Ohio Recount is over and gues what, Bush still wins by over 118,000 votes!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:32:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Ohio Recount is over and gues what, Bush still wins by over 118,000 votes!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ohio Recount is over and gues what, Bush still wins by over 118,000 votes!!  (Read 9204 times)
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 03:10:53 AM »
« edited: December 30, 2004, 10:34:07 AM by CARLHAYDEN »

First, sorry, the thread deals with Ohio, but the discussion has wandered all over the place.  I cited Dean Logan because he is an election official who was on record as favoring machine recounts as more accurate before he needed to ;find' votes for his preferred candidate.

Second, was the example you cited of the state legislator seeking a recount one from Alabama?  If not, then it seems that your critique of my citation of Dean Logan is a little er inapropos.

Thirdly, statistical analysis does NOT prove that there is an incorrect vote count, BUT sophisticaded statistical analysis will indicate a probability of an error in the vote count (as in the example you cited).

Basically, as I understood your previous question, it was when a vote recount should be requested (i.e. is NOT legally manditory, but is legally acceptable).
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 06:21:41 AM »

Fox News is reporting the Democrats are asking for a recount of Alabama.

I hope you're joking.

Why? Do they think Bush's victory margin is a shade too high even in Alabama?

Dave
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 09:06:44 AM »

Because an Alabama recount makes as much sense as a Ohio or Florida recount.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2004, 05:50:50 PM »

Two responses:

1.  Ohio was targeted because of the many reports of irregularities there.

2.  Ohio was not singled out.  Efforts have been made in New Mexico, Nevada, New Hampshire, Georgia, Florida, and elsewhere.  They are still in court in New Mexico, trying to get the recount underway.

What about the tire slashing in Wisconsin. How do we know 10,000 voters wouldn't have been contacted. That is the FIRST example of voter suppresion I've seen this election.
DarthKosh

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2005, 11:45:52 AM »

Two responses:

2.  Ohio was not singled out.  Efforts have been made in New Mexico, Nevada, New Hampshire, Georgia, Florida, and elsewhere.  They are still in court in New Mexico, trying to get the recount underway.

What about the tire slashing in Wisconsin. How do we know 10,000 voters wouldn't have been contacted. That is the FIRST example of voter suppresion I've seen this election.

That ok.  The lunatics on the left encourage that so they will never question it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 01:56:30 PM »

Two responses:

That ok.  The lunatics on the left encourage that so they will never question it.

Perhaps we should start agatating about voter supression and Bush really won WI and doesn't need OH.  :-)
Andrew
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 05:12:24 PM »

What about the tire slashing in Wisconsin.

Apparently, tires on about 20 cars that Republicans were planning to use to take voters to the polls were slashed.  The good news is that Republican volunteers offered up their own cars for the party to use.  Although it is not known who slashed the tires, a local Democratic party spokesman specifically condemned the tire-slashing.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I don't know what you are saying here.
Andrew
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2005, 05:16:47 PM »

Perhaps we should start agatating about voter supression and Bush really won WI and doesn't need OH.  :-)

If you really believe that there was voter suppression and/or election fraud in Wisconsin, then you should.

I don't think you get it:  fair elections/voting rights/election fraud is not a partisan issue.

Unfortunately, it seems that most Democrats and virtually all Republicans don't care about it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2005, 05:28:41 PM »

If you really believe that there was voter suppression and/or election fraud in Wisconsin, then you should.

I don't think you get it:  fair elections/voting rights/election fraud is not a partisan issue.

Unfortunately, it seems that most Democrats and virtually all Republicans don't care about it.

No, but I am making fun of those claims from the Democrats like opebigot.  He posted a few months ago about "cars with magnetic signs on the door"  in Philadelphia that were used to "intimidate" votes.  Problem is, I live in Phila, in one of the neighborhoods where it was suppose to happen, and in didn't happen.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2005, 06:03:56 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2005, 06:06:49 PM by King »

Bandit goes to Alabama!
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2005, 06:15:43 PM »

Bandit goes to Alabama!

LOL, that sounds like a good movie!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2005, 07:21:39 AM »

I think the Alabama recount (?) is to do with the segregation thing
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2005, 07:41:28 PM »

Here is an interesting article on the problems with the exit polls:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6840933/
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2005, 10:46:32 AM »

I've been arguing with a certain family member of mine recently. He's quite convinced that the republicans stole SD, OH, FL, and even MS. His evidence is exit polls. At first he thought that only OH and FL were stolen. When I informed him that the exit polls were so bad that it took 90 minutes to call MS, he started arguing that the republicans had stolen that too. Some people.
Blue Rectangle

Political Matrix
E: 8.50, S: -0.62

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2005, 01:31:18 PM »

I've been arguing with a certain family member of mine recently. He's quite convinced that the republicans stole SD, OH, FL, and even MS. His evidence is exit polls. At first he thought that only OH and FL were stolen. When I informed him that the exit polls were so bad that it took 90 minutes to call MS, he started arguing that the republicans had stolen that too. Some people.
Why stop there?  Based on exit polls and the time it took networks to call states, he could argue that WV, VA, SC, NC, CO, NM and IA were stolen too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies