who will win - MA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:05:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  who will win - MA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: who will win
Scott Brown

Democratic nominee

other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: who will win - MA  (Read 5207 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: December 01, 2011, 07:58:45 PM »
« edited: December 01, 2011, 08:04:00 PM by Nathan »

The YouGov poll was also a UMass poll so I'm not sure what you mean by 'waiting for a UMass poll'.

I'd say that this race is somewhere between Tilt and Lean D right now, all things considered, but who knows what might change.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »

The YouGov poll was also a UMass poll.

I'd say that this race is somewhere between Tilt and Lean D right now, all things considered, but who knows what might change.

It was done in coordination with YouGov, so forgive me for being doubtful. Brown would have needed an oops moment to drop 8 points in a month, and as Sabato said today both candidates are running largely flawless campaigns.

It might just have to do with the relative number of undecideds this far out. Plus, it's Massachusetts. If both candidates run flawless campaigns then all else being equal things tend to break for the Democrat. Brown's incumbency advantage is why I'm saying this is really only Tilt D or so at this stage. We're a long way off yet.

I'm not sure my university even does polls out of coordination with other groups anyway.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »

If Romney is leading the Republican ticket, Brown will probably pull it out. If it's Newt, he'll have less-than-even odds of winning. If it's one of the teabaggers, he'll lose.

I think you might be overestimating Romney's continued popularity in Massachusetts.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »

It matters when it's somebody with the incredibly cold and unlikeable image of Martha Coakley doing it. Somehow, I can't think why, but I doubt that a year out from the election anybody at all other than krazen and possibly Warren herself will remember it come the actual vote. Huge difference between simply not actively following the Red Sox and explicitly insulting their fans and one of their star players the way Coakley did.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies