Opinion of Bradley Manning
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Bradley Manning
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Neutral

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Opinion of Bradley Manning  (Read 2478 times)
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2011, 04:24:31 PM »
« edited: December 06, 2011, 04:28:16 PM by Ramsey Clark »

A true American patriot and one of my political influences. FF.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 04:45:28 PM »

A true FF.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »

I'm not sure I approve of the way he is being handled so far, but he clearly is an HP.  sh**t is classified for a reason.  Of course some pieces of classified information are classified for stupid or wrong reasons, but that's not up to a single dude to determine.  The system may need refining, but what system run by the govt couldn't use some refining?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

HP, for similar reasons to what dead0man said. Even putting aside my innate distaste for anyone involved in the "Wikileaks" thing.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 05:06:59 PM »

I'm not sure I approve of the way he is being handled so far, but he clearly is an HP.  sh**t is classified for a reason.  Of course some pieces of classified information are classified for stupid or wrong reasons, but that's not up to a single dude to determine.

So because some bureaucrat puts a red stamp on something that means we should all just go along with it even if it obviously violates human rights? Come on dude.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »

I'm not sure I approve of the way he is being handled so far, but he clearly is an HP.  sh**t is classified for a reason.  Of course some pieces of classified information are classified for stupid or wrong reasons, but that's not up to a single dude to determine.

So because some bureaucrat puts a red stamp on something that means we should all just go along with it even if it obviously violates human rights? Come on dude.
You'd have a point if there was no way to address that issue without releasing every bit of information you can get your hands on.  But there is.  And even if there wasn't, or he tried (which he didn't) and failed to do things the right way he could have just released the info that involved human rights abuses.  But he didn't, he released everything he could get his hands on.
Mr. Taft Republican
Taft4Prez
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 06:40:02 PM »

He did what he thought was in the best interest of the country, but he's a Lady Gaga fan, so neutral.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 07:02:19 PM »

FF, but regardless of whether or not what he did was right or wrong, it's absolutely f-cking stupid to say that he should get life in prison, or worse, as some nationalists seem to think.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »

He was simply an attention whore. It does not mean he should be treated the way he is by the U.S. millitary state but he is still an attention whore. Simply look at this portrait:

He resembles a 10th grade varsity show choir member who is just about to start singing a song from Wicked for his several amigos (who are all female upper classmen). Yes, he is a major attention whore. 
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 05:05:58 PM »

He seems nice though.  It's a shame he'll spend the rest of his life in prison for crimes against the holy state.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 01:12:54 PM »

He was simply an attention whore. It does not mean he should be treated the way he is by the U.S. millitary state but he is still an attention whore. Simply look at this portrait:

He resembles a 10th grade varsity show choir member who is just about to start singing a song from Wicked for his several amigos (who are all female upper classmen). Yes, he is a major attention whore. 
This.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »

Neutral. He's an HP but his treatment is also horrible, so...yeah, neutral I guess.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »

If he's found guilty, he's a traitor and should rot in jail for what he did. I won't comment until the court renders its verdict, because I do try my best to assume innocence insofar as possible. If he did what he is accused of having done, though, I will say that he's not someone I'd admire for putting the lives of our young men and women in uniform in danger. Classified documents are classified for a reason.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 11:17:12 PM »

If he's found guilty, he's a traitor and should rot in jail for what he did. I won't comment until the court renders its verdict, because I do try my best to assume innocence insofar as possible. If he did what he is accused of having done, though, I will say that he's not someone I'd admire for putting the lives of our young men and women in uniform in danger. Classified documents are classified for a reason.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 12:01:10 AM »

All hail the state.  Death to the enemies of the state.  Death to the traitor Emmanuel Goldstein Bradley Manning.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies