Romney should...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:50:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney should...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney should...  (Read 1208 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:39:41 AM »

...just pay to have that ad with Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi played over and over.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:45:07 AM »

the 94 debate with Ted Kennedy is 20x worse
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »

the 94 debate with Ted Kennedy is 20x worse

But Gingrich isn't Richie McMoneybags.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »

He's going to lose the primary because he has too much dignity and pride to do something like that. He may as well drop out now. A GOP primary is backstabbing central. You can't be too snooty to get your hands bloody.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:05:14 AM »

He's going to lose the primary because he has too much dignity and pride to do something like that. He may as well drop out now. A GOP primary is backstabbing central. You can't be too snooty to get your hands bloody.

Perry and Bachmann are the backstabbers of the 2012 cycle.  The rest of the field has been more or less respectful to each other.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 03:36:46 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 03:38:26 PM by Politico »

...just pay to have that ad with Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi played over and over.

LOL If there was a video of Mitt Romney smoking crack with Willie Horton, it would not be as damaging as the Gingrich/Pelosi train-wreck...

I am sure people are chain-forwarding it by e-mail as we speak. It may be a good idea to track the view count on YouTube...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6n_-wB154
Current view count: 118,749
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:37:14 PM »

It is cute to see the feigned outrage over Newt's global warming commercial. It upsets some people, sure, but the only folks it seems to really upset are the supporters of other candidates who are manufacturing their own over-the-top emotions and nothing more.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 04:41:09 PM »

Please, this just screams of desperation if the Romney camp does this.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »

lol that would be genius, have that ad playing without any alterations whatsoever!  Gingrich would certainly repeat that laughably pathetic comment where he said something along the lines of quoting him completely in context was wrong
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 04:50:29 PM by Politico »

I think this would be damaging as a campaign still with a caption such as, "Agrees with Nancy Pelosi on Global Warming":

Heck, it looks like Newt has found his fourth wife!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 04:49:09 PM »

This would not be damaging in a campaign still with a caption such as, "Agrees with Nancy Pelosi on Global Warming":

I have been amazed by the intelligence and discourse from almost every one on this board... until I start reading your posts
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 04:54:47 PM by Politico »

This would not be damaging in a campaign still with a caption such as, "Agrees with Nancy Pelosi on Global Warming":

I have been amazed by the intelligence and discourse from almost every one on this board... until I start reading your posts

I presume you have seen the ad, right? Did you know that the organization that ad is backed by was founded by Al Gore and is still chaired by him to this day?

Go to wecansolveit.com, and hit "ABOUT US" on the bottom of the page. You will find this:

Founded and chaired by Al Gore, Nobel Laureate and former Vice President of the United States, The Climate Reality Project has more than 5 million members and supporters worldwide. It is guided by one simple truth: The climate crisis is real and we know how to solve it.

Source: http://climaterealityproject.org/about-us/

I hate to break it to you, but your boy Newt has been in bed with Al Gore AND Nancy Pelosi...Ouch. I am just the messenger. I am doing you a favor. It is better you find this out now rather than later, no?

My recommendation for Newt fans who are unhappy with all of Newt's baggage: Go back to Perry or give Santorum a try. At least they are not shacking up with Nancy Pelosi...
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »

I presume you have seen the ad, right? Did you know that the organization that ad is backed by was founded by Al Gore and is still chaired by him to this day?

Go to wecansolveit.com, and hit "ABOUT US" on the bottom of the page. You will find this:

Founded and chaired by Al Gore, Nobel Laureate and former Vice President of the United States, The Climate Reality Project has more than 5 million members and supporters worldwide. It is guided by one simple truth: The climate crisis is real and we know how to solve it.

I hate to break it to you, but your boy Newt has been in bed with Al Gore AND Nancy Pelosi...Ouch. I am just the messenger. I am doing you a favor. It is better you find this out now rather than later, no?

My recommendation: Go back to Perry or give Santorum a try. At least they are not shacking up with Nancy Pelosi...

It says 100% guaranteed,
you moron!

Mister, if you don't shut up,
I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass.

Ah, is there a problem here?
Can I help you, sir?

You bet you have a problem.
Your employee used profanity
and threatened me with violence.

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:15 PM »

Criticizng Gingrich for the ad is one thing, saying "looks like Newt has found his fourth wife" is immature and ad hominem  and has no place in a rational discussion
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »

My recommendation: Go back to Perry or give Santorum a try. At least they are not shacking up with Nancy Pelosi...

It says 100% guaranteed,
you moron!

Mister, if you don't shut up,
I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass.

Ah, is there a problem here?
Can I help you, sir?

You bet you have a problem.
Your employee used profanity
and threatened me with violence.

That was funny, but this was the best part:

Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »

Criticizng Gingrich for the ad is one thing, saying "looks like Newt has found his fourth wife" is immature and ad hominem  and has no place in a rational discussion

Lighten up, Francis.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »

And by the way, agreeing with Pelosi on ONE issue does NOT outweigh claiming to be to the left of Ted Kennedy on gay rights then COMPLETELY switching that position a couple years later

Gay rights
Abortion
Gun control

What other fundamental issues will your boy flip on?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »

Less then ten years ago.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_w9pquznG4&feature=related
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 05:01:42 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 05:03:20 PM by Politico »

And by the way, agreeing with Pelosi on ONE issue does NOT outweigh claiming to be to the left of Ted Kennedy on gay rights then COMPLETELY switching that position a couple years later

Gay rights
Abortion
Gun control

What other fundamental issues will your boy flip on?

Nothing dealing with economics and that's all I care about. Romney is ironclad on the issues that matter. My boy had to say what he had to say on social issues in order to get elected in Massachusetts, but everybody knows he's really hard-right on social issues. He's a Mormon, for Christ's sake. Do you really think they give a rat's ass about gay rights? And I could care less about his hard-right beliefs on social issues, anyway, because he knows what the job is really about. The only time social issues matter is when it comes time to nominate somebody for the Supreme Court. And Romney is going to nominate Republican Judges. It's that simple. I don't know what you people are so worried about. You would really rather get four more years of Obama?
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:19 PM »

The thought that he is socially conservative due to his faith and would abandon his principles from his faith to score a political point is more disturbing then anything else
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 05:04:56 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 05:06:52 PM by Politico »

The thought that he is socially conservative due to his faith and would abandon his principles from his faith to score a political point is more disturbing then anything else

Sometimes you gotta say and do things you don't want to do in order to get the job done, or to even get the job to begin with. You cannot tell me you have never personally engaged in such activity.

Do you really think somebody could be elected in Massachusetts without being moderate on abortion rights and gay rights? I think not. Do those issues really matter in the grand scheme of things? No, not from the position of Governor of Massachusetts. He was elected to be head of the executive branch of his state, not to be Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »

It shows a character issue- that he is running for the office, not because of an ideology. Say what you want about Newt, Bachmann, Santorum, etc - they are running because of ideas they want to implement.  Mitt "Running for office for Pete's Sake" Romney adjusts his ideology for he office, doesnt run for office beause of his ideology.  That makes many of us uncomfortable
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

And by the way- the screen name of the author of this thread sums up my position as well
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:59 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2011, 05:18:02 PM by Politico »

It shows a character issue- that he is running for the office, not because of an ideology. Say what you want about Newt, Bachmann, Santorum, etc - they are running because of ideas they want to implement.  Mitt "Running for office for Pete's Sake" Romney adjusts his ideology for he office, doesnt run for office beause of his ideology.  That makes many of us uncomfortable

Mitt's ideology on economic issues is as pure as you will ever find this side of Milton Friedman. And that's the most important thing from the head of the executive branch, especially right now in 2011/2012. This is not 2000/2004. Social issues cannot become a distraction by partisan passions becoming too hot. There is too much at stake. We need somebody in office who really knows economics and business, and can speak with authority to business leaders. Mitt is the one with that kind of experience.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »

It shows a character issue- that he is running for the office, not because of an ideology. Say what you want about Newt, Bachmann, Santorum, etc - they are running because of ideas they want to implement.  Mitt "Running for office for Pete's Sake" Romney adjusts his ideology for he office, doesnt run for office beause of his ideology.  That makes many of us uncomfortable

Mitt's ideology on economic issues is as pure as you will ever find this side of Milton Friedman. And that's the most important thing from the head of the executive branch, especially right now in 2011/2012. This is not 2000/2004. Social issues cannot become a distraction by partisan passions becoming too hot. There is too much at stake. We need somebody in office who really knows economics and business, and can speak with authority to business leaders. Mitt is the one with that kind of experience.

I'm sure being a wealthy venture capitalist will play very well nowadays...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies