Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 11:30:58 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Will Palin endorse Snowe if there is a primary challenge?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: ?
Yes   -3 (9.1%)
No   -30 (90.9%)
Show Pie Chart
Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Will Palin endorse Snowe if there is a primary challenge?  (Read 2229 times)
Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:22:14 pm »
Ignore

This thought just crossed my mind. Palin backed Jane Norton and Kelly Ayotte over their Tea Party challengers, and I was wondering if she would endorse Snowe, as well. I may be reading too much into it, but Palin appears to be a feminist when it comes to choosing candidates for office. Could she endorse Snowe, as well, over a Tea Party challenger?

Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:48 pm »
Ignore

Endorsing a long-time incumbent would rather undermine Palin's credibility as an "outsider".

While there were also some personal issues at play there, Palin wasn't feminist enough to endorse Murkowski over Miller.

Though not necessarily tea partiers, neither Norton nor Ayotte could be considered Moderate Heroes/ "RINOs" in the way that Snowe can and has been. Ayotte was still a pro-life conservative, and she used tea party language in railing against taxes and spending.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:18 pm »
Ignore

no
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 09:00:48 pm »
Ignore

Don't be ridiculous. Palin only endorsed Ayotte and Norton because their opponents were male and the women were "outsiders" (Ayotte not so much anymore). Snowe is establishment.

Mr. Morden
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 09:06:46 pm »
Ignore

Have people already forgotten Palin's endorsement of Perry over Hutchison in Texas?

HOG & Blondie: A Tale of Atlas Future

What is your opinion of this thread?

Watch Dave being briefed by the mods.

Being a moderator is basically like one giant party.  Except you're the one ruining the party and everyone hates you.
Psychic Octopus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 02:11:46 am »
Ignore

Have people already forgotten Palin's endorsement of Perry over Hutchison in Texas?

Hmm, I did in fact. That seems so long ago.

Don't be ridiculous. Palin only endorsed Ayotte and Norton because their opponents were male and the women were "outsiders" (Ayotte not so much anymore). Snowe is establishment.

No need to get snipppy. I was just asking a simple question on what the forum felt. Personally, I think that Palin would endorse the challenger, I was just wondering where th forum was on this.

Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 04:52:45 am »
Ignore

No, not only it wouldn't make sense for her ideologically, but it could even backfire considering Maine is a blue State where Palin shouldn't be extremely popular.

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
Torie
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 08:57:26 am »
Ignore

Predicting anything Palin will do in my opinion is a futile exercise.

Rowan
RowanBrandon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 09:57:23 am »
Ignore

I love how a former vice-presidential candidate is somehow an "outsider."
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2010, 10:01:17 am »
Ignore

No need to get snipppy.

No, you'd know if a gay man is being snippy if your eyes were being scratched out. Smiley

Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2010, 10:11:02 am »
Ignore

It's because Hutchinson is a moderate pro-choicer.

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 11:35:38 am »
Ignore

No, not only it wouldn't make sense for her ideologically, but it could even backfire considering Maine is a blue State where Palin shouldn't be extremely popular.

Well, that's what they said about O'Donnell.Tongue

"Human beings are not much. But they may still be much more."
nhmagic
azmagic
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2010, 11:56:17 am »
Ignore

It depends - if Maine CD2 is saying yay Olympia! then Palin will endorse her - if its polling well for a challenger she won't.  Palin actually has ancestral ties to the state.
Antonio V
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -4.87

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »
Ignore

...and indeed she lost. Tongue Though I think in this case Palin was the last of her problems, to be fair.

HashCAN     americans saw the EP elections and people cringing at Europeans being morons and electing Nazis; so they massively said "NO" and decided to prove that they're still bigger morons

"A reformist is someone who realizes that, when you bang your head on a wall, it's the head that breaks rather than the wall."

Peppino, from the movie Baaria
nclib
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 05:12:37 pm »
Ignore

This thought just crossed my mind. Palin backed Jane Norton and Kelly Ayotte over their Tea Party challengers, and I was wondering if she would endorse Snowe, as well. I may be reading too much into it, but Palin appears to be a feminist when it comes to choosing candidates for office. Could she endorse Snowe, as well, over a Tea Party challenger?

Please don't confuse supporting some women candidates with being a feminist. The right has pretended to "reclaim" feminism after years of demonizing it.

As for Snowe, Palin will not endorse her, as the latter is considerably more moderate than Norton, Ayotte, or Hutchison.

[George W. Bush] has shattered the myth of white supremacy once and for all. -- Congressman Charles Rangel (D-NY)

"George Bush supports abstinence. Lucky Laura."
- sign seen at the March for Women's Lives, 4/25/04

wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

Political Matrix
E: 4.52, S: -1.57

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 06:02:43 pm »
Ignore

Palin only endorses pro-life candidates, so the answer is no, with 100% certainty.
Senator Libertas
Libertas
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.48, S: -9.22

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »
Ignore

...and indeed she lost. Tongue Though I think in this case Palin was the last of her problems, to be fair.

Maine is not Delaware. It is a state that has strong populist independent anti-establishment roots.
Holmes
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 06:22:53 pm »
Ignore

Whether or not Maine has anti-establishment roots, it is not anymore. Collins, Snowe, Pingree, and Michaud will always be comfortably re-elected.

Badger
badger
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 01:02:11 pm »
Ignore

Hell no. If there is any remotely credible (as in even approaching Christine O'Donnell "credibility") she'll back it. If by some miracle there isn't a serious right wing challenge to Snowe, Palin will still NEVER endorse Snowe.

Your self-serving slacktivism is propelling America to new heights.
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Burkina Faso

Political Matrix
E: -8.45, S: -4.26

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:16 pm »
Ignore

D'aww, this was the first topic I ever posted in.

A-Bob
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 1.13

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 11:39:48 pm »
Ignore

Palin never endorsed in Colorado. Everyone just buzzed up news from the Norton camp that she would so everyone thought she did. They kept it running through May and June. "It's coming. Almost here. Probably tomorrow. Very soon".

Palin stayed out because she was torn between endorsing a tea party candidate and a woman.

morgieb
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 07:25:34 am »
Ignore

No. Didn't she endorse Miller over Murkwoski, ftr?
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 12:08:45 pm »
Ignore

No. Didn't she endorse Miller over Murkwoski, ftr?

Yeah, but it wasn't just because Miller is a Teeper and Murky isn't. 99% because of the long and nasty history between Palin and Murky.

Also, this is a case where another uber-Teeper, Paul LePage, has endorsed Snowe. You think Scott D'Amboise, who'd get curbstomped anyways in a GE, would want Sarah Palin endorsing him? I don't think so.

7.35, 3.65

« Les plus nobles principes du monde ne valent que par l’action.  » - Charles de Gaulle

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout