RPP December Christmas/Holiday Ball (Voting on Dissolution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:21:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  RPP December Christmas/Holiday Ball (Voting on Dissolution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: RPP December Christmas/Holiday Ball (Voting on Dissolution)  (Read 17657 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2012, 09:22:46 PM »

You would rather us spam "okay, gogogogo"?

You can if you want. Of course if it turns out that there are still critical errors after that, it's your fault.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2012, 10:03:26 PM »

Since I will be running in the RPP presidential primary, should I announce or simply put my name on the ballot when we vote? I trust all my fellow party members will be joining me in this endeavor.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #127 on: January 18, 2012, 11:18:16 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2012, 11:21:58 PM by Junkie »

Here we go:

1. I, Junkie, move that the RPP hereby dissolve.

2. This dissolution motion is conditioned on the subsequent or prior passage of a similar dissolution by all other Atlasian parties with 12 or more members. This dissolution motion is thus only effective once those other specified parties have likewise reciprocated

--------------

Asking for four people to second the motion.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: January 18, 2012, 11:20:26 PM »

Just share the time frame. We've put up with two months of your procrastinating. I understand the RPP is your baby and it's hard to let go, but it's time.

This is an unbelievably unfair accusation. Stop posting in this thread if you have nothing else to contribute rather than baseless attacks.

The process is underway, and Yankee is not to blame for any delay. During the entire dissolution process within the RPP, it's been Yankee who has kept things alive. On the other hand, most people who initially spoke out in favor of the dissolution idea have not contributed (and still don't contribute) at all to this matter. If anything, they're the ones to blame. We could have started this vote already a week ago had more people actually read the bylaws, cared to give their input on the text of the dissolution motion and actually introduced the motion here.

Okay, this is enough, I am out.

I'll say this in allcaps since that's the style.

THE REASON I DONT CARE ABOUT THE STUPID BYLAWS OR TO GIVE INPUT IS ALL I WANT IS A QUICK AND DIRTY YES OR NO VOTE.

The fact that you guys don't seem to understand that is what's causing the problem.

But, I am out.

"We care about zero official things" - DWTL, November 2009

"This man doesn't speak for me" - About 10 other RPPers at the time in response.

That is why the RPP is such a stickler about procedure. Blame him!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #129 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »

Have you checked the private forum yet? How can you question my intent and integrity (the only way you can ask that is to declare my previous statements to be lies) when you have yet to see the full picture which you have complete access to do so. I have not refused to do a damn thing. It is the party that has refused to allow a vote, by not cooperating and participating. I am sick of taking the blame for their stupidy and incompetence, especially from the supporters of this movement who should be more actively engaged on it, then I am, yet are not. These people have screwed me six ways to Sunday and I becoming just as angry with them for putting me in yet another impossible situation regarding this movement.

Yankee, I have felt uncomfortable about contributing to the final product because several members do not appreciate why I joined the party and I felt helping to craft the bylaw and/or article of dissolution would just exasperate things, possibly even swaying a vote or to away from dissolution.  But if you're ok with working on it and really need help, I would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Why didn't you tell me this?

There is still about 36 other people with no good excuse whatsoever.

It looks like the need seconds, though. That something you could lend assistance to? Grin
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2012, 11:38:29 PM »

I second Junkies motion.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 19, 2012, 02:04:21 AM »

I will also second the motion at hand.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2012, 03:52:02 AM »

I second Junkie's motion as well (now we need one more person to start a vote).
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #133 on: January 19, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »

I also second Junkie's motion.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2012, 11:09:03 PM »

Have you checked the private forum yet? How can you question my intent and integrity (the only way you can ask that is to declare my previous statements to be lies) when you have yet to see the full picture which you have complete access to do so. I have not refused to do a damn thing. It is the party that has refused to allow a vote, by not cooperating and participating. I am sick of taking the blame for their stupidy and incompetence, especially from the supporters of this movement who should be more actively engaged on it, then I am, yet are not. These people have screwed me six ways to Sunday and I becoming just as angry with them for putting me in yet another impossible situation regarding this movement.

Yankee, I have felt uncomfortable about contributing to the final product because several members do not appreciate why I joined the party and I felt helping to craft the bylaw and/or article of dissolution would just exasperate things, possibly even swaying a vote or to away from dissolution.  But if you're ok with working on it and really need help, I would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Why didn't you tell me this?

There is still about 36 other people with no good excuse whatsoever.

It looks like the need seconds, though. That something you could lend assistance to? Grin
Seconded.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #135 on: January 20, 2012, 12:05:32 AM »

According to the terms of the bylaw, a valid motion for dissolution has been offered by Junkie and seconded by four or more members. As such, a vote shall be proceeded to by the chairman or his designee at any time. This vote shall last a week and require a quorum of atleast 50% of all registered voters at the time of the vote's commencement.

I designate Zuwo to start, manage and oversee the actuall vote, count the votes, and post the results in this thread, his authority is limited thus to these enumerated powers.

The more intense the situation, the more cautious I get. Tongue 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 20, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »

According to the terms of the bylaw, a valid motion for dissolution has been offered by Junkie and seconded by four or more members. As such, a vote shall be proceeded to by the chairman or his designee at any time. This vote shall last a week and require a quorum of atleast 50% of all registered voters at the time of the vote's commencement.

50% of all registered RPP voters no?  Considering the RPP is less than 50% of allregistered voters Wink

[/cautious]
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #137 on: January 20, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »

50% of all registered RPP voters no?  Considering the RPP is less than 50% of allregistered voters Wink

[/cautious]

Yeah, it is supposed to mean 50% of the RPP members - and only those RPP members can vote who have been members of the party for at least 48 hours.

Btw, what made you switch to "independent" so shortly before the start of the dissolution vote? I thought you said you wanted to vote in favor of dissolution?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: January 20, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »

[/cautious]

Yeah, it is supposed to mean 50% of the RPP members - and only those RPP members can vote who have been members of the party for at least 48 hours.

Btw, what made you switch to "independent" so shortly before the start of the dissolution vote? I thought you said you wanted to vote in favor of dissolution?

Whether dissolution happens or not, I planned leaving.  That, and the fact that I've been in the party for about a year and I'm pushing dissolution.  I wasn't here to build the party, and I rarely contributed to the parties growth, so I'll let you guys who are more involved decide.   

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #139 on: January 20, 2012, 02:47:51 PM »

By the powers vested in my by our Chairman NCYankee, I hereby open a vote on the subsequent motion by Junkie, which has been seconded by at least 4 party members:

RPP Dissolution Motion

2. This dissolution motion is conditioned on the subsequent or prior passage of a similar dissolution by all other Atlasian parties with 12 or more members. This dissolution motion is thus only effective once those other specified parties have likewise reciprocated.

In order to be passed, this motion must fulfill the following conditions:

a. The vote will last for exactly 1 week (=until Friday, January 27) and must require the approval of majority of RPPers voting.
b. The vote must receive a minimum quorum of 50% of membership as it stands at the commencement of the vote (=20 members out of a total of 39 members).
c. All RPPers may vote who have attained membership prior to 48 hours before the vote commences.

Please vote aye, nay or abstain
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2012, 02:53:37 PM »

By the powers vested in my by our Chairman NCYankee, I hereby open a vote on the subsequent motion by Junkie, which has been seconded by at least 4 party members:

RPP Dissolution Motion

2. This dissolution motion is conditioned on the subsequent or prior passage of a similar dissolution by all other Atlasian parties with 12 or more members. This dissolution motion is thus only effective once those other specified parties have likewise reciprocated.

In order to be passed, this motion must fulfill the following conditions:

a. The vote will last for exactly 1 week (=until Friday, January 27) and must require the approval of majority of RPPers voting.
b. The vote must receive a minimum quorum of 50% of membership as it stands at the commencement of the vote (=20 members out of a total of 39 members).
c. All RPPers may vote who have attained membership prior to 48 hours before the vote commences.

Please vote aye, nay or abstain

Aye
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2012, 03:44:51 PM »

NAY

I'll just reform the RPP if this dissolves anyway so this is just pointless.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »

Aye.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2012, 04:31:26 PM »

Aye
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »

Aye.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:40 PM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »

[/cautious]

Three years of typing "all registered voters" in Survey Atlasia will do that. Tongue Being after midnight didn't help.

...50% of all Registered RPPers. Those who have been registered with the RPP for atleast 48 hours prior to votes commencement, may vote. Happy? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2012, 06:41:16 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Oh so ing NAY, you can't beleive it. Angry
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States