RPP December Christmas/Holiday Ball (Voting on Dissolution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:57:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  RPP December Christmas/Holiday Ball (Voting on Dissolution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: RPP December Christmas/Holiday Ball (Voting on Dissolution)  (Read 17669 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »

I'm not operating on incorrect information.

Maybe, maybe not, but others clearly are in this process and your constant suggestions "someone just introduce this" or "someone just do that" as if trying to encourage someone to do this as a rogue agent aren't going to work. I can assure you such an endeavour will be more likely to fail. For this reason and the the bylaw's singular use, your encouragement of such sends shivers down my spine at the thought that someone could introduce a malformed text. Lets say it lacked the clause that makes our dissolution conditional on the JCP dissolution or maybe some other issue is present that has been expressed as a concern, and thus it were to fail while waisting the bylaw in the process. My responses are just as much aimed at informing those ignorant of these important details why caution is necessary in response to your constant and annoying demands. You'll get what you get, when you get it.

Just do it yourself if you're so concerned about getting it right. And I find this whole "singular use" thing, and your assertion that any motion can destroy the entire process, very stupid. Why would anyone put in such a silly clause in the first place?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2012, 02:12:32 AM »

The preposed text you had posted here. I had been trying to get people to review it for improvements. Finally that start to occur today. You sould check the respective threads on the private forum. I haven't seen you post in them on this matter.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2012, 02:29:01 AM »

I'm not operating on incorrect information.

Maybe, maybe not, but others clearly are in this process and your constant suggestions "someone just introduce this" or "someone just do that" as if trying to encourage someone to do this as a rogue agent aren't going to work. I can assure you such an endeavour will be more likely to fail. For this reason and the the bylaw's singular use, your encouragement of such sends shivers down my spine at the thought that someone could introduce a malformed text. Lets say it lacked the clause that makes our dissolution conditional on the JCP dissolution or maybe some other issue is present that has been expressed as a concern, and thus it were to fail while waisting the bylaw in the process. My responses are just as much aimed at informing those ignorant of these important details why caution is necessary in response to your constant and annoying demands. You'll get what you get, when you get it.

Just do it yourself if you're so concerned about getting it right. And I find this whole "singular use" thing, and your assertion that any motion can destroy the entire process, very stupid. Why would anyone put in such a silly clause in the first place?

It is not about me or what I think is "right". You still don't get it and you never will, bgwah. The way this isn't done right is if someone's concerns aren't addressed and thus an Aye vote becomes a Nay vote. How would "doing it myself" ensure that doesn't happen? Roll Eyes

I wrote the bylaw, with only some minor changes and corrections by others. I did base it off the contributions of multiple members ahead of time. The singular use, the "shelf-life" clause, and the like were my idea. I have communicated my feelings regarding this despicable procedure and how I view it treats party members. If the RPP isn't dissolved for some reason, this shall not be a part of it's future. That is why I included it in there.

If you continue to criticize my leadership style and how the RPP does business, I will have to ask you to stop posting in this thread. You don't see me posting just what I think about how you operate and the way your party runs in your official threads.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2012, 04:30:35 AM »

Ask whatever you want. This involves both parties and I'm tired of waiting forever.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2012, 08:23:16 AM »

OKAY, BUT WHY REVIEW? WHY NOT AMEND?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:37 PM »

Well, contrary to what the gentleman from WA may think, I do have a time frame that I am going by, and while I wouldn't have a problem with doing it that way, the clock does. Wink
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2012, 06:03:55 PM »

What the hell is going on around here these days? Are we seriously going to vote to dissolve the party?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »

What the hell is going on around here these days? Are we seriously going to vote to dissolve the party?
Good, you're back. I was just speculating with someone yesterday on why you haven't been around.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2012, 11:04:07 PM »

We should change our name to the Red taPe Party
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2012, 11:10:18 PM »

Well, contrary to what the gentleman from WA may think, I do have a time frame that I am going by, and while I wouldn't have a problem with doing it that way, the clock does. Wink

Mind sharing?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »

It'll be done when it's done.

When does the JCP vote?

Mind sharing?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2012, 11:15:34 PM »

Mind sharing?

No I don't, but I am not going to just the same.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2012, 11:18:31 PM »

When does the JCP vote?

Mind sharing?

I can start it now, actually. I thought it would be cool to do it simultaneously, though.

Mind sharing?

Just share the time frame. We've put up with two months of your procrastinating. I understand the RPP is your baby and it's hard to let go, but it's time.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »

I refuse to allow this to happen. Yankee STAND FIRM.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »

You refuse to allow a vote?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »

Have you checked the private forum yet? How can you question my intent and integrity (the only way you can ask that is to declare my previous statements to be lies) when you have yet to see the full picture which you have complete access to do so. I have not refused to do a damn thing. It is the party that has refused to allow a vote, by not cooperating and participating. I am sick of taking the blame for their stupidy and incompetence, especially from the supporters of this movement who should be more actively engaged on it, then I am, yet are not. These people have screwed me six ways to Sunday and I becoming just as angry with them for putting me in yet another impossible situation regarding this movement.

It is far too late for that, now, on the matter to which you are refering.

When does the JCP vote?

Mind sharing?

I can start it now, actually. I thought it would be cool to do it simultaneously, though.

Mind sharing?

Just share the time frame. We've put up with two months of your procrastinating. I understand the RPP is your baby and it's hard to let go, but it's time.

I really detest your accusations of dishonesty in this post, bgwah. Take it and stick it.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2012, 04:32:34 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2012, 04:35:11 AM by Assemblyman of the Mideast ZuWo »

This is an unbelievably unfair accusation. Stop posting in this thread if you have nothing else to contribute rather than baseless attacks.

The process is underway, and Yankee is not to blame for any delay. During the entire dissolution process within the RPP, it's been Yankee who has kept things alive. On the other hand, most people who initially spoke out in favor of the dissolution idea have not contributed (and still don't contribute) at all to this matter. If anything, they're the ones to blame. We could have started this vote already a week ago had more people actually read the bylaws, cared to give their input on the text of the dissolution motion and actually introduced the motion here.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2012, 06:04:32 AM »

I was referring to Rowan's comments.

Have you checked the private forum yet? How can you question my intent and integrity (the only way you can ask that is to declare my previous statements to be lies) when you have yet to see the full picture which you have complete access to do so. I have not refused to do a damn thing. It is the party that has refused to allow a vote, by not cooperating and participating. I am sick of taking the blame for their stupidy and incompetence, especially from the supporters of this movement who should be more actively engaged on it, then I am, yet are not. These people have screwed me six ways to Sunday and I becoming just as angry with them for putting me in yet another impossible situation regarding this movement.

It is far too late for that, now, on the matter to which you are refering.

When does the JCP vote?

Mind sharing?

Mind sharing?

I really detest your accusations of dishonesty in this post, bgwah. Take it and stick it.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2012, 06:06:22 AM »

This is an unbelievably unfair accusation. Stop posting in this thread if you have nothing else to contribute rather than baseless attacks.

The process is underway, and Yankee is not to blame for any delay. During the entire dissolution process within the RPP, it's been Yankee who has kept things alive. On the other hand, most people who initially spoke out in favor of the dissolution idea have not contributed (and still don't contribute) at all to this matter. If anything, they're the ones to blame. We could have started this vote already a week ago had more people actually read the bylaws, cared to give their input on the text of the dissolution motion and actually introduced the motion here.

Okay, this is enough, I am out.

I'll say this in allcaps since that's the style.

THE REASON I DONT CARE ABOUT THE STUPID BYLAWS OR TO GIVE INPUT IS ALL I WANT IS A QUICK AND DIRTY YES OR NO VOTE.

The fact that you guys don't seem to understand that is what's causing the problem.

But, I am out.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2012, 07:18:59 AM »

Okay, this is enough, I am out.

I'll say this in allcaps since that's the style.

THE REASON I DONT CARE ABOUT THE STUPID BYLAWS OR TO GIVE INPUT IS ALL I WANT IS A QUICK AND DIRTY YES OR NO VOTE.

The fact that you guys don't seem to understand that is what's causing the problem.

But, I am out.

First, the blyaws are not stupid. We passed an amendment to the party bylaws a couple of days ago (see page 3 of this thread) in order to make the dissolution vote even possible in the first place. We needed this amendment to proceed in a formally correct way. 18 people voted in favor of the amendment, which, among other things, states that a dissolution motion can be put forward anytime between January 1 and March 1. It also states that a motion for dissolution - and this is critical - is made for singular use. That's why it is so important that people actually give input on the motion we are going to vote on because if the motion is written in a sloppy way there is a risk that it will get defeated and we will run into a ton of problems. Indeed, the more people give some input on the motion (which you can access without any problems on the private forum), the higher the chances are for a successful adoption of the motion.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2012, 07:35:01 AM »

Teddy and Bgwah,

If you want someone to blame, blame me.  I have been a big pusher of a vote to dissolve but must admit that I have contributed nothing to getting it move forward.  The holidays and work took me out of things for a little bit and when I returned, I really sank into Senate with the time I have available.

I will admit that the by-laws make me tired, and is partly another reason why I have not done much.  I was hoping that I encourage the vote and when it happened vote the way I thought right.  Yankee has done everything in his ability to make the process happen, while at the same time, making sure it is done right.

I am sorry that I failed to step up and will work on that soon.  Those outside the party that favor a vote on dissolution by the two parties, should be thanking not atacking Yank.  Whatever his personal feelings, he has made it a possibility and shown true leadership on the issue.

So I will say it again, you want to attack someone, attack me.  After work today, I will get on it.  Sorry I did not do it earlier, but with limited time, I have been spending it on the government page.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »

Normally, in politics, when there is no opposition - no commentary or discussion - it means that whatever is on the table is fine.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2012, 01:40:13 PM »

Normally, in politics, when there is no opposition - no commentary or discussion - it means that whatever is on the table is fine.

Except in Atlasia, where the Senate has been known to pass bills with serious errors in them because nobody bothered to actually read & comment on them. Can't fault people for being careful here.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2012, 02:12:13 PM »

You would rather us spam "okay, gogogogo"?
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2012, 08:08:58 PM »

Yankee, I have felt uncomfortable about contributing to the final product because several members do not appreciate why I joined the party and I felt helping to craft the bylaw and/or article of dissolution would just exasperate things, possibly even swaying a vote or to away from dissolution.  But if you're ok with working on it and really need help, I would be more than happy to lend a hand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies