why richard nixon so hated ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:49:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  why richard nixon so hated ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why richard nixon so hated ?  (Read 11462 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: December 13, 2011, 01:27:55 PM »
« edited: December 13, 2011, 01:29:43 PM by Bacon King, VP »

A few choice Nixon quotes that didn't make it into your thread, but also illuminate him very well:

"John, we have the power. Are we using it now to investigate contributors to Hubert Humphrey? Contributors to Muskie? The Jews, you know, that are stealing in every direction? ... Please get me the names of the Jews. You know, the big Jewish contributors to the Democrats... Could you please investigate some of the cocksuckers?"

"The Jews are all over the government... Most Jews are disloyal. I want to look at any sensitive areas where Jews are involved, Bob. Generally speaking, you can't trust the bastards. They turn on you."

"There's one thing that I want done and I don't want any argument about it. I want you to direct the most trusted person you have in the immigration service, and they are to look over all of the activities of the Los Angeles Times. All, underlined. ... [Publisher] Otis Chandler, I want him checked with the gardener, his gardener. I understand he's a wetback, is that clear?"

Nixon, arguing to Haldeman to steal files from the Brookings Institute so he could blackmail LBJ: "The way I want that handled is... just to break in. Break in and take it out! You understand? You are to break into the place, rifle the files, and bring them out. Just go in and take it! Go in around eight or nine o'clock. And clean it up. .... Mitchell was arguing strenuously about the law this morning. and I said, 'Godd-mn it, forget the law.' " [President Nixon continued to refine his plan over the next several days, adding a firebombing that would allow FBI agents to accompany firemen into the building and steal the desired documents. Ultimately, however, nothing happened.]
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies