Military detention of US citizens... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:50:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Military detention of US citizens... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Military detention of US citizens...  (Read 1694 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: December 02, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

This is so 2005. The ACLU forgot that most of the left wing no longer cares about war or Guantanemo or detention or anything like that since Obama.
If you read the article, it was Diane Feinstein that offered an amendment to bar the military from arresting American citizens indefinitely.  It failed 45-55.  The "compromise" status quo bill passed 99-1.

Perhaps you should realize that most politicians support fascist policies like this, and rather than relying on the left to uphold American freedoms, you should encourage your own party to do the same.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:24:17 PM »

This is so 2005. The ACLU forgot that most of the left wing no longer cares about war or Guantanemo or detention or anything like that since Obama.
If you read the article, it was Diane Feinstein that offered an amendment to bar the military from arresting American citizens indefinitely.  It failed 45-55.  The "compromise" status quo bill passed 99-1.

Perhaps you should realize that most politicians support fascist policies like this, and rather than relying on the left to uphold American freedoms, you should encourage your own party to do the same.

I was not really referring to politicians, nor do I particularly care about the people locked in Guantanemo one way or another.

The bulk of the whining liberals, of course, used to holler like madmen and accuse President Bush of fascism. Now they'll merely bury a comment about 'disappointment' on the bottom of their blog page and try to move on to another issue just as Senate Democrats will do here. Hence of course the 'utter lack of discussion'.

Quite a change in attitude! And a good one, too; now that the whining liberals no longer make a significant fuss, we can deal with terrorists more easily.
They bury their disappointment... but at least they acknowledge it.  I don't remember many Republicans offering their own disappointment when Bush did crap they didn't like.  No no.. fall in line!

But I think it's fairly obvious in this country that Republicans will only ever be the ones to successfully raise taxes and the Democrats will only ever be the ones to successfully fight terrorists.  That's just how it goes in such a divided, partisan political system!

And as for the liberals being disappointed but still supporting Obama... there are two choices in this country.  The devil you know, and the devil you don't want to know.  I'll take Obama.  At least I get 33% of what I think needs to be done instead of 0%.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies