Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 05:21:50 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Questions and Answers
| |-+  The Atlas
| | |-+  So Now This Constitutes A Post Worthy Of Being Mod'ed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: So Now This Constitutes A Post Worthy Of Being Mod'ed?  (Read 2225 times)
shua
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: -4.52

P P P
View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 10:24:25 pm »
Ignore

There is probably some bias, but you'll get further in your argument anyways by pointing out stupidity in more subtle ways.  Plus, TBF to Badger, it doesn't look like you understood what he was saying.

Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 10:30:00 pm »
Ignore

There is probably some bias, but you'll get further in your argument anyways by pointing out stupidity in more subtle ways.  Plus, TBF to Badger, it doesn't look like you understood what he was saying.

Actually I don't think Badger understood what I was saying since he was responding to me pointing out that most of the "tax cuts" were actually tax subsidies(aka tax credits). Deductions and Credits are not the same thing let alone reductions in marginal rates.

And to watch someone claim that there were only $18 billion in *tax credits* and then immediately afterward point to a $117 billion dollar *tax credit* is the height of hilarity.

Oh and by the way, I've gotten hit by subtly pointing out something before as well. I got infraction points because "I implied" something I didn't even say. So how would people on here like to be mod'ed by things they never even said? Well that has happened to me as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:37:25 pm by Wonkish1 »Logged
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 10:46:00 pm »
Ignore

The worst injustice in the world happened here tonight: A three-paragraph long insult to Obepo was edited and one infraction point was issued to someone who has been talked to in the past by at least one moderator, maybe more, about needlessly attacking other people.

Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 10:49:52 pm »
Ignore

The worst injustice in the world happened here tonight: A three-paragraph long insult to Obepo was edited and one infraction point was issued to someone who has been talked to in the past by at least one moderator, maybe more, about needlessly attacking other people.

What's your point? And what does Obepo have to do with this?

How about the fact that I send you a PM inquiring into your decision to mod the post and you determined that I wasn't even worth the time to reply back. How many other people don't even get a response when they inquire into their mod'ed posts?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:51:26 pm by Wonkish1 »Logged
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 11:03:40 pm »
Ignore

How about the fact that I send you a PM inquiring into your decision to mod the post and you determined that I wasn't even worth the time to reply back. How many other people don't even get a response when they inquire into their mod'ed posts?

Well, I wasn't going to bring this up, but since you brought up the topic:

You sent me three messages over the course of one hour demanding I address this situation when I wasn't actively posting or even looking at the Atlas. Just because you spend every free minute of your time here doesn't mean I do.

The third message, which I did finally respond to, contained a threat that I had better respond to you or else you'll do "something I won't like." Which, I suppose, was alluding to the idea that you'd start this thread.

I thought the idea of you threatening me hilarious, so I intentionally chose to ignore your subsequent messages.

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:02 pm »
Ignore

Wonkish if it wasn't for Jesus Christ you'd be getting a sh!tload of a lot more posts modded since that's the reason I'm not combing through your posts looking for ones to report like I used to do before I was filled with the Holy Spirit. Quit whining.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:29 pm »
Ignore

Well, I wasn't going to bring this up, but since you brought up the topic:

You sent me three messages over the course of one hour demanding I address this situation when I wasn't actively posting or even looking at the Atlas. Just because you spend every free minute of your time here doesn't mean I do.

The third message, which I did finally respond to, contained a threat that I had better respond to you or else you'll do "something I won't like." Which, I suppose, was alluding to the idea that you'd start this thread.

I thought the idea of you threatening me hilarious, so I intentionally chose to ignore your subsequent messages.

That wasn't a threat. If I just wanted to score some points I would have posted this thread immediately afterward. Instead I wanted to work it out with you and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I waited practically 3 hours before posting this and the entire time you were online(and after I posted this you immediately fired of a snide PM so don't tell me you weren't around). Furthermore, you still haven't PMed me to try to address my inquiry so what does that say?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:17:47 pm by Wonkish1 »Logged
President John Hay
clarence
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 11:09:56 pm »
Ignore

I have also asked why certain posts have got me spankings and gotten no reply

black and white band photos
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 11:10:32 pm »
Ignore

I know people have got sick of this but it's the only reply to Wonkish that seems appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwb9NePt94

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 11:12:09 pm »
Ignore

Wonkish if it wasn't for Jesus Christ you'd be getting a sh!tload of a lot more posts modded since that's the reason I'm not combing through your posts looking for ones to report like I used to do before I was filled with the Holy Spirit. Quit whining.

For the last several weeks I have avoided attacking people personally. Go ahead and point to any post of mine that is an attack directed specifically at someone after the first week of November. You wont! Hence why I'm now getting mod'ed for attacking people's posts(instead of them).

And I knew someone was going through my posts before.
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 11:13:10 pm »
Ignore

I know people have got sick of this but it's the only reply to Wonkish that seems appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLwb9NePt94

Wow cute Roll Eyes
Former Moderate
Mr. Moderate
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 11:30:13 pm »
Ignore

I waited practically 3 hours before posting this and the entire time you were online. Furthermore, you still haven't PMed me to try to address my inquiry so what does that say?

lol, waited almost 3 hours

Just because the site says someone is online does not mean they are actively reading the site. I frequently leave Atlas tabbed open.

Anyway, if it will make you happy, I will change the reason for moderation from "Personal Attack" to "Trolling." I'm not restoring the post, and I'm not taking away the 1 (eye-rolling smiley face goes here) infraction point.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 11:31:16 pm »
Ignore

Ct'un scandaaaale!

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 11:33:45 pm »
Ignore

Don't you have some multi-million dollar bank accounts to go manage instead of freaking out over getting a whole 1% closer to being banned from an internet forum?  You're not even half-way there yet, but if this thread is any indication, the next few months are going to be fuuuuuunnn....

Real America demands to know.
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 11:35:57 pm »
Ignore

I waited practically 3 hours before posting this and the entire time you were online. Furthermore, you still haven't PMed me to try to address my inquiry so what does that say?

lol, waited almost 3 hours

Just because the site says someone is online does not mean they are actively reading the site. I frequently leave Atlas tabbed open.

Anyway, if it will make you happy, I will change the reason for moderation from "Personal Attack" to "Trolling." I'm not restoring the post, and I'm not taking away the 1 (eye-rolling smiley face goes here) infraction point.

But it wasn't trolling either! Look you can keep on advertising that your not an impartial mod all you want.
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 11:37:36 pm »
Ignore

But it wasn't trolling either! Look you can keep on advertising that your not an impartial mod all you want.

He's actually a former Republican.

"I have become entangled in my own data, and my conclusion stands in direct contradiction to the initial idea from which I started. Proceeding from unlimited freedom, I end with unlimited despotism. I will add, however, that there can be no solution of the social formula except mine."
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 11:40:03 pm »
Ignore

Don't you have some multi-million dollar bank accounts to go manage instead of freaking out over getting a whole 1% closer to being banned from an internet forum?  You're not even half-way there yet, but if this thread is any indication, the next few months are going to be fuuuuuunnn....

Brokerage accounts and bank accounts aren't the same thing. I've stated before on here that I've had more free time lately. The work load is starting to pick up a little bit right now.

And I'm not freaking out. I'm actually quite happy at the moment. And I'm just illustrating a point and clearly I have done a good job at it if people can't actually point out where I'm wrong and instead have to act like "what's the big deal" that your getting your posts mod'ed at a higher standard than all of us. And this isn't the only time either I've mentioned this to numerous mods over several posts.
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 11:40:29 pm »
Ignore

And that matters why?
Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
Saint Helena

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 11:42:11 pm »
Ignore

And that matters why?

Maybe I read an inference (specifically of political bias) that was not there, who knows.

What I am I doing awake right now anyway? Ah, yes. I remember now.

Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 11:44:30 pm »
Ignore

And that matters why?

Maybe I read an inference (specifically of political bias) that was not there, who knows.

What I am I doing awake right now anyway? Ah, yes. I remember now.

Well do you agree with the mod'ed action? If you do we can start holding your posts to the standard of attacking the post instead of the person as worthy of infraction points.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2011, 12:09:07 am »
Ignore

From Dave himself:

Personal Attacks: Personal attacks include extraneous words in a post that demean the poster you are debating, such as I disagree, you "*$#" (fill in the blank) or "I'm not sure that you can comprehend this, but ..."  All personal attacks are deleted when reported.  Veiled or subtle attacks will also be deleted when reported. 

Profanity and Vulgarity: Please refrain from using profanity and vulgarity.  Such posts are subject to deletion or modification when reported.

IMO, Mr. Mod was being pretty lenient; if I had that post reported on one of my boards, I would have definitely given it more than a single point.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2011, 12:13:36 am »
Ignore

From Dave himself:

Personal Attacks: Personal attacks include extraneous words in a post that demean the poster you are debating, such as I disagree, you "*$#" (fill in the blank) or "I'm not sure that you can comprehend this, but ..."  All personal attacks are deleted when reported.  Veiled or subtle attacks will also be deleted when reported.  

Profanity and Vulgarity: Please refrain from using profanity and vulgarity.  Such posts are subject to deletion or modification when reported.

IMO, Mr. Mod was being pretty lenient; if I had that post reported on one of my boards, I would have definitely given it more than a single point.

I didn't personally attack him tough! And any notion that I did is a lie.

Also don't act like Mods are enforcing any sense of profanity. Yeah right! A small degree of profanity goes on here multiple times a day.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:17:45 am by Wonkish1 »Logged
Joe Republic
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2011, 12:17:14 am »
Ignore

Look, the forum is generally governed by the Terms of Service, which every poster agreed to when they first registered.  However, each moderator has different levels of judgement about reported posts, mainly because - believe it or not - we're actually individual human beings, and not the Borg.  To cite a popular example, Inks reports and infracts profanity whenever he sees it on the boards he moderates; the rest of us don't give enough of a sh**t to bother.

So my point is that it's difficult to find a single unified 'policy' on pretty much anything when it comes to moderation around here.  You can complain about your 1 point infraction and weep for humanity all you want, but nothing will come of it unless you get Dave directly involved.  But FYI, you'd have an easier time getting God to answer a prayer than that happening.

Real America demands to know.
Wonkish1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2011, 12:20:43 am »
Ignore

Look, the forum is generally governed by the Terms of Service, which every poster agreed to when they first registered.  However, each moderator has different levels of judgement about reported posts, mainly because - believe it or not - we're actually individual human beings, and not the Borg.  To cite a popular example, Inks reports and infracts profanity whenever he sees it on the boards he moderates; the rest of us don't give enough of a sh**t to bother.

So my point is that it's difficult to find a single unified 'policy' on pretty much anything when it comes to moderation around here.  You can complain about your 1 point infraction and weep for humanity all you want, but nothing will come of it unless you get Dave directly involved.  But FYI, you'd have an easier time getting God to answer a prayer than that happening.

But I didn't attack Badger. You can run around trying to justify, excuse, etc. all you want, but that doesn't change that fact. Now I made my point. Clearly people have been unable to show how I attacked Badger in **4 pages** of this thread. Mr. Moderate can do what he wants, but this evidence stays for future reference.
Bacon King
Moderators
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 12:29:34 am »
Ignore

From Dave himself:

Personal Attacks: Personal attacks include extraneous words in a post that demean the poster you are debating, such as I disagree, you "*$#" (fill in the blank) or "I'm not sure that you can comprehend this, but ..."  All personal attacks are deleted when reported.  Veiled or subtle attacks will also be deleted when reported. 

Profanity and Vulgarity: Please refrain from using profanity and vulgarity.  Such posts are subject to deletion or modification when reported.

I didn't personally attack him tough! And any notion that I did is a lie.

Also don't act like Mods are enforcing any sense of profanity. Yeah right! A small degree of profanity goes on here multiple times a day.

"Wow that is absolutely hilarious. The funny thing is that you don't even realize how stupid your post just was,"
"I'm debating putting your post on the ignorance and stupidity thread."
"You don't even realize the $hit you post is completely contradictory within 2 paragraphs."
"Way to embarrass yourself in your attempt to try to make me look bad."

Each of those sentences is quite clearly intended to demean the intelligence whoever it was you were arguing with. That is indeed a personal attack, my friend, just like Dave's second example that I quoted.

I strongly advise you to just let this go and accept the single silly infraction point. Making a big deal about this isn't going to do you any favors.

And on profanity (typed this up before you edited your post, adding this now); I don't know what other mods do but I don't personally do anything about profanity unless it's in a thread title or if someone reports it (and even then, I won't infract for profanity unless it's something waaaay excessive).

I would probably have given you two points for each of the four lines I quoted above, so eight points total for personal attacks, and nothing for the profanity. But that's just me; I look particularly harshly on personal attacks no matter who's saying it to whom. But that's just my take on it. Like I said, be glad you only got a single point for this from a nice mod and let it go.

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout