Military detention of US citizens... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:04:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Military detention of US citizens... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Military detention of US citizens...  (Read 1736 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: December 16, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »

People seem to be making a big deal of this on the internets and Facebook. Is there any thing actually to this or is it just the usual tin foil hat paranoia?

No. As with all legislation that supposedly spells the arrival of fascism in America, this won't have much real world impact.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 05:08:30 PM »

People seem to be making a big deal of this on the internets and Facebook. Is there any thing actually to this or is it just the usual tin foil hat paranoia?

No. As with all legislation that supposedly spells the arrival of fascism in America, this won't have much real world impact.

I know you have a low opinion of me

That's not true at all, Mint. I'm sorry if I gave you that impression. I've got a lot of time for you.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, I'm naturally sceptical of anything that supposedly heralds the last gasp of American freedom or whatever, though... I'm not saying that this is necessarily a good bill, but as far as I can see - and admittedly I've only taken a cursory glance, so feel free to correct me - this doesn't change a whole lot as the current situation stands. Now, whether you think the current situation as regards indefinite detention is acceptable is another matter...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies