Can you imagine how brutal this would be?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:00:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Can you imagine how brutal this would be?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Can you imagine how brutal this would be?  (Read 1789 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »

Over half of the time would be dedicated to Mitt changing his mind about what the hell he wants to eat.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »

didn't one of the Dem nominees a cycle or two ago get soft in the knees when asked about his favorite ice cream flavor?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »

Over half of the time would be dedicated to Mitt changing his mind about what the hell he wants to eat.

Mitt loves some Carl's Jr. He's not a fussy eater.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2011, 04:25:37 PM by Politico »

I bet you'd love to devour his 64 year-old leathery sausage.

It's a man-crush (no homo). I mean, who wouldn't want to be Mitt Romney at 64? He's a man's man.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »

It's a man-crush (no homo). I mean, who wouldn't want to be Mitt Romney at 64? He's a man's man.

the Rich age more slowly, Politico.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »

It's mostly a healthy lifestyle and good genes. Unlike the president, a millionaire who has aged poorly the past four years, Romney does not smoke nor drink.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:33:51 PM »

There's no doubt that Romney's an exceptionally handsome man for his age.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »

It's mostly a healthy lifestyle and good genes. Unlike the president, a millionaire who has aged poorly the past four years, Romney does not smoke nor drink.

Obama was far from a millionaire when he started smoking (and there is no indication that he drinks alcohol in any volume that would negatively impact his health; in fact there is significant evidence that moderate alcohol consumption has health benefits).  smoking is a class issue.  if Obama was born into Romney's wealth it is highly likely that he would not have started smoking, even controlling for the Mormon factor.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »

Obama was far from a millionaire when he started smoking (and there is no indication that he drinks alcohol in any volume that would negatively impact his health; in fact there is significant evidence that moderate alcohol consumption has health benefits).  smoking is a class issue.  if Obama was born into Romney's wealth it is highly likely that he would not have started smoking, even controlling for the Mormon factor.

Ever hear of "personal responsibility"?

By the way, just like Obama, Romney's wealth is the product of his own hard work (and a bit of good fortune, of course). He was not handed hundreds of millions of dollars. He went out and earned it. The only thing his parents gave him was a good education and upbringing.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 04:43:16 PM »

Obama hasn't even aged all that badly.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 04:49:04 PM »

I have, and I decided after strenuous and painstaking thought that I didn't believe in it.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

this is all very cute, I'm just going to remind you, W. Mitt Romney could give a sh**t about you, so why bother?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 04:51:48 PM »

I have, and I decided after strenuous and painstaking thought that I didn't believe in it.

I am glad that everything in life can be blamed on somebody/something else. This makes life so much easier!

A better question is why do you bother attempting to spread European-style class warfare in America?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 05:03:13 PM »

I am glad that everything in life can be blamed on somebody/something else. This makes life so much easier!

intuitively you might think so, but after living as such for an extended period of time now I can confidently report the exact opposite.

A better question is why do you bother attempting to spread European-style class warfare in America?
[/quote]

because I believe in it, long after the Europeans gave it up, with the help of the CIA.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »

Romney's wealth is the product of his own hard work... The only thing his parents gave him was a good education and upbringing.

LOL
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 05:13:57 PM »

Romney's wealth is the product of his own hard work... The only thing his parents gave him was a good education and upbringing.

LOL

Just like Dubya... just like Dubya.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »

LOL

Newsflash: If anybody could do what Romney did, everybody would do it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

LOL

Wealth is almost always just passed down by birth in Old Europe, but things work a little differently in America. Mitt's wealth was built by his own hard work. His parents helped him get through Harvard, but he was on his own afterward. He did not inherit those hundreds of millions; he earned it. Heck, he even worked regular summer jobs during college (e.g., Security Guard at a Chrysler plant in old Detroit). He's no Dumbya.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »

LOL

Yes, that's the point. Everyone can not do what Romney did, because everyone does not have a wealthy CEO/governor father who sends them to elite prep schools and finances their education at Harvard.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »

LOL

Yes, that's the point. Everyone can not do what Romney did, because everyone does not have a wealthy CEO/governor father who sends them to elite prep schools and finances their education at Harvard.

There are plenty of other people in the same industry as Romney (i.e., management consulting) who do not come from such a privileged background. Furthermore, a privileged background only gets your foot in the door. It takes smarts and hard work to make something of yourself. Nobody gives it to you; you gotta earn it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 05:26:44 PM »

LOL

Wealth is almost always just passed down by birth in Old Europe, but things work a little differently in America. Mitt's wealth was built by his own hard work. His parents helped him get through Harvard, but he was on his own afterward. He did not inherit those hundreds of millions; he earned it. Heck, he even worked regular summer jobs during college (e.g., Security Guard at a Chrysler plant in old Detroit). He's no Dumbya.

I smoked pot in public parks on old Long Island.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »

LOL

I smoked pot in public parks on old Long Island.

Staten Island, here.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 05:51:41 PM »

my dad's best friend lived in Richmond County back in the day before he left for the humid pastures of old Orlando Florida in the early 00s.  that's my only memory of SI.  it was before my parents split up, so I had to be no older than 5.  went over there for dinner.  I only have one or two flash-frames of a memory, but they're both sunny, so it was probably summertime.
BigSkyBob

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »

Obama's was the grandson of a banker who was juiced into Columbia, apperently failed badly, but, nevertheless, was juiced into Harvard.
Reginald
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »

I've been seeing this ad lately. Oddly, I find Mitt's attempts to relate to "the common man" almost endearing in their desperate transparency.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 09:28:29 PM »

Uh-huh. By what definition?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies