why richard nixon so hated ? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:16:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  why richard nixon so hated ? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: why richard nixon so hated ?  (Read 11451 times)
Michaelf7777777
Rookie
New Zealand

« on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:50 AM »

Watergate even though I think its importance in Nixon's rating as a President is exagerated (compared to Truman being a corrupt machine politician in Missouri, votes being stolen on Kennedy's behalf, Johnson organising the stuffing of ballot boxes to win the 1948 Texas senate election and Reagan selling weapons to American enemies are all actions which are, at the very least, as bad as Watergate imo.)

Watergate has also tended to overshadow much of the good policy that Nixon enacted during his Presidency including turning China and starting the process of turning Arab nations to the American cause in the Cold War (actions which are usually attributed to either Kissinger or Carter) as well as domestically creating the EPA.

All in all I think Nixon is vastly underated and that is entirely due to Watergate which I admit should not have happened and could have been handled far more effectively by Nixon once it had happened.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies