Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:59:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which is the most absurd objective proposed by Newt Gingrich?
Putting mirrors in outerspace to light highways

Colonizing the moon for resources such as moon rocks

Repealing child labor laws so children can spend time in school being janitors rather than learning

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 81

Author Topic: Why Gingrich is Bad (and Romney is Awesome): A Politico Megathread Spectacular  (Read 40200 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 01, 2011, 07:14:23 PM »

Bu-

Meh, what's the use?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »

Mr. Morden, could you combine all of these threads into one, Mega "Gingrich Attack Articles by Politico" thread?  This is becoming spam.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »

I luv u 4evar, Bacon!
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »

Folks, you cannot make this up: The Gingrich Doodles:

http://www.slate.com/slideshows/news_and_politics/gingrichs-doodles.html

Look at those doodles and tell me that man belongs anywhere near the White House...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

LMFAO
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »

Are you sure about that? Santorum or Perry winning would give the momentum to make it a race in South Carolina, where they would likely draw most of their support from Gingrich, turning what is currently a two man race there into a three person race. Gingrich winning Iowa would solidify his position as a frontrunner and make it essentially a two-person race in South Carolina and Florida. While Romney still would have a shot, I think it'd be hard for him to win either against only Gingrich. Meh.

I didn't realize that we weren't working under the shared assumption that after Iowa, Gingrich will be a non-factor. He's squandered his chance at victory there and at this point he'll be lucky if he finishes fifth.

Gingrich doesn't have the money, the organization, the party support, or the endurance to withstand a poor performance in Iowa. If no one else breaks out, he may continue to draw double-digit support in the early Southern contests, but  I can't imagine his presence being much of an obstacle to a surging Santorum or Perry.

He could be enough to split the conservative vote in South Carolina like Thompson did to Huckabee last cycle, allowing McCain to win.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 12:01:33 PM »

Any particular reason you feel a need to attack "us"?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies