Unemployment 8.6% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:51:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Unemployment 8.6% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unemployment 8.6%  (Read 6736 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« on: December 02, 2011, 08:42:17 AM »

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/money/business_news/national-unemployment-rate-falls-8.6-percent,-lowest-level-since-march-2009

After watching Chris Matthews last night on Hardball talk of how the economy is improving; Democrats will be jumping out of their skin at this one. I can't wait to hear the spin.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:47:24 AM »

I will say however, these are the best numbers since March of 2009, but I do not believe that we're out of the woods just yet.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 08:51:30 AM »

At least I don't have to hear "Obama is presiding over 9.0% unemployment....blah blah."......at least for one month.
I think those days maybe coming to an end. There could be another spike, but if I had to wager a bet I would say the unemployment rate will be around 8.6% in November 2012.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 10:11:37 AM »

The issue is, and this comes right from my own company even..there is just a ton of uncertainty right now. In addition, it's an employer's market.  They have all the power and all the chips.  They dictate everything.  They expect one person now to do the jobs of two or three and work longer hours.  That's the new norm folks. 

I've even had top Managers tell me that there is no way they are hiring people domestically who they have to pay a decent salary, plus retirement, healthcare, etc when they can hire someone in India for $2/hr and work them 14 hours per day for often better quality service. 

This is what it is folks.  Read that.  Very scary.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies