VOTE
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  VOTE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: VOTE  (Read 19392 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2003, 03:51:52 PM »

Just wnted to know
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 04:18:18 PM »

I'd vote 100 times if I could, but I don't live in Chicago and I'm not a Democrat so I'm only entitled to one vote.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 04:44:33 PM »

Well the Democrats  were registering the dead in 2002 out in SD, maybe an opening for you.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 05:02:10 PM »

Oh really. Again, specific allegations would be nice, or if you don't have any specifics as to names of dead people who were registered, who got them on the rolls, and how this was done, then at least make a qualifying statement saying that in your opinion there was fraud.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 05:06:18 PM »

I have proof of REGISTRATIONS of the dead.  A lady was hired by the Dems and later Charged and convicted for it. After the scandal broke the Dems fired her of course and rightly so.  Can't remember her name off hand, but this one is lookupable.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2003, 05:13:10 PM »

Ok, so if she was fired, I assume the name was taken off the rolls then and voters were not cast under it. There definitely may be shenanigans by some people with their own agendas, but as long as the state party takes care of them and makes sure the name was off the rolls, then you can't blame the Dems. The bottom line is were any votes actually cast under the names of dead people?
And again, I hate to beat a dead horse, but is it really "good for the state" to not challenge this kind of thing? The fact that Thune didn't challenge it, is, in my opinion, a big piece of evidence against the validity of the charges.
That's just my $0.02 though...If you have good solid evidence, then I'm glad that you would bring it to light. But charges of voter fraud are serious business and shouldn't be tossed around without clear specifics of who, what, when, and how.
WONK
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2003, 05:22:11 PM »

Absolutely hilarious Tennessee.  I think anyone who visits this site is a politico and therefore the results of your poll will be 100% yes I'm voting.  But, I'm sure as a country we will get the usual 50% voter turnout, which I find curious and appalling.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2003, 05:26:04 PM »

Amen to that! Greater interest and participation in politics by everyone would definitely be a good thing.
jravnsbo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2003, 05:29:21 PM »

Well a lot of it was discovered in Oct and while many counties were going over the registrations , they said that when they were about to have the elections they couldn't guarantee that all the regiustrations that were illegal.  I think they have now scrubbed everyone's registration afterwards.

Ok, so if she was fired, I assume the name was taken off the rolls then and voters were not cast under it. There definitely may be shenanigans by some people with their own agendas, but as long as the state party takes care of them and makes sure the name was off the rolls, then you can't blame the Dems. The bottom line is were any votes actually cast under the names of dead people?
And again, I hate to beat a dead horse, but is it really "good for the state" to not challenge this kind of thing? The fact that Thune didn't challenge it, is, in my opinion, a big piece of evidence against the validity of the charges.
That's just my $0.02 though...If you have good solid evidence, then I'm glad that you would bring it to light. But charges of voter fraud are serious business and shouldn't be tossed around without clear specifics of who, what, when, and how.
jravnsbo

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 05:30:40 PM »

Yes as long as they do both --get interested and vote.  I hate when I hear people from either party say I vote for him or her b/c he was nice looking or some factor that really doesn't matter.

Amen to that! Greater interest and participation in politics by everyone would definitely be a good thing.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2003, 05:42:41 PM »

Agreed, hopefully everyone will take time to study the issues and become informed citizens.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2003, 06:37:34 PM »

Interesting thing to ponder:

What would happen if only politicos (people like us, people involved in government, partisan folks from the major and third parties, people involved in issues and groups, etc.) voted?  How would things change?  Would the level of rhetoric be raised?  Would politics become more or less contentious?  Would different, perhaps more "policy wonk" people be elected?

Demrepdan

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2003, 08:51:23 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2003, 08:52:21 PM by Demrepdan »

From recent article I have read, it is estimated that if 100% of registered voters vote in the 2004 election, President Bush will be CRUSHED with no pity. But sadly, it appears that it is the majority of liberals who think to themselves, "I'm staying home this Tuesday, my vote doesn't matter anyway." This should make many of you Republicans jump from your seats in joy.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2003, 09:16:46 PM »

Nomatter what ANYbody says, IM VOTING, and im voting Democrat
Demrepdan

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2003, 09:24:16 PM »

I'll be voting not only in the general election, but the Democratic Primaries. Even if the primaries are pretty much wrapped up by the time the state of Illinois holds their primaries. It dissapoints me how I can't get many of my friends to vote. I was able to convince one to vote for the 2002 elections, but I may not be able to convince him to vote for the primaries. One other friend doesn't vote at all.

They are pretty much liberal too, this saddens me how there are several potential Democrats out there, who don't want to vote because they think it's a waste of time.

I wonder how many Republicans do this.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2003, 09:33:26 PM »

I'll be voting not only in the general election, but the Democratic Primaries. Even if the primaries are pretty much wrapped up by the time the state of Illinois holds their primaries. It dissapoints me how I can't get many of my friends to vote. I was able to convince one to vote for the 2002 elections, but I may not be able to convince him to vote for the primaries. One other friend doesn't vote at all.

They are pretty much liberal too, this saddens me how there are several potential Democrats out there, who don't want to vote because they think it's a waste of time.

I wonder how many Republicans do this.
I will vote in the michigan primaries. I also am disapointed at my fellow democrats for not voting!!! People should at least vote in one election in a range of 4 years AT LEAST
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2003, 09:40:13 PM »

Im urging the 9 people who said they will vote to really vot nomatter for what party

....Vote dem 04
Demrepdan

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2003, 12:35:58 AM »

Here's a question for you all. However, this only applies to those 18 and over, sorry kids.

What was the first election you were involved in, and how did you vote?

I turned 18 in 2001, so I participated in the 2002 March Primaries, declaring myself a Democrat. In the General Election in 2002, I of course voted, and voted mostly Democratic. I only voted for TWO Republicans. Irronically enough, every major candidate I voted for, won the election Smiley Except for one.
jravnsbo

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2003, 01:08:27 AM »

dem rep-- hello young one then.

1994 GOP Revolution is when I first voted.  Nice start to the voting for me! took back Congress!

Vote mostly GOP, definately for national offices, some local Dems and even a few state ones, such as state AG have gotten my vote.  

I like some Southern Dems but a vote for them supports Ted Kennedy and Hilliary and Chck "take my guns" Schumer and so glad I don't live in those states.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2003, 01:31:25 AM »

I've been 'advising' my relatives on how they should vote for years but my first vote was right after I turned 18 - the 1999 Memphis Municipal Election.

It was a non-partisan ballot but I voted for the GOP-endorsed Mayoral candidate and other Republican endorsees.  Unfortunately the Mayoral candidate came in fourth behind a Pro wrestler and two Democrats from the respective factions of the local Dem Party.  Hence why we didn't endorse anyone this year... to spare us the embarassment.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2003, 01:41:09 PM »

I want to know who would post at a forum like this and not vote in the election.  We can't wait until election day.
Demrepdan

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2003, 06:37:49 PM »

I want to know who would post at a forum like this and not vote in the election.  We can't wait until election day.
Damn straight.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2003, 06:53:39 PM »

my voting record

2000-Senator race-Debbie Stabanow (D) Won
Presidential-Al Gore(D) Lost

2002-Senator race-Carl Levin (D) won
Governor-Jennifer Granholm (D) won
State senator-Jim Barcia (D) won

2003-Mayor-Katt (r) won

Demrepdan

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2003, 06:59:37 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2003, 07:04:01 PM by Demrepdan »

my voting record, which is much shorter than anyone elses probably, unless you're under 18. Although mine is probably more on the money than anybody else. (i.e voting for the winning candidate)

Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) -won
Secretary of State Jesse White (D) -won
Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) -won
Treasurer Judy Barr Topinka (R) -won
Comptroller Dan Hynes (D) -won

Senator Dick Durbin (D) -won
Representative Tim Johnson (R) -won
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2003, 07:02:10 PM »

my voting record, which is much shorter than anyone elses probably, unless you're under 18. Although mine is probably more on the money than anybody else. (i.e voting for the winning candidate)

Governor Rod Blagojevich (D) -won
Secretary of State Jesse White (D) -won
Attorney General Lisa Madigan (D) -won
Treasurer Judy Barr Topinka (R) -won
Comptroller Dan Hynes (D) -won

Senator Dick Durbin (D) -won
Representative Tim Johnson (R) -won
the only person i know in your voting record is durbin
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length