MA: Boston Herald/UMass-Lowell: Warren extends lead (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:12:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 Senatorial Election Polls
  MA: Boston Herald/UMass-Lowell: Warren extends lead (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA: Boston Herald/UMass-Lowell: Warren extends lead  (Read 6342 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »

I at least admired her conviction in the past... but after the "no one got rich on his own" speech, I would love nothing more then to see her get destroyed even by a Massachusetts moderate

You would think someone who came from the middle class and is now worth many millions like her would appreciate someone who built his own business. "You built a factory? Good for you!" in a sarcastic, condesending tone just shows the disdain she has for American ingenuity

Guess what- I built a business, and I paid taxes but not only that, I employed people, I built homes for people to live in, I helped grow this state in a small way...I have never had more than $1.4M in assets and have much less then that now, but to her I am the same as a Wall Street fat cat

Every thing she says offends me...she reminds me of Jane Fonda....

And what an emotional you-know-what, the way her head shakes and she has to stop and regain composure every five seconds...I have no problem voting for a woman, but a you-know-what like her who has the emotions of the one girl in class not asked to prom...UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 01:10:37 AM »

That probably smells like my bathroom after a sh**t that lets me finish a crossword puzzle
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »

Nathan- you have no idea how a small business works, don't imply that I stayed in a comfy, wood paneled office in my leahter chair while my poor peasants did the hard labor.  I was at the home sites, I purchased the materials, I inspected, I managed, I did actual work

Not only that, but I was the one- not my employees - who put my savings into my business. If I had failed, the employees could walk away, find work elsewhere, but I would have gone to the poor house and my family would not have been able to eat

Small business owners are NOT CEOs in corner offices or chairmen of the board who meet once a quarter to dictate policy. Small business owners are on the ground, running something that is truly their entire life

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »

I could have found work eventually, but would have been swimming in debt. Dpending on when it failed- Thank God it did not -- I could have had to declare bankruptcy
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »

I could have found work eventually, but would have been swimming in debt. Dpending on when it failed- Thank God it did not -- I could have had to declare bankruptcy

In that case you have my apologies, though I maintain that you're taking the import of Warren's rhetoric a little too personally and I'm reasonably certain it's not directed against people such as you.

I'm glad your business was successful.

Thank you Nathan... I will look into her specific policies to see what he ropinion on small businesses is, you are probably right
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies