TPTTAA - Interview/Questions SPA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:12:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  TPTTAA - Interview/Questions SPA
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TPTTAA - Interview/Questions SPA  (Read 639 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 21, 2011, 11:17:10 PM »

As the largest, and, only currently active third party in Atlasia, do you believe the Silly Party has anything to contribute besides writing things backwards? Is it a real movement of political change or an annoyance to the political class that's only contribution is being "bothersome"?

?"emosrehtob" gnieb si noitubirtnoc ylno s'taht ssalc lacitilop eht ot ecnayonna na ro egnahc lacitilop fo tnemevom laer a ti sI ?sdrawkcab sgniht gnitirw sediseb etubirtnoc ot gnihtyna sah ytraP ylliS eht eveileb uoy od ,aisaltA ni ytrap driht evitca yltnerruc ylno ,dna ,tsegral eht sA
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:11:44 AM »

Well, I would hope that we would contribute something. Sillese is merely one form of communication used by our members at their own whims.

Also, I think if you look at the most recent Senate by-election, our candidate Yelnoc ran an active campaign, the first Silly Party campaign, and I'm proud of how well he did. We did not think we'd win and the fact that we had a chance until the late arrivals showed up really speaks to how well Yelnoc did running the first campaign and it proves to all of Atlasia that we're here to stay.

As for what we wish to contribute? Well, that's up to each individual member. We're neither a right or left party. We do want to prove that Atlasian political party structure is an unnecessary beast that only causes more issues. What with the JCP and the everlasting chairman and the RPP and their super duper secret forum... We provide a new approach. Everyone can be a leader or follower. The SPA is what you make of it. Besides, bothering the two established parties is fun. Who says that Atlasia should remain a two party system anyway? We believe there's room for an alternative.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 07:01:00 AM »

Given the wide range of views of members of the SPA, and the fast growth to third, do you think there is the possibility that the SPA could become the default option for all non JCP/RPPers in the entire game, and if so, has there been any effort to recruit those who currently classify as Independent, Other, POP, or UDL?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:25:59 AM »

Given the wide range of views of members of the SPA, and the fast growth to third, do you think there is the possibility that the SPA could become the default option for all non JCP/RPPers in the entire game, and if so, has there been any effort to recruit those who currently classify as Independent, Other, POP, or UDL?

I would hope so. That's certainly what we want to provide.

I haven't really gone on a big recruiting drive. I wanted people to join the SPA because they felt it was their natural fit. Obviously, since this is an all member leadership, hopefully, should the other members so desire, they can recruit their friends in the POP, UDL, or Others. Obviously, we want to maintain a distinct identity and I feel that is what has killed JCP and RPP opposition. The lack of truly being an alternative. That was a problem I experienced in the SDP. People said it was no different. Well, this is different. Very different. People who don't like the humor don't necessarily have to go about silly, but we certainly support our own in whatever they want to do and I encourage those who like the ideas or message we are putting forth to join.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:30:06 AM »

Do you think the SPA can last longer than a year?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »

Do you think the SPA can last longer than a year?
Of course.
.esruoc fO
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 10:11:06 AM »

What specifically drew you to the SPA
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »

For me at least, I thought it would be a fun little party that would die out after a short time, but clearly the Silly Party has a future ahead so I'm sticking with it. The idea of belonging to a party with no set ideology, rather a set desire to see a united Atlasia regardless of ideology is a great idea.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 02:12:25 PM »

Why do you think the SPA is better than the JCP or RPP
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »

Why do you think the SPA is better than the JCP or RPP

Partisan politics have divided this nation. The fights not only within the parties, but between the parties have caused a feel of tension. I understand that differences are going to exist in politics, but the hostility is unmatched in the history of this nation. We should be working for Atlasians, not to rub our track records in our opponents faces.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »

How could you solve partisan politics, however, by starting a new party?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 04:35:50 PM »

When you give people the option to have their own ideology without fear of having to deal with being constantly attacked for it, good things can and will happen.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 06:08:32 PM »

I would venture that it is not "party politics" in and of themselves that bother us, but "machine politics" which both the JCP and RPP are examples of. 
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 09:56:46 PM »

Two-fold. The SPA wanted to prove that the rancorous relationships some of us have suffered through over internal party politics is unnecessary and folks, the proof is in the pudding. Not only are we a non-partisan party filled with leftists, rightists and moderates and libertarians, we all co-exist together very well.

Second, it's not so much partisan politics we are fighting, though that certainly has no place with us, considering we're an eclectic group. But, we're fighting the internal party structures currently in place. You've got some dead third parties behind us and in front of us, you've got two parties whom we have serious structural objections to. One can get the impression that they just don't matter in either of the major parties. It's a complaint I've heard from SPA members over and over again. Well in the SPA, you matter because you can make it anything you want. No matter who you are.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies