Supreme Court issues split decision on Arizona immigration law
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:28:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Supreme Court issues split decision on Arizona immigration law
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Supreme Court issues split decision on Arizona immigration law  (Read 5243 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »

Verify workers before they are hired. Increase enforcement to ensure proper verification is happening and of course make e verify available to help businesses and employers comply.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »

CARL, I'm familiar with the Hibbel decision and how it applies in law enforcement. I'm tired so I'll simply note that your applying it to immigration law, particularly AZ's, is dead wrong as usual. Good night Smiley
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »

Verify workers before they are hired. Increase enforcement to ensure proper verification is happening and of course make e verify available to help businesses and employers comply.

So, if alien s illegally present in this country are employed off the books as drug smugglers, prostitutes, etc, its ok since those lines of business don't use eVerity?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »

Then catch the drug smugglers as you would regularly ( prostitution shouldn't be a crime) and then deport them. The US already departs criminals at high rates and that should continue. Of course the magnitude of the crime should be taken into account as well.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 03:05:19 PM »

So, if alien s illegally present in this country are employed off the books as drug smugglers, prostitutes, etc, its ok since those lines of business don't use eVerity?

I do wonder why you keep acting as if the majority of illegals come here to commit other crimes.

Then catch the drug smugglers as you would regularly ( prostitution shouldn't be a crime) and then deport them. The US already departs criminals at high rates and that should continue. Of course the magnitude of the crime should be taken into account as well.

Agreed, and not just prostitution.  We should legalize, regulate, and tax the prostitution and recreational drug industries.  (Not all drugs, but the detrimental side effects from the international drug trade in marijuana, cocaine, and opiods combined with it being more cost effective to treat the use of those drugs as a medical problem rather than a criminal problem mean that I favor legalizing those.)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:44 PM »

I do wonder why you keep acting as if the majority of illegals come here to commit other crimes.

Agreed, and not just prostitution.  We should legalize, regulate, and tax the prostitution and recreational drug industries.  (Not all drugs, but the detrimental side effects from the international drug trade in marijuana, cocaine, and opiods combined with it being more cost effective to treat the use of those drugs as a medical problem rather than a criminal problem mean that I favor legalizing those.)

I never said anhtni ng about a majorityh.

However, a substantial number do commit crimes while illegally in the United States. 

You seem to want to cover up those crimes.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 12:47:28 PM »

I never said anhtni ng about a majorityh.

However, a substantial number do commit crimes while illegally in the United States. 

You seem to want to cover up those crimes.

No, I want to law enforcement to focus on serious crimes rather than being a pack of Javerts.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies