Can you imagine how brutal this would be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Can you imagine how brutal this would be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can you imagine how brutal this would be?  (Read 1861 times)
Politico
YaBB God
« on: December 01, 2011, 03:48:04 PM »

Over half of the time would be dedicated to Mitt changing his mind about what the hell he wants to eat.

Mitt loves some Carl's Jr. He's not a fussy eater.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:22:18 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2011, 04:25:37 PM by Politico »

Over half of the time would be dedicated to Mitt changing his mind about what the hell he wants to eat.

I bet you'd love to devour his 64 year-old leathery sausage.

It's a man-crush (no homo). I mean, who wouldn't want to be Mitt Romney at 64? He's a man's man.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:33:47 PM »

It's a man-crush (no homo). I mean, who wouldn't want to be Mitt Romney at 64? He's a man's man.

the Rich age more slowly, Politico.

It's mostly a healthy lifestyle and good genes. Unlike the president, a millionaire who has aged poorly the past four years, Romney does not smoke nor drink.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »

the Rich age more slowly, Politico.

It's mostly a healthy lifestyle and good genes. Unlike the president, a millionaire who has aged poorly the past four years, Romney does not smoke nor drink.

Obama was far from a millionaire when he started smoking (and there is no indication that he drinks alcohol in any volume that would negatively impact his health; in fact there is significant evidence that moderate alcohol consumption has health benefits).  smoking is a class issue.  if Obama was born into Romney's wealth it is highly likely that he would not have started smoking, even controlling for the Mormon factor.

Ever hear of "personal responsibility"?

By the way, just like Obama, Romney's wealth is the product of his own hard work (and a bit of good fortune, of course). He was not handed hundreds of millions of dollars. He went out and earned it. The only thing his parents gave him was a good education and upbringing.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:51:48 PM »

Ever hear of "personal responsibility"?

I have, and I decided after strenuous and painstaking thought that I didn't believe in it.

I am glad that everything in life can be blamed on somebody/something else. This makes life so much easier!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

A better question is why do you bother attempting to spread European-style class warfare in America?
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »

Romney's wealth is the product of his own hard work... The only thing his parents gave him was a good education and upbringing.

LOL

Newsflash: If anybody could do what Romney did, everybody would do it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 05:17:33 PM »

Romney's wealth is the product of his own hard work... The only thing his parents gave him was a good education and upbringing.

LOL

Just like Dubya... just like Dubya.

Wealth is almost always just passed down by birth in Old Europe, but things work a little differently in America. Mitt's wealth was built by his own hard work. His parents helped him get through Harvard, but he was on his own afterward. He did not inherit those hundreds of millions; he earned it. Heck, he even worked regular summer jobs during college (e.g., Security Guard at a Chrysler plant in old Detroit). He's no Dumbya.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 05:22:44 PM »

LOL

Yes, that's the point. Everyone can not do what Romney did, because everyone does not have a wealthy CEO/governor father who sends them to elite prep schools and finances their education at Harvard.

There are plenty of other people in the same industry as Romney (i.e., management consulting) who do not come from such a privileged background. Furthermore, a privileged background only gets your foot in the door. It takes smarts and hard work to make something of yourself. Nobody gives it to you; you gotta earn it.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 05:43:34 PM »

LOL

Just like Dubya... just like Dubya.

Wealth is almost always just passed down by birth in Old Europe, but things work a little differently in America. Mitt's wealth was built by his own hard work. His parents helped him get through Harvard, but he was on his own afterward. He did not inherit those hundreds of millions; he earned it. Heck, he even worked regular summer jobs during college (e.g., Security Guard at a Chrysler plant in old Detroit). He's no Dumbya.

I smoked pot in public parks on old Long Island.

Staten Island, here.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 03:20:31 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2011, 06:12:35 AM by Politico »

LOL

Yes, that's the point. Everyone can not do what Romney did, because everyone does not have a wealthy CEO/governor father who sends them to elite prep schools and finances their education at Harvard.

There are plenty of other people in the same industry as Romney (i.e., management consulting) who do not come from such a privileged background. Furthermore, a privileged background only gets your foot in the door. It takes smarts and hard work to make something of yourself. Nobody gives it to you; you gotta earn it.

The privilege network is not as much about money itself but that 'foot in the door', the connections with the right people because of your background are just as important as the millions in cash. I have to say asserting that Romney basically entered life on the same level as others is a joke and even more, an insult to Americans that have to strain to get out of poverty or adverse family situations.

Class warfare rhetoric does not help anybody. Of course Romney had advantages, but he is a well-grounded individual who was not spoiled as a child. He had to work summer jobs throughout college. His parents (who lived in extreme poverty during the Great Depression) even sent him to a public grade school. We are clearly not dealing with a Kennedy, or a Kerry/Bush for that matter.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies