Daily Gallup GOP Tracking Poll Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  Daily Gallup GOP Tracking Poll Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Daily Gallup GOP Tracking Poll Thread  (Read 90225 times)
M

« on: December 19, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »

What about these numbers still doesn't indicated Romney is finished?  Maybe if the Gingrich numbers shifted to Romney. It just means someone else might will beat him.

Eh? The numbers don't indicate that Romney is dominating, as GOP frontrunners from 1952-2004, excepting 1964, tended to do by this point.

They do not, however, indicate that he is finished. A close second in national polls, before any state has yet voted, is a lot better than certain other candidates at this point who went on to win the nomination.
M

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 04:44:06 PM »

Giuliani showed us why national polls don't matter. I'll pay attention one state at a time. I still say whoever wins Florida wins the nomination. If Newt is going to do it, he needs to hit another home run tonight in the debate.

Agreed. I was receptive to the Giuliani strategy last cycle, but it was an abysmal failure. States matter, mo' matter, the snowball effect ends up deciding most nominations.
M

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
« Edited: February 01, 2012, 03:43:10 PM by M »

I'm going to go ahead and predict that Thaddeus McCotter will jump back in and win most of the remaining states. Then a brokered convention will nominate Dan Quayle on the 87th ballot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies