candidates have threads?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 10:10:18 PM »

Scott does off the top of my head. I'm still curious who the candidates sitting around doing nothing are. Willing to help me out?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »

Scott does off the top of my head. I'm still curious who the candidates sitting around doing nothing are. Willing to help me out?
I don't know, I haven't been paying attention.  Simfan's thread is the only one I have noticed.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »

Several Points;

Napoleon, there are a few people who will likely be elected based solely on party/faction support, despite their relative inactivity.  Also, I think his intent was pretty clear, though I could see a valid legal argument for either side.

To those who insist on joining the Northeast's discussion, threads aren't necessarily needed (though not discouraged) for certain Rep's who have shown themselves to be exemplary throughout their term (i.e. Scott).  So, just to be clear, I hope you're not taking a swipe at some of our more distinguished citizens.

This incident comes down to a simple error.  Snowstalker mistakenly inserted dallasfan's name, instead of Simfan's.  Accidents do happen, though, Simfan has the right to take legal action, if he deems it necessary.  Personally, I welcome a legal suit that might increase awaraness within the region.  Unfortunately, the availability, and the validity of Cinyc's over-extended term may come in question.  Of course, I don't think there's anyone better than Cinyc for the position, so I hope we take this into consideration, if this is in fact true.  
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »

I'm willing to help you out if you want me to post it here, or in PM. 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2011, 10:30:07 PM »

Whichever is preferable for you. I'll still be equally curious as to Tmthforu's response.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 10:31:51 PM »

Here we go again...

Simfan actively campaigned for this seat. There are many active Assemblymen, but I have seen few active campaigns going on. I'm not referring to any in general.

Its disappointing because Simfan campaigned hard for this seat, and he now probably won't get in. Please do not try to twist my words by suggesting my remarks were against certain other individuals who are also running.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 10:38:03 PM »

Whichever is preferable for you. I'll still be equally curious as to Tmthforu's response.

If we were electing on activity?  I would say Scott and wormy probably deserve to be re-elected.  RFK has continuously been re-elected, despite being removed from office, and remaining relatively inactive after swearing in again.  My sole reason for leaving Morgan off my ballot is his inactivity.  And I myself, have missed two votes I believe, even though I do appreciate homely's continued faith in me Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2011, 10:38:47 PM »

If his intent was so obvious, he should have spoken up byefore the booth was opened.
Here we go again...

Simfan actively campaigned for this seat. There are many active Assemblymen, but I have seen few active campaigns going on. I'm not referring to any in general.

Its disappointing because Simfan campaigned hard for this seat, and he now probably won't get in. Please do not try to twist my words by suggesting my remarks were against certain other individuals who are also running.
I'm not twisting any words around. You said there's candidates who are sitting around relying on party support. I'd like to know who they are so I don't make the mistake of voting for these individuals.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2011, 10:47:52 PM »

I'm not twisting any words around. You said there's candidates who are sitting around relying on party support. I'd like to know who they are so I don't make the mistake of voting for these individuals.
I'm sure.

Like in any race, Mideast included, many candidates work hard in the Assembly, and when it comes time for an election, rely on their party to get the votes out and get as many members elected. It happens on both sides - every election the Mideast RPP tries hard to get all of our candidates elected. It's more of a party effort to get them all elected, rather than each individual candidate. Simfan actually campaigned for this seat, and I commend him for that. I don't even really know most of the others in the Northeast Assembly, and I don't have anything negative to say about any of them. The only candidate my comment was specifically directed at was Simfan.

You are entitled to think whatever you want to about my comment - it doesn't matter to me. That's all I have to say.

Good luck, Simfan. I hope you win as a write-in. Hey, you're more than welcome to come to the Mideast. Cheesy Hopefully we'll be having a seat open up soon. Wink Wink
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2011, 11:01:56 PM »

JakePAC will donate $40,000 to charity right now if ya'll QUIT F**KING ARGUING.

I'm 20RP12 and I approve this message.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2011, 12:40:17 AM »

Well let me begin by thanking you all for the variety of opinions that you've all provided me with today, for they have been greatly useful in my considerations for what I do next.

As of now, I would prefer if the current election booth be closed and a re-vote be held; with my exclusion and Dallasfan65's inclusion, I think that there has been a significant distortion of the results. This is something I would like to leave to the judgement of our Governor. I do not want to sue our region. Nor will any action I take be tied to the results of the election: I do not want to be a "sore loser". This error was, by nature, unintentional, greatly unfair, yes, but unintentional nonetheless. A lawsuit, in my opinion, constitute an overreaction.

As for my intent, I will admit the language in my declaration was obscure and perhaps incorrect in the terms of formal declarations. However, I do feel my intent was clear:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The special election, of course, was the by-election to fill Nathan's seat due to his election to the Senate. This was for the Northeast Assembly. I was not elected, but I do not think that changed the meaning of what I was saying: had I intended to run for an office in February, I would have made that clear and specified which office I would be seeking. In this election, there is only one type of office being contested- Northeast Assemblyman.  Also, it would have not been nonsensical to refer to the February election as "upcoming" when a December election was closer. The Atlasian Heritage dictionary defines "upcoming" as "occurring soon; forthcoming", so I think that in the context of the word's definition, the only election I could have been referring to is this one. In addition, as some have pointed out, my campaigning  would also be a sign of my intent.

I apologize for not coming forth sooner, as I have been otherwise occupied and simply did not have time to check the voting booth, but specifically pertaining to Napoleon's comment, I do not know how I could have remarked on my placement on the ballot before the booth was opened- one usually doesn't expect these sorts of things to happen, much less be able to preempt them.

Thank you for your regards.
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2011, 09:39:56 AM »

JakePAC will donate $40,000 to charity right now if ya'll QUIT F**KING ARGUING.

I'm 20RP12 and I approve this message.

What is the matter with arguing? Certainly it is in bad taste if it is the recourse for every encounter between two people, but I think we've come across some very relevant and divisive issues. Arguing is for the better if it can resolve some uncertainty or dissonance. You shouldn't oppose it merely for the sake of concord between two people who are unlikely to reconcile with one another.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2011, 12:32:34 PM »

I didn't come here to hold hands and blow kisses.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »

I'm not sure what to make of this. Are you saying you've come to attack me?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »

I think he's just saying that he's not opposed to arguing when there's something worth being argued over.

FWIW, a court case on this would be useful to clarify the law.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2011, 02:19:10 PM »

I think he's just saying that he's not opposed to arguing when there's something worth being argued over.

FWIW, a court case on this would be useful to clarify the law.

Ah, I see. As I said before, I'd like to leave this issue to the Governor, but if a court case is needed to prevent future issues like this emerging, I will consider it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2011, 02:59:41 PM »

Simfan, your calm and well-founded approach to this matter is commendable. I hope your case will be clarified because it sets a precedent for the whole of Atlasia regarding how candidate declarations should be treated. I wish you luck anyway.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:18 PM »

Simfan, your calm and well-founded approach to this matter is commendable. I hope your case will be clarified because it sets a precedent for the whole of Atlasia regarding how candidate declarations should be treated. I wish you luck anyway.

^ This.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »

Of course not! I was simply reinforcing Homelycooking's excellent point. Personally, I'd have included you on the ballot. I just see it as your fault for declaring improperly. General elections don't take place in December per Northeast tradition. You could try to sue but I think it'd be impossible to win.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »

Of course not! I was simply reinforcing Homelycooking's excellent point. Personally, I'd have included you on the ballot. I just see it as your fault for declaring improperly. General elections don't take place in December per Northeast tradition. You could try to sue but I think it'd be impossible to win.

Glad to hear it! I do see how my comment would make the declaration difficult to understand, but I don't see how that could have led to the deduction you made.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2011, 06:44:36 PM »

For example, if you look up our elections on the Wiki, only gubernatorial elections are referred to as General elections. The Assembly hasn't always existed, remember.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »

Simfan, it appears you edited your ballot.  I realize you only did it to remove what you said about not being on the ballot, but please be careful, as editing invalidates your vote.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »

Simfan, it appears you edited your ballot.  I realize you only did it to remove what you said about not being on the ballot, but please be careful, as editing invalidates your vote.

Ah, I thought that editing the votes only invalidated it... stepping in it some more, I guess!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies