Who are the absolute deadweight Senators in the chamber as of now? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:29:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who are the absolute deadweight Senators in the chamber as of now? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who are the absolute deadweight Senators in the chamber as of now?  (Read 2277 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 03, 2011, 07:06:19 PM »

Lautenburg
Kohl
Enzi
Boozman
Crapo
Cardin
Roberts
Lieberman
Blunt
Inhofe
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:37:31 PM »

Manchin has been at least outspoken; I'd take him off. Otherwise, Scott's list is fine. Replace him with...Inhofe? Also, putting up people elected in 2010 is unfair, so take out Moran and Boozman.

Miles: Yours is okay, but I take issue with Lautenburg. He's not doing much now, but he was a massive asset to my old home state.

Eh, ok, I don't know much about Lautenburg anyway.

Boozman definitely deserves to be on the list; he was a backbencher in the House as well. If Lincoln were still in the Senate, she'd be doing much more than he is now.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 02:00:23 AM »

What does Mikulski do? I honestly don't know much about her, but I saw this:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

...and I know chairing committees isn't the sole factor of weighing a Senator's "purpose;" I'm simply just curious.

She acts a mentor to all the women Senators; she's the most senior woman,
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:38:35 PM »

What does Mikulski do? I honestly don't know much about her, but I saw this:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

...and I know chairing committees isn't the sole factor of weighing a Senator's "purpose;" I'm simply just curious.

Also, to be fair to Mikulski, her only two committees are Appropriations (nearly impossible for any Senator to get under the seniority system) and the H.E.L.P. committee, which Kennedy was Chairman of for so many years (though Mikulski is in line for the Chair now if/when Harkin retires).

Last week, Harkin said he'd probably retire....in 2020.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies