Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 19, 2014, 03:04:14 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  International Elections (Moderator: Hashemite)
| | |-+  Swiss Elections & Politics
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Swiss Elections & Politics  (Read 14466 times)
Georg Ebner
View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »
Ignore

TI is not surprising concerning ECOPOP, but GOLD is, because TI is not wealthy like Zurich and its "GoldCoast"-suburbs (stretching into InnerCH). The recent successes of LegaT., SVP, CVP-righties seem to be based on a general shift, also in bread+butter-themes.
Georg Ebner
View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 30, 2014, 06:22:28 pm »
Ignore

ECOPOP has a certain correlation with the the AntiImmigration-Ref. of SVP last February, but far more with the AntiMinarett-one of 2009, which was also rejected by the SVP (and supported by its right fringe). The - compared to February - lower turnOut (49.3 vs. 56.6) hurt ECOPOP, too (absentees are often angry WWC RightWingers). Rural: 29.3, SubUrbs: 25.9, InnerCities: 22.6. Nothing more from me, because i am only from "the poor caricature of SwitzerLand" (=Austria) ...
Thomas from NJ
SNJ1985
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 5.74

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 30, 2014, 08:31:39 pm »
Ignore

TI is not surprising concerning ECOPOP, but GOLD is, because TI is not wealthy like Zurich and its "GoldCoast"-suburbs (stretching into InnerCH).

Could this have something to do with it?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-20813983

Georg Ebner
View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2014, 10:43:40 pm »
Ignore

I thank You for that interesting article, i have never read this in national media, also not during the campaign - thus i doubt, that it was a major factor (except for few FabricWorkers plus relatives).
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 02, 2014, 09:39:21 pm »
Ignore

Has Switzerland ever had a referendum on marijuana legalization? Any recent polls on the issue?

I was just reading over some of these Swiss referendum articles on Wikipedia and I got curious about this considering all the proposals that have been voted on over the years.
Thomas from NJ
SNJ1985
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2014, 10:44:39 pm »
Ignore

Has Switzerland ever had a referendum on marijuana legalization?

Yes. There was a referendum on legalizing marijuana in 2008. It was rejected with 63.25% against and 36.75% in favor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_referendums,_2008#Legalisation_of_the_personal_consumption_and_production_of_cannabis

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2014, 11:01:47 am »
Ignore

Simonetta Sommaruga (SP) is going to be President of the Swiss Confederation in 2015. Memers of both chambers of the Swiss parliament elected her with 181 out of potential 246 votes today, which is a pretty good result.

Sommaruga will succeed Didier Burkhalter (FDP), whose tenure has been overshadowed by the domestic debate on the future of Switzerland's role in Europe as well as the Ukraine conflict. Indeed, Switzerland happened to head the OSCE this year so Burkhalter spent a lot of time traveling to Kiev and trying to arbitrate between the Ukraine and Russia.
greenforest32
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2014, 03:06:12 am »
Ignore

Has Switzerland ever had a referendum on marijuana legalization?

Yes. There was a referendum on legalizing marijuana in 2008. It was rejected with 63.25% against and 36.75% in favor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_referendums,_2008#Legalisation_of_the_personal_consumption_and_production_of_cannabis

Thanks. I wonder if the strict prohibition enforcement here in the U.S. is why it's fairing so well in terms of public support lately. Maybe Switzerland has seen a similar change in public opinion over the last six years?
CrabCake
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2014, 03:21:02 am »
Ignore

The difference between the marijuana debate in the US and Europe is marked. In the US legalisation has topped polls for quite some time, due to the well-funded organisations in favour and the very visible effects of the drug war sparking backash. In Europe - even in supposed left-wing paradise lands - legalisation remains a very niche nonstarter. The few parties that support it are widely avoided - look at NEOS in Austria being dragged into supporting it, then collapsing in the polls. I think "Ming" Flanegan got a free vote in the Irish Dail about marijuana legalisation and got like 4 votes in favour.

What does individual politics got to do with ANYTHING?

INDIVIDUAL POLITICS???

F U ridiculous MORON forum!!

F U

F U!

What's wrong with "you guys" Huh Huh

I know it was only down to one sole moronic soul who decided that this was beyond his worth as a human being to consider comedians as actual human beings.
Thomas from NJ
SNJ1985
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2014, 11:45:47 am »
Ignore

Back in August, a Eurobarometer survey stated that 53% of the youth in Europe think marijuana should be illegal.

http://eubulletin.com/3281-eurobarometer-most-europes-youth-support-banning-cannabis.html

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout